Type keyword(s) to search

All The News for Ahsoka

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Dave Filoni Talks About 'Ahsoka' | Star Wars Celebration 2023 | Entertainment Weekly
Entertainment Weekly   May 4, 2023

Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau on 'Ahsoka,' 'Skeleton Crew' & More | Entertainment Weekly
Entertainment Weekly   May 4, 2023

• Like 1

Ahsoka Is ‘A Wanderer’ At The Start Of Her Series, Says Dave Filoni: ‘She Walks A Path That Died Out A Long Time Ago’ – Exclusive Image
By Ben Travis   June 3, 2023
https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/ahsoka-wanderer-dave-filoni-exclusive-image/ 

While the Ahsoka series arrives in the wake of Mando, it’s also picking up where she left off in animated form in Star Wars Rebels – reuniting her with fan-favourite characters like Sabine Wren and Hera Syndulla, themselves making the leap to live-action for the first time. And it’s with them that Ahsoka – played by Rosario Dawson – will find a new purpose. She may be handy with her pair of lightsabers, and a master of the Force, but after what happened to her former Order, Ahsoka doesn’t consider herself a Jedi. “She’s a wanderer at this point,” Filoni tells Empire, “and is in a lot of ways wary of any organisation as such because of the power that comes with it as a group.” But her wariness of institutions contributes to the loneliness of her journey. “She walks a path that basically died out a long time ago,” he explains. “And there aren’t many like her left, if any. So that’s a lonely thing. What is that life like? If you are a loner, you have a very small circle of friends. What is it like, then, when you try to open back up?”

ahsoka-tw.png 

• Like 3

I've come to realise that the show is focussing on the wrong people. One side has Titus Pullo, Amos Burton, and the Ukrainian with the fun crazy face. I don't see anyone equivalent on the other side. In fact, I tried watching Rebels. I made it maybe five episodes. I want to see the real heroes!

• Like 1
On 6/7/2023 at 7:13 AM, tv echo said:

Ahsoka Is ‘A Wanderer’ At The Start Of Her Series, Says Dave Filoni: ‘She Walks A Path That Died Out A Long Time Ago’ – Exclusive Image
By Ben Travis   June 3, 2023
https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/ahsoka-wanderer-dave-filoni-exclusive-image/ 

ahsoka-tw.png 

Sabine fighting with Ezra’s lightsaber makes me so happy. 

On 6/7/2023 at 3:47 PM, Anduin said:

I made it maybe five episodes. I want to see the real heroes!

The animated shows aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but Ezra, Sabine and Hera develop into really strong characters over the run of the show. I think they are going to be very well received in live action. Sabine and Ezra have a lot of the traits that people have been wanting to see with Din and Grogu. 

That picture of Ezra on the mural. Please, yes. 

Are they implying Sabine is force sensitive. She was wielding a green saber for a half second. At this point in the Star Wars universe with already having the white sabers, I'm not buying anyone can last more than 30 seconds against Ahsoka one on one. 

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Are they implying Sabine is force sensitive. She was wielding a green saber for a half second.

No. Kanan trained her to fight with the dark saber and said that she isn’t force sensitive. It looks like the one she has in the trailer is Ezra’s. He left it behind at the end of Rebels. She fought with it during the Mandalore arc. 

(edited)

That's a huge break in tradition training a non Force with a saber. Sabine was fighting the baby Sith. If she can't use the Force, she's at a big disadvantage in a duel. 

Of course, they might just retcon it because Ahsoka is way stronger than Kanan was. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
53 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

That's a huge break in tradition training a non Force with a saber.

Most things involving Kanan are a break in Jedi tradition. It’s one of the things I like best about his character. 

57 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Of course, they might just retcon it because Ahsoka is way stronger than Kanan was. 

I doubt that it will be retconned and I really hope it won’t be. The way Sabine was written in Rebels was more interesting than just having her be force sensitive. 

The Mandalorian had several non-Force sensitive folks wielding the Darksaber (as did Sabine in Rebels) so I guess this is a thing now. I'm more intrigued by the implied conflict between Ahsoka and Sabine. At the end of Rebels it looked as if they were in a good place but apparently that scene was more ambiguous than it seemed.

I'm certainly not complaining. I'm hoping the show is doubling down on the not-Jedi, not-Sith. Clearly, we see the red sabres in the trailer, so we know they're the bad guys, but that doesn't necessarily mean they think of themselves as Sith. 

I was saying, if Sabine is sabre dueling a force user, she's at a tactical disadvantage because her opponent can jump all over the place and use Force Push. Whether Sabine is better with the blade isn't really a factor. 

I also hope there's flashbacks of Ahsoka and Ventress being bounty hunters and having cutting badinage which only happened in my head. 

Clearly, we see the red sabres in the trailer, so we know they're the bad guys, but that doesn't necessarily mean they think of themselves as Sith. 

They look orange to me. 

42 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Well, they're not the good guys if Sabine is fighting one of them. 

Since they have orange sabers I’m hoping that it is be less black and white than that. The trailer has a lot of known or potential villains. 

Sorry - above Acolyte video was mistakenly posted here and I can no longer edit it.

Rosario Dawson's Journey From "Hyped Fangirl" to Lightsaber-Wielding Warrior | Entertainment Weekly
Entertainment Weekly   Aug 3, 2023

Edited by tv echo

Wasn't Yoda talking about the Sith when he said 'always two there are?' That's kind of out of context. 

