Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Heart of Darkness

• Start Topic

FUCK YOU Tariq!!!!!!!!!!! His plot armor is so thick. It's sickening! 

Tariq: "I am the Bad Spot". The show is trying to grab a Walter White vibe and it's not working.

Jabari deserves a special FUCK YOU too. He told Tariq everything he knew and expected to be alive (just for a book)!!!!!!!!! Also, for fawning over Tariq by telling him he "fascinates him" or he's "clever". Ugh!

All that time Tariq was talking to Cane, Jabari could have called for an ambulance or crawled to the hospital.

Good job Detective Santana for allowing Jabari and Carrie handle YOUR investigation! Now Jabari is dead. You should be fired! If Santana was smart/can redeem himself and put everything together (just check Jabari's search on his computer and remember Tariq left his office not happy), Tariq should be arrested in the first episode of season 2.

This show made Tommy look so stupid (except when he visited Cash). First Tommy should have handled Tariq for killing Ghost last season. Then he returns to NYC (in his easily identified Mustang) and shoots randomly at the bar in broad day light (not Tommy's style). If he wanted Tasha dead, he would have snuck up on her and made sure the job was done. Then Tommy took advice and outwitted from Tariq???!!! And lastly, Tommy got embarrassed by Monet! Terrible on many levels!!!!!!

Two shootings at Monet's bar in 24 hours??? The NYPD should be all up in Monet's business right now. Even if Ramirez was alive he wouldn't be able to help her now.

My goodness! The FBI was so incompetent. Tommy and Tariq didn't bother leave a fake body in the car. They only left a few molars behind and the FBI are done with their search?????!!!!!!!!!! WTH!!!!!!!!

Seems anyone from the DC area that travels to NYC will end up dead. Kanaan's cousin the cop, the hit man (played by Cedric the Entertainer), and now the greatest of all time Mr. Rico.

Last week, Rico traveled with 6 - 8 people, this week this fool is going to meet Monet (the next day) with one other and didn't consider she was going to retaliate. Nope! This asshole decides to fill his belly, just have his man wait by the front, get a sniff on Monet and not give her a thorough pat down. They deserved what they got!

Did Monet aim for the side of Rico's neck? Monet got 3 shots on Rico, so what was his man doing during that time? He was killed way after the 3rd shot.

Now Monet killing Rico has to put more strain on her and Alonzo.

Where in NYC is Cane burying Ramirez? Looked like he was in some woods in Alabama. Of course! Cane can't keep his mouth closed and revealed what he did to Dru and Monet.

I was hoping Lauren tightened Tariq's tie to strangle him! Lauren can't find a better man on campus!

What "heat" is on campus Tariq?????  Stansfield had a GTG member murdered on campus and now a teacher. School should be closed!

Why was Riley in the courtroom? She got exposed. Move on!!

I knew Tariq wasn't going to confess to killing Ghost in court. He kills Jabari but why is he OK with Tameka and Monet knowing the truth?

I like the way Davis perked up in his chair with that grin when he sensed Saxe was about to get busted!

Who is Ott to burst in the judge's chambers and start calling shots!

Who is left Tommy's organization to expose? They are all dead and 2 Bit has immunity.

Monet changed her business organization because of Tariq??? Unreal!

At least Saxe was shown to be with a woman and not a "Real Doll". Small victory for his character.

The actor playing Zeke put on the most atrocious acting when he was talking to Tariq in the dorm room. Looked like he was pouting like a 3rd grader.

Cane builds up all this hatred for Tariq, Tariq easily talks him out of shooting him and Cane hands him the gun (Tariq could have shot him). Cane! Please go to the dunce corner!

I guess all is good now with Tariq and Cane?? Next season, Tariq will surely convince Monet to bring Cane back in the family. My only hope is Alonzo is released from prison and decides he doesn't need Tariq.

Is this the end for Tasha on the show?

What's with the prison guard and Tasha? All season, I was expecting to see something happen between them but nothing. Maybe the deleted scenes are being saved for "Power - Book 69 - The Tasha Prison Tales".

