Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Moving Day

(edited)
Moving Day

The Division helps tenants move; an investigation ensues.

I thought it was a good episode, really liked the Nick parts of the storyline with him trying to help the 2 kids. 

Chris went to rehab and now everyone knows he was an addict happened really fast. 

Edited by Artsda

I can buy that once Chris went to Oliver, he had no choice to but enroll in a program, and I can well believe that the gossip network in the Division is lightning-fast.

"The failed pales." Bwah! Nick is my favourite character. I hope Erin Karpluk (Cheese Puff Girl) sticks around; chances seem good that Nick will find her to pay her back.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oops...double post, so I'll edit with more thoughts.

Overall, this one was average. There were some okay parts. I'm hoping the kid storyline leads to something for Nick, which is odd because I haven't really wanted anything for Nick in the past, but he's one of the few characters that I'm finding interesting this season, which is also odd. 

It feels like Dov and Chris have a closer relationship than Dov and Chloe. This week I was sort of rooting for Wes. Maybe because they didn't make him as much of a jerk. That storyline can still go away.

Not enough Gail and no Holly. 

Edited by DropTheSoap
(edited)

I really liked the conversation in the car between Gail and Nick. I like Frosty's current level of self-awareness. ("I'm sorry -- I mean, usually I mean to be insensitive, but this time I didn't mean to... And my parents still hate you.")

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1
(edited)
I hope we see cheesypoof girl again.

Sure felt like that's what they were setting up.

Frosty's growing...kicking and screaming about it to an extent...but she's discovering a world outside herself.

It's like watching the Grinch's heart grow a few sizes. LOL.

Between Holly and the little girl whose mom was murdered, Gail does seem to be turning a corner in the self-improvement department.

It feels like Dov and Chris have a closer relationship than Dov and Chloe. This week I was sort of rooting for Wes. Maybe because they didn't make him as much of a jerk. That storyline can still go away.

Wes seemed to get a personality makeover for this episode. Maybe he was feeling less defensive or something. I like Dov and Chloe fine, but it can go either way for me depending on how their banter is written. It can get boring. I won't feel disappointed if they break up. Dov and Chris are the kind of bros who will be together forever. They'll each get married (not to each other) and have kids. But when they get old they'll totally sit on the porch together telling tall tales about their days as beat cops.

Edited by wagthedog
  • Love 1

I think Nick is looking good and being interesting because they haven't been focusing on his romantic angst and melodrama. It's been about friendship and work with him so far (except for the one moment this episode when The lady paid For his Food-- which I actually enjoyed). This show thinks relationships are more high tension than police work, and writes them over the top in almost every case.

I was surprised they didn't show us any scenes with Chris getting sent to/being in rehab, etc. Maybe next week.

Chloe went from her ex being terrible to being all weird and reluctant to divorce him. I had a relationship like that, where we were together for a long time, but things were definitely over, and as soon as we officially broke up, we both remembered why we loved being together so much before. But we still both knew we had to split. And I didn't act like she was a terrible person before we agreed to split, the way Chloe did about Wes. It really seems like a retcon. I also think lying about the kiss is stupid. She can just say they kissed good-bye, it was a nostalgic moment, and it's over. Unless they really are planning to set up a stupid triangle of regret and betrayal and YAWN.

The trafficking and abandoned kid stories were more interesting to me. I find it amusing in a weird way, how the show makes the most gruesomely terrible and sad things in the police work seem blandly routine, while the most minor interpersonal stuff between the couples is all ominous music and direly important.

Chris is in rehab, at least Dov told Chloe! Must be Chris talked to Oliver?

Gail couldn't at first care less about helping people move. Later she felt better about it, but no one was listening. Seems she is growing slowly.

Gail , Nick, Andy and Chloe are testing body cams. "Serve, Protect and keep it PG" says Oliver. Funny!

Thought the orange bike owner was kind of annoying. He thought everyone (Cops) were bad.

Found out Brandi and brother Josh were stealing bikes and selling them to pay the rent. Mom left a long time ago. Nick who we find out is a foster child, his parents killed by a drunk driver. Nick at first didn't want to press charges. Oliver let him hold off, and said, "See not just a pretty face!".lol.

Later he did press charges and they got to go together to a foster home that Nick went to. They had a nice dinner with Wendy Fetter, mother of the home. Here are 2 that could be future Officers, Rookie Blue!!

Wesley brought the divorce papers to Chloe, YES! In the squad car Chloe is signing her divorce papers and Andy telling her when they are about to hit a pot hole. But bad that when she met Wes for a signing and hot dog that after they sang," Wes, " I got my H O T!", Chloe, "I bought my D O G!" , Wes, "I love that streety Meat!" Chloe, So drop that meaty beat, Hey!" (Or close enough). Then he asks what happened to them? And she relied, "Marriage!" Then Wes kissed her. Later she remembers she had her cam on and gets into the computer and erases some of it. She should have told Dov!! Oliver liked earlier to watch those videos with Dov. He wanted the popcorn, it was cute. Chloe tried to close a book, a chapter, a door! ,lol

Gabriel Silva found beat up in the apartment of Barbara Coleman. I figured something was up with the Dr. Rita Paiva. After she interviewed brother Aldo Silva, then later Andy had her talk to him again, I thought something was up. Chloe to the rescue to read lips. Then we find out her and husband mobster/contractor Lucas Souza was using illegals to do contractor work. They had Julio Silva in the GMC van and had beat up Gabriel when he wanted his pass port back. Oliver: 'Nice work, Price!".

Also liked Nick Meeting Juliet Cheese Puff girl at the Bodega. Her covering his food.