Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Alright

• Start Topic

Aaron is offered an opportunity to be featured in a nationally televised interview; he struggles to keep his message targeted; Zoey navigates her feelings for Aaron while helping him devise a new strategy.

Promo:

Sneak peek:

Original air date: 2/4/21

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

#Rattailrevolution...  Lol..  As always Sky is a savage... That interview.. Was rough... Did like Javier and Aaron having that talk.. Which reminded me of me and all 2 of my conservative friends... We can't agree on damn bear anything cept smokes basketball and that we all love each other... You know watching Zoe make everything about her and at the same time spin out but do her best to help Aaron... Really shows she's Dreaming and Rainbows kid... More than any of the others.. Cept maybe Devante.. We dunno what he gonna turn into

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I liked that Aaron's 15 minutes of fame got derailed by his random babbling - not because I want to see him fail but because it's easy to think that you would kill it if you were just given a chance. The reality is that even if you go in with very clear talking points and you plan to stay focused on the topic at hand, it's easy to panic in the moment and go completely off the rails.

I thought it was a bit much for Aaron's girlfriend to ask Zoey to back off. I get that she wants to have the opportunity to get close to Aaron without his ex hanging around, but Aaron is the one who asked for Zoey's help and she did a great job at the last minute. Was she supposed to say no to his request? It's not like she's been butting into Aaron's relationship with his new girlfriend. She deliberately walked away after the interview because she felt it wasn't her place to be the one to comfort him. If anything, I think that Zoey was making a good effort to stay way over on the friend side of the line and not insert herself into Aaron's life too much in this episode.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I thought it was a bit much for Aaron's girlfriend to ask Zoey to back off.

Agreed.. Tho I think I could've handled it better of the GF admitted that the ask wasn't totally fair but she was feeling antsy... Or if she had also said she was gonna talk to Aaron about it.. Because in all honesty asking someone to step back means.. On some level you have some trust concerns with ur partner

• Love 1

I actually liked this episode. I saw some growing up in a number of our characters. 

And Javi is quickly becoming my favorite character. How old is he supposed to be, because he has shown more maturity than the others. He taught Aaron to "pick a lane"(activism-wise) and stick with it. And that business with Ana panicking and blurting out her history with Aaron- really?

Javi's response (and Aaron's too, I must admit), was patient and mature. Ana, if you're going to do grown-up things, please try to be a little more grown up about it.

Kudos to Jazz and Sky for not letting themselves be drawn in to Miss Documentary's desire to be CONTROVERSIAL at their expense. In the end, they all found a way to get their message across without "screaming"; and in the Twins' case, without losing their scholarships.

Lastly; I have to say I didn't have a problem with Aaron's girlfriend asking Zoe to back off a bit. She was respectful, acknowledged that this was a big ask, and wasn't forbidding the friendship altogether. She's just asking for a little space for her and Aaron's relationship to grow.  Maybe no late night phone calls for now. Things like that. You get the idea...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TVForever said:

Lastly; I have to say I didn't have a problem with Aaron's girlfriend asking Zoe to back off a bit. She was respectful, acknowledged that this was a big ask, and wasn't forbidding the friendship altogether. She's just asking for a little space for her and Aaron's relationship to grow.  Maybe no late night phone calls for now. Things like that. You get the idea...

I agree. I think it was the late night phone call about the Real Housewives because when Zoe called I was asking myself why is Zoe calling about this.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I agree. I think it was the late night phone call about the Real Housewives because when Zoe called I was asking myself why is Zoe calling about this.

She called because she thought doing a Livestrong type bracelet would be a good accessory for Aaron's protest/movement and she wanted to see if he approved. They only started talking about the Real Housewives because one of the wives has a bracelet she wears to draw attention to her daughter's illness. It's not like Zoey just called to talk about random tv shows (although I should point out that as a friend, she should also be allowed to call/text Aaron just to chat).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Poor Aaron, he finally gets his big activist moment in the spotlight, and he ends up tripping up right before he crossed the finish line. You just have to keep to your talking points during stuff like that, don't get off topic! At least he got to do a big protest at the end which looked like a win. 

The situation with Zoey and Aaron and his girlfriend is pretty awkward. I also keep waiting for Zoey to get back to school again, her just hanging around the school while not being a student is going to end up causing some problems, or just might end up kind of depressing if everyone is having these student experiences that she cant. 

Jazz and Sky are the best, as always. "I already unfollowed you." I also like Ana's new boyfriend Javi, he seems like a really mature and thoughtful guy. 

• Love 1

I might have missed the explanation, but what resources did Zoey have to be able to produce that many jumpsuits at the last minute like that?

Aaron's interview...yeesh, lol. I loved Angela Rye's expression when Aaron called her Angie-ange, or whatever it was.

• Love 2

The show is much better when they are actually tackling issues that might really occur on college campuses. I liked the prison jumpsuit idea, since it would be really embarrassing in anybody saw any of the students wearing one of those things.