Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Running on Fumes

• Start Topic

On 3/2/2021 at 3:16 PM, Mr. Miner said:

OK Everybody! The engines are off, you can probably hear your breakfast and all your other shit hitting the floor below. We’re going to go a whole 4 miles. 🙄

On 3/2/2021 at 3:42 PM, biakbiak said:

On a boat that size it would take a few hours, it’s literally why they only sail for a small amount of time because it’s not efficient but it is fun and you can feel the difference.

I don't think the other BD yachts go more than a few miles from port either.

Occasionally like one recent of BDM I believe, they actually had to travel for 4-5 hours to pick some guests up.  But that's the exception, not the rule.

At this point, it's like going to a coastal resort with custom dining and some water sports.

And of course, drama among the crew and the guests.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, aghst said:

I don't think the other BD yachts go more than a few miles from port either.

Occasionally like one recent of BDM I believe, they actually had to travel for 4-5 hours to pick some guests up.  But that's the exception, not the rule.

At this point, it's like going to a coastal resort with custom dining and some water sports.

And of course, drama among the crew and the guests.

Last season of BD was 20-30 miles from harbor to anchorage.  The ones I charted were 22 and 24 but it would vary depending on the route taken.  BDM was shorter, around 10-15. 

• Useful 1

If I'm remembering it correctly, Glenn talked about "regatta", which means not going directly from a point A to a point B ! I don't know the English wording for that, but in french, we call it "tirer des bords", kind of tacking, going straight, tacking, etc ! That's a lot of fun ❤️

• Love 1