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Tariq: "I am the Bad Spot". The show is trying to grab a Walter White vibe and it's not working.

Jabari deserves a special FUCK YOU too. He told Tariq everything he knew and expected to be alive (just for a book)!!!!!!!!! Also, for fawning over Tariq by telling him he "fascinates him" or he's "clever". Ugh!

All that time Tariq was talking to Cane, Jabari could have called for an ambulance or crawled to the hospital.

LMAO!

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

This show made Tommy look so stupid (except when he visited Cash). First Tommy should have handled Tariq for killing Ghost last season. Then he returns to NYC (in his easily identified Mustang) and shoots randomly at the bar in broad day light (not Tommy's style). If he wanted Tasha dead, he would have snuck up on her and made sure the job was done. Then Tommy took advice and outwitted from Tariq???!!! And lastly, Tommy got embarrassed by Monet! Terrible on many levels!!!!!!

Well... I think that's Tommy's style only because Tommy is reckless. Tommy mowed down with their car in broad daylight.

Also, the interaction between Tommy and Monet was kind of awkward to me. That just confirms for me that Monet and Lorenzo were small time distros, or at least smaller than Ghost and Tommy. What I thought they did well about that scene is having Tommy say "who has the balls to pull a gun on me" or something to that effect implying that if they're in the drug game, they should know who he is. Despite them trying to create the "aura" of big time well connected drug dealer around the Tejadas in the beginning, they slowly chipped away at that as the season progressed.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

My goodness! The FBI was so incompetent. Tommy and Tariq didn't bother leave a fake body in the car. They only left a few molars behind and the FBI are done with their search?????!!!!!!!!!! WTH!!!!!!!!

I could have done without this an the car chase. I thought it was so lame.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Where in NYC is Cane burying Ramirez? Looked like he was in some woods in Alabama. Of course! Cane can't keep his mouth closed and revealed what he did to Dru and Monet.

I thought he may have traveled outside the city for that. It does give a bayou or swamp kinda vibe.

The phone started ringing as he disposed of the body. I'm no expert on telecommunications but I thought they could ping the phone's last location and therefore should hide the body somewhere else after tossing the phone and sim card.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I'm not a fan of this character. I don't understand why they gave this character so much pull to where he can be the puppetmaster behind the entire legal drama with Tasha.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Monet changed her business organization because of Tariq??? Unreal!

It seems that they got rid of their primeras, which it only seems like they had one. Then they disowned Cane, and Cane took all the corner boys. I imagine that being out of necessity.

3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Is this the end for Tasha on the show?

This seems like her exit.

• Love 1

5 minutes into the episode “is this how the professors dress at school now?? With the side of their dress cut out like they are going dancing?????”- my Mom (my tv buddy during this pandemic) regarding Carrie’s dress. 

• LOL 2

Yeah, I thought Riley being in court was stupid. Unless she was looking at the trial trying to find out more about Tariq to get back in Brayden good Graces. Also agree about no actual corpse after Tommy's 'accident'.  

I don't think Tasha is 100% out of the show.  She may be featured less, but she'll be included. 

Steven Ott has big brass balls kicking the judge out.  However if she's a Democrat holding an elected position she doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds her

But I'll still look forward to seeing season 2.  And any episode with Tommy Egan is a plus

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Kirkydee said:

I don't think Tasha is 100% out of the show.  She may be featured less, but she'll be included. 

I like Nautri Naughton- I want her to have work! She just got engaged. 

11 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The actor was very good because he looked SO PATHETIC at that time!

Thanks for being here with me guys!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Well... I think that's Tommy's style only because Tommy is reckless. Tommy mowed down with their car in broad daylight.

Also, the interaction between Tommy and Monet was kind of awkward to me. That just confirms for me that Monet and Lorenzo were small time distros, or at least smaller than Ghost and Tommy. What I thought they did well about that scene is having Tommy say "who has the balls to pull a gun on me" or something to that effect implying that if they're in the drug game, they should know who he is. Despite them trying to create the "aura" of big time well connected drug dealer around the Tejadas in the beginning, they slowly chipped away at that as the season progressed.

The only broad daylight from Tommy (I remember) was Spanky with a single shot on the side walk.  All his other kills weren't reckless (except for Proctor when he lit up Ghost's apartment). Tommy always had his target in sight. Him shooting at the bar without Tasha in sight made no sense.

I agree about the Tejadas. I don't think the writers thought them out well with respect to the other competition in NYC.

8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I'm not a fan of this character. I don't understand why they gave this character so much pull to where he can be the puppetmaster behind the entire legal drama with Tasha.

I hope we don't see him anymore. Waste of screen time.

1 hour ago, Kirkydee said:

8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

This seems like her exit.

As much as I don't like Tariq, it wouldn't feel right if he has no contact with his mom. No way I'm buying Monet will take Tasha's place next season. Just seems too fast their relationship reaches that level.

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

The actor was very good because he looked SO PATHETIC at that time!

Up to his last breath, he was thinking about finishing chapters 10 and 11.

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

👍

• Love 3

If Tariq had gone to witness protection or ran away, he would have forfeited the inheritance. There was never no mention of this from him to Tasha. It seems he was more concerned about selling on campus.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

The only broad daylight from Tommy (I remember) was Spanky with a single shot on the side walk.  All his other kills weren't reckless (except for Proctor when he lit up Ghost's apartment). Tommy always had his target in sight. Him shooting at the bar without Tasha in sight made no sense.

There was a guy who was in his car lighting up a blunt, I believe, and Tommy rolled up on him with a gun to his face... and eventually ran the guy over with his own car... in broad daylight.

The guy said something like “get off my fucking leg” and Tommy said something like “not until you say please.”

I wanna say that Tommy backed up and ran the guy over again. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

There was a guy who was in his car lighting up a blunt, I believe, and Tommy rolled up on him with a gun to his face... and eventually ran the guy over with his own car... in broad daylight.

The guy said something like “get off my fucking leg” and Tommy said something like “not until you say please.”

I wanna say that Tommy backed up and ran the guy over again. 

I remember now. He was reckless. 

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

If Tariq had gone to witness protection or ran away, he would have forfeited the inheritance. There was never no mention of this from him to Tasha. It seems he was more concerned about selling on campus.

I don’t think so- he could’ve finished a four year degree under the assumed name and the feds would’ve transferred the money to his new identity. When you go into WITSEC you do get to keep your LEGAL money and education credentials. 

Running away yes, unless they let the lawyer know where they were. Which wouldn’t really be a great cover. 

Oh, thank God this season is finally over. It's sad when the best part of the entire season is when Tommy shows up on screen for 10 minutes. 

Glad that Monet took out Rico, because otherwise, she couldn't call herself the boss of nothing. And why is Cane so dumb? You'd think that after the dad got caught, the entire family would have tightened up on everything. 

Speaking of stupid....Why is Saxe never prepared for any of his dirt to come out? He doesn't even try to cover any of that shit up or to tie up loose ends. And lol at his boss saying he got outsmarted by 

tenor.gif?itemid=15540056

But I'm so here for an official Davis-Saxe partnership. That's a spinoff I would watch.

Why am I not surprised that after 5 seconds out of jail, Tasha's already making dumb ass decisions.

Speaking of dumb decisions...Jabari [sigh!]. I don't even feel bad for him. All this "investigating" he's been doing on Tariq and he thought the best thing was to tell Tariq he knew about his drug business? And then to meet him in the middle of the night?

The one thing Tariq was right about is that Tommy always holding on to grudges like a motherfucker.  Monet better watch out.

200.gif

And before I forget: Ghosts never die.

Bop.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

5 minutes into the episode “is this how the professors dress at school now?? With the side of their dress cut out like they are going dancing?????”- my Mom (my tv buddy during this pandemic) regarding Carrie’s dress. 

I said the same thing!!! 

23 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Say it again. 

23 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Good job Detective Santana for allowing Jabari and Carrie handle YOUR investigation! Now Jabari is dead. You should be fired! If Santana was smart/can redeem himself and put everything together (just check Jabari's search on his computer and remember Tariq left his office not happy), Tariq should be arrested in the first episode of season 2.

I really hope these writers don't take themselves and this show seriously. You have 2 professors conducting interviews for a police matter?

I thought Tasha and Saxe were dead when they were in the car together. Thought Tommy's Cancel Christmas bomb was about to go off LOL

I got distracted during the Tariq/Tommy/Monet scene. Why didn't they kill Tommy since he said he was still going after Tasha?

And Tommy is still crazy lol

I like the idea of Saxe working for Davis. I do find them hilarious. And don't get me started on the entire Tariq testimony and the in the Judge's chambers scene. Talk about eye rolling. 

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Speaking of stupid....Why is Saxe never prepared for any of his dirt to come out? He doesn't even try to cover any of that shit up or to tie up loose ends. And lol at his boss saying he got outsmarted by 

tenor.gif?itemid=15540056

But I'm so here for an official Davis-Saxe partnership. That's a spinoff I would watch.

(bolding mine)....Maybe the character thinks he is protected by white privilege? Oh Saxe. Saxe, Saxe, Saxe. Although did anyone else notice that the actor got BUFF AF for his sex scene???? I mean he was a lean man before, but he was NOT cut like that last season?

11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

You're welcome 😉

And thank you. Despite my constant complaining about the horrible acting by certain folks, it's still fun being here.

OK Tariq said he killed his best friend. Who was he talking about? I thought Brayden was his best friend.

35 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

I really hope these writers don't take themselves and this show seriously. You have 2 professors conducting interviews for a police matter?

Guess you've never seen the little segments at the end of each episode where the show creator/lead writer/showrunner gives us a behind the scenes/analysis of the episode. They totally take this shit seriously.  She swears they are writing brilliant shit and that they're being oh so deep with their metaphors and "linking" the stories back to whatever literature the class is covering. Lady please, you're not being a creative genius by having the characters read Frankenstein and then have one of the characters question if he's "a monster". 

28 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

OK Tariq said he killed his best friend. Who was he talking about? I thought Brayden was his best friend.

19 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I was assuming he meant Kanan. Bryden is still alive.

He definitely meant Kanan.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

(bolding mine)....Maybe the character thinks he is protected by white privilege? Oh Saxe. Saxe, Saxe, Saxe. Although did anyone else notice that the actor got BUFF AF for his sex scene???? I mean he was a lean man before, but he was NOT cut like that last season?

I don't even think it's that. The writers don't have the talent or don't want to make the effort to avoid dumbing down a character to make their plot work. 

As for this specific instance, how did Tariq know Saxe had Riley drug him? Did I miss it or is Tariq assuming? Also I didn't understand why Saxe didn't just deny it. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, GodsBeloved said:

As for this specific instance, how did Tariq know Saxe had Riley drug him? Did I miss it or is Tariq assuming? Also I didn't understand why Saxe didn't just deny it. 

I think Brayden's brother told Tariq Riley was in the room with him, then Tariq found out Riley was related to Saxe when he followed her to her court hearing and he pieced the rest. 

For a moment I thought they were going to call Riley to the stand to confess.

19 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Guess you've never seen the little segments at the end of each episode where the show creator/lead writer/showrunner gives us a behind the scenes/analysis of the episode. They totally take this shit seriously.  She swears they are writing brilliant shit and that they're being oh so deep with their metaphors and "linking" the stories back to whatever literature the class is covering. Lady please, you're not being a creative genius by having the characters read Frankenstein and then have one of the characters question if he's "a monster". 

I agree. She is totally full of herself with the show's writing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I purposely avoid watching those 😂. I use to watch them when the show started but gradually stopped and now with Book II, no way no how LOL 

If I did watch them now I'd be like 

oh-my-sweet-summer-child-game-of-thrones

• LOL 2
57 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

I think Brayden's brother told Tariq Riley was in the room with him, then Tariq found out Riley was related to Saxe when he followed her to her court hearing and he pieced the rest. 

For a moment I thought they were going to call Riley to the stand to confess.

So did I.

6 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

+1

The Davis-Saxe storyline was the best part of the entire season.  With all the zillion Power spinoffs this is the one we need (well, okay I'll also take a show with Elisa Marie Proctor as a 21st century assassin ala The Professional) this is the show we need.  Hell.  Take it out of the Power universe and just make it a fun show with two funny sleazy lawyers who will do anything to win.

As for what will happen next season.  Since the theme is Tariq reliving his father's life the next step is him screwing everyone as he plots to get out of the game.  Which means Monet and Cane should be very careful.  The Ghost thing to do is to try to eliminate the Tejada family and give the "connect" job to 2-Bit so he can "go legit" with of course everything not going as intended and everything being made worse.

1 hour ago, Taget said:

+1

The Davis-Saxe storyline was the best part of the entire season.  With all the zillion Power spinoffs this is the one we need (well, okay I'll also take a show with Elisa Marie Proctor as a 21st century assassin ala The Professional) this is the show we need.  Hell.  Take it out of the Power universe and just make it a fun show with two funny sleazy lawyers who will do anything to win.

Ghost and Tommy Who? Saxe/Davis is the real romance of the Power universe LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The more that I think about this, because honestly I try to use my brain as little as possible when watching this show, Monet is being really dumb with regards to Tariq. She's entrusting the entire future of her organization in the hands of someone she doesn't really know at all, who shoehorned his way into their lives to force them to give him product. Now granted, the study guide app is an ingenious way to sell and move the drugs, but again, she knows nothing about Tariq and he's consistently made it clear that he will choose his family over hers.  It's shocking to me that after learning that his mom is on trial for being a drug "queenpin", that they wouldn't use their Tejada connections to find out the real tea about that, especially because they are in the drug game too. And I don't remember what part of NYC Ghost and Tommy's operation ran out of, but wherever it was, Queens aint that far away for the 2 organizations to at least be aware of each other (but this part I blame on shitty world building). 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

The more that I think about this, because honestly I try to use my brain as little as possible when watching this show, Monet is being really dumb with regards to Tariq. She's entrusting the entire future of her organization in the hands of someone she doesn't really know at all, who shoehorned his way into their lives to force them to give him product. Now granted, the study guide app is an ingenious way to sell and move the drugs, but again, she knows nothing about Tariq and he's consistently made it clear that he will choose his family over hers.  It's shocking to me that after learning that his mom is on trial for being a drug "queenpin", that they wouldn't use their Tejada connections to find out the real tea about that, especially because they are in the drug game too. And I don't remember what part of NYC Ghost and Tommy's operation ran out of, but wherever it was, Queens aint that far away for the 2 organizations to at least be aware of each other (but this part I blame on shitty world building). 

Exactly! The writers didn’t think the whole “Tejada powerful drug family” concept all the way through.

Where did Monet hide that gun, in her hair?

Lol, the face Tameika made at Saxe when he was trying to question Tariq on the stand. Karma, baby.

Tasha, Tasha, Tasha. Of course Tariq was not giving up his fabulous life of crime to go on the lam with you.

You never make the right choices, Cane!

Who was that woman whose guts Saxe was all up in? For a second I thought it looked like his niece Riley without one of her colorful wigs. 😳

Yes Cane, you are that stupid if you got worked by Tariq. Cane must have gotten dropped on his head a few times when he was a baby.

Idiot Jabari got done in by his own hubris and naivete. He didn't know how much Tariq didn't need to be bothered with him. However, I wonder if Tariq wouldn't have killed him if Cane hadn't shown up.

Davis and Saxe