Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: A Stomach Ache, a Heartbreak and a Grave Mistake

Pallas
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Another thing that doesn't ring true is your kid has a tummy ache and you immediately dash off to Urgent Care?  Even though Darlene supposedly has health care bennies from Wellman's, there's got to be a deductible.

Although the way he was acting, it seemed pretty intense, not just "Ugh, I ate something bad, excuse me while I go to the bathroom."  Maybe she would have asked how long he'd had it and how it felt before going to urgent care, but given her past experience, I could see her risking the high bills to help her kid.  What I have more trouble with is that she would be willing to pay for her own therapy.

• Love 2

I want to like this show, but I still think there are way too many characters for a 30 minute sitcom.   Darlene’s parenting is awkward at best.  I’m not sure if it’s Sara Gilbert’s acting or that’s what the show is trying to go for.  Mary again is used as filler and while I liked Becky trying to teach Harris to stand up for herself, I’m not sure why she thought vandalism was the was to go. I really wished the show wasn’t centered around Darlene because to me she is the least likable character.  The cemetery thing was weird since they didn’t have Dan involved at all.   The only good thing I can say is that it’s nice to see them having at least a small financial gain and a little breathing room on that front.

• Love 6
On 3/6/2021 at 1:58 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

There also was the clip of Jackie with Booker a few episodes ago. 

DUH! Forgot about that one! Thanks! :) 

On 3/6/2021 at 11:00 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Becky is going to have a bill when Mr. and Mrs. Josh find out what happened to their stone mailbox.  Josh will tell his parents some psycho bitch he was dating and her mom damaged it with a baseball bat.  Lawsuit ensues.

Her aunt, actually, not that he may have noticed at this point. ;) 

• Love 1

I agree that the whole vandalism scene with the ex-boyfriend's mailbox was not cool.  But Becky's line about stashing Beverly Rose there for the next tornado made me laugh out loud.

Patton Oswalt was awesome.  I want to see more of him, I like his brand of world weary with a twinkle sense of intelligent humor.  If they keep writing Jackie as normal Jackie and not as "Wacky Jackie," I'd like to see him stick around as the low-key occasional boyfriend.  I think the actors work well off each other.

I have to remember that this is first and foremost a sitcom, so everything is going to be over the top.  Darlene and Dan's argument over protecting/informing Mark seemed too much, too fast.  Then when Mark's stomach-ache started I was thinking it was more over the stress and anxiety of his mother and grandfather arguing over him than over any COVID related stress and anxiety.  I did like the scene with Mark and Darlene at the end trying to look at the positive side of life because I was cracking up about Darlene finding positives...

• Love 4

I'm going to be a little nit-picky.  In "The Gift of The Magi", the woman sold her hair to buy a watch fob, not a pocket watch.  Also, I find it hard to believe that a writer, who went to school to study writing, and who read quite a lot during her later teenage years, would be so clueless about that story as Darlene appeared to be.

• Love 5