Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: The Fourth Hour

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

Kenan struggles with his increased work schedule when "Wake Up With Kenan!" adds a fourth hour; Rick encourages Kenan to get tough and say "no" more often; Gary suspects that Tami has her eye on Kenan's job and takes matters into his own hands.

Original air date: 3/2/21

I know it's all silly, but if Kenan's show is done by 8, and let's say there's a 2 hour meeting after, he should be able to get in a 3 hour nap easily before the girls come home from school and another 6-7 hours from 8/9 pm to 3 am. Not too bad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I understand Kenan not being able to say no to the kids after their mom died, especially when it comes to bedtime stuff. That can be hard to say no to under normal circumstances, especially when they ask so sweetly (as opposed to when the kids are screaming and refusing to go to bed). I'm glad that he learned to say no and set some boundaries. It can be really hard for people pleasers to say no because they feel like they are letting people down or losing opportunities, but you just have to learn how to prioritize. Ha, I laughed at the haircut he ended up with because he fell asleep.

• Love 1

This episode was when I decided I was in. I am already rooting for a mostly Black cast that isn't a "stereotypical Black" show (like preachy Black, or trauma Black). This is slice of life, in Atlanta, where Black folk live.

Niccole Thurman plays Cory (the deceased wife) and I need her to have a twin so she can be a regular in the cast. She's the BEST. I'm here for this show as long as it lasts, hopefully more than a couple episodes. I love the cast, I do NOT like Fortune Feimster at all. She and Rebel Wilson are nails on the acting chalkboard to me.

Weird thing to thank, but I'd like to thank Covid for making it impossible to do this show with a live audience. It would have died the same death as Abby's. Single cam no audience is much better for long term. 

• Love 1