Secondly, if they're saying 'always master and apprentice,' it seems strongly implied that Sabine is the apprentice and Force sensitive. I still don't know why you'd train a non Force user with a sabre to fight Force users. 

• Like 2

Wasn't Yoda talking about the Sith when he said 'always two there are?' That's kind of out of context. 

Yes. 

Secondly, if they're saying 'always master and apprentice,' it seems strongly implied that Sabine is the apprentice and Force sensitive. I still don't know why you'd train a non Force user with a sabre to fight Force users. 

I’m not reading too much into it. I would be surprised if the people who put that promo together knew anything about the plot. 

Ahsoka Moves Up Premiere Date, Episodes Will Now Release at Night (!) Each Week
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   AUGUST 18, 2023 
https://tvline.com/news/ahsoka-new-release-date-tuesday-nights-star-wars-series-1235030232/ 

The Rosario Dawson-led offshoot of The Mandalorian — which was previously earmarked for an Aug. 23 release — will now release its first two episodes on Tuesday, Aug. 22 at 9/8c.

Following that double-episode debut, the eight-episode Season 1 will release new episodes weekly, every Tuesday evening at 9 pm ET. 

Remember Her Name | Ahsoka | Disney+
Star Wars   Aug 20, 2023

Everything New You Can Stream on Disney+ in September 2023
By Emily Hewitt    AUGUST 16, 2023
https://d23.com/everything-new-you-can-stream-on-disney-in-september-2023/ 

Friday, September 15
Lang Lang Plays Disney (Premiere)
Master & Apprentice: A Special Look at Ahsoka (Premiere)

Edited by tv echo

Rebel Crew Featurette | Ahsoka | Disney+
Star Wars   Aug 22, 2023

Hera and Chopper | Ahsoka | Disney+
Star Wars   Aug 22, 2023

Episodes 1 & 2 Now Streaming | Ahsoka | Disney+
Star Wars   Aug 23, 2023

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Good Wife Spinoff, Daryl Dixon, Dark Winds, Ahsoka, grown-ish, Echo and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH  AUGUST 22, 2023
https://tvline.com/lists/the-good-wife-spinoff-spoilers-elsbeth-matt-czuchry-cary/daryl-dixon-spinoff/ 

When is Ezra Bridger coming back to TV? He would be a great Jedi addition to the Star Wars saga. –Jose

Spoiler

Ezra, who on Star Wars Rebels was voiced by Taylor Gray, turns up in the flesh — sorta, meaning as a very meaningful hologram that he once recorded for Sabine — in an early episode of Disney+’s Ahsoka series. But as played by Eman Esfandi, Ezra remains very much missing, so there’s no telling when or if he’ll truly show up in person.

Edited by tv echo

This article annoys me. It's good and all, it's just the content. Once again, the NR avoids a fight. What's the bloody point if it doesn't defend itself? Just once, I'd like to see the government react to a looming threat. Take action. Wouldn't it be cool to see the whole fleet leap into action? We saw some of that in ROTJ, R1, and TROS, but I want it again. maybe Filoni is saving that for the finale.

• Like 1

The article content annoyed me because I think this cyclical 'Republic fails from within' is just lazy and not ambitious. I know the shows have to fit into the movies, so my blame is on the movies. 

I can buy the Old Republic (from the prequels) failing. Ok. You all missed the Sith coming back because they hadn't been around for a while. However, the Empire barely lasted a generation. It's not like there aren't Old Republic politicians who can provide institutional knowledge on how to govern. I said in the E1/E2 episode thread that it's kind of ridiculous that a hyperdrive factory has Empire loyalists that they'd try to do I don't know what by shooting Hera and Ahsoka. 

I tend to think it more like the break up of the USSR. There were just a bunch of warlords for a while. It didn't really destabilize the world order, but it wasn't smooth either. 

We know there's been extended periods of peace because the High Republic era is canon. 

Right now, you have a newly installed government without jedi for the first time in a long time. Maybe it would be more interesting if Mon Mothma realized that a centralized galactic government probably isn't going to work. What would a galactic constitutional convention look like? You still have plenty of drama. Maybe they form a confederation or a European union type of government. You could still have the pacifist guy that didn't want them to go after Thrawn. You still have some Empire remnants to put down. 

It's kind of cynical and plodding to me. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 2

The USSR breakup? That's an interesting idea. But how much internal squabbling has there been from the former Imperial planets? Who would the Putin equivalent be? Or maybe I'm overthinking it. :)

To an extent, I think it's JJ's fault. He wanted a reset, wanted to do the OT again, which requires the same dynamic. Now everyone creating stories set after the OT has to work to set that up. While I'll never be a big fan of the prequel era, at least it gave us something different.

1 hour ago, Anduin said:

The USSR breakup? That's an interesting idea. But how much internal squabbling has there been from the former Imperial planets? Who would the Putin equivalent be? Or maybe I'm overthinking it. :)

To an extent, I think it's JJ's fault. He wanted a reset, wanted to do the OT again, which requires the same dynamic. Now everyone creating stories set after the OT has to work to set that up. While I'll never be a big fan of the prequel era, at least it gave us something different.

I put my reply in the other thread since I'm ranging out a little past just the show, but that article was a jumping off point. 

• Like 1