Type keyword(s) to search

The (Deceased) Dr Laura Horton Thread

• Start Topic

Originated in 1966 by Floy Dean and later played by Susan Flannery, Susan Oliver, Rosemary Forsyth and finally Jaime Lyn Bauer....until this week.

Something tells me this largely sidelined veteran character ain't coming back from this. So let's recall her loves (Bill, Mickey), her ordeals (betrayals, breakdowns, memory-erasing laser surgery, sleeping with her daughter's lover) and her legacy on this long-running soap.

e0qZtNwXXLL3o336LlN4o4rSDR0xYM0tosefH0EC

MV5BNjJmMDZlM2UtNDgxOC00ZWJlLTgzOWEtM2Fk

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbFg4y6IzdTg3KEoKesPh

weddingMickeyLauraA.jpg

Bill-and-Laura-days-of-our-lives-1506084

2c9030bc972c53d6f7f5e3817fb1ee44.jpg

Days-Fabulous+Foes-+Jamie+Lyn+Bauer+&+De

1d5cd622030b513473ef574ad775376c.jpg

36348824_2144855282208978_17569379725124

laura-jenn-jack-days-of-our-lives-jg.jpg

laura-confesses-jennifer-abigail-days-of

gwen-grabs-laura-days-of-our-lives-jj.jp

days-laura-dead-JJ.jpg?fit=1230,724

• Love 2

I won't miss this Laura, who sadly is the only one I knew. She didn't seem to have much connection to the leading character she'd been in the past. (Also wasn't Laura older than both Julie and Maggie? She ended up the youngest. Dead though, so there's that.)

Edited by ajs1615
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Something tells me this largely sidelined veteran character ain't coming back from this.

You could be right, however, one of the characters, Kate maybe, said just this week, something like "this is Salem, where no one stays dead".  And since Gwen is involved in Laura's death, and is connected to Dr. Rolf, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Laura could get a dose of the "back to life" potion if a writer wanted her back.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, buffynut said:

You could be right, however, one of the characters, Kate maybe, said just this week, something like "this is Salem, where no one stays dead".  And since Gwen is involved in Laura's death, and is connected to Dr. Rolf, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Laura could get a dose of the "back to life" potion if a writer wanted her back.

Exactly. Death means nothing on this show lol.

• Love 3

...but who would want her back?

She existed solely to swoop in during the epilogue of Abigail's breakdown. She hasn't been part of the show for at least a decade. It doesn't seem like she has many fans.

I think this is it. Ron only brings characters back from the dead he wants to write for. She was used and discarded purely to prop Gwen. If he brought her back...she'd just be swept off-canvas again. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

She was used and discarded purely to prop Gwen

And that’s the only reason she’d be brought back at this point. 

For Gwen. So Gwen can go, “see I didn’t kill her, I’m not a bad person even though I DID do all those other bad things, just not THIS one.  Therefore, b/c of that and my previously mentioned sad story, you should forget about everything else and welcome me w/ open arms! Even though I’ve not shown one bit of remorse or apologized for anything and just demanded that you accept me.”

Even the funeral looks to be all about Gwen. The family isn’t going to get to grieve, it’s going to be Gwen skulking about worried about how everything affects HER.  

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Which is why I'm glad JJ has been ignored through all of this. 

You should knock on some wood. He’s the only one Gwen hasn’t targeted directly. He can still be brought in for prop duty in a last ditch effort to make her happen. They seem to be going all out. 

JJ: “She’s okay. She didn’t do anything to me.”

It could happen. 

18 hours ago, buffynut said:

But someone would have had to have had Rolf's magical serum and administer it within a certain time frame.  With Rolf in prison, I REALLY hope we've seen the last of his potion - unless everyone in Salem now has a vial on hand.  Who would have snuck in and dosed Laura?  It just seems like such a waste to have the characters (and hopefully, at least some of the fans) be sad that a character is gone - some actors really do throw themselves into their grief storylines - only to have the "dead" person magically walk in two weeks later.  The ONLY thing they did right with the Ciara storyline was they had it ambiguous from the get-go if she was actually dead.  We didn't see a body.  

• Useful 1
On 2/14/2021 at 6:43 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Plus Rolf couldn't somehow bring back Stefan, Haley or Adrienne so he doesn't use this on everyone. He won't on Laura. If he does I'll be pleasantly surprised but also think this shouldn't be done to begin with.

Ron is just killing off legacy characters that he cannot write for and Laura Horton deserved better but Ron is just a hack and he is the reason that I no longer watch the show like I used to.. 

• Love 3

A legacy character disposed off by a terrible writer who is definitely set to take his well deserved position as one of the worst writers in this show's history. What makes this even more sickening is that Mike Horton didnt even show up and neither did Jeremy Horton . There was so much more they could have done with her considering her history with Kristen,Vivian ,Jack,Kate,Stefano etc. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4

How sad is it that they got rid of Laura just to prop up freaking Gwen, the latest long lost child. 

Bill/Mickey/Laura are regarded as the best love triangle in Days history and they even got mentioned on an episode of Sanford and Son . 

How nonsensical is it that Bill 's death was pretty much no fanfare and Carlivati didnt even make it a big deal and he did the same thing for Laura . 

Honestly ,this man has gots to go. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Since they (vaguely) brought it up again this week...what are the exact details we know about Laura's final moments in that room with Gwen?

They keep having Gwen's dialogue skip over anything specific. Did Gwen push her over..? Did Laura have a heart attack..?

What has been said? Has the story changed at all?

• Useful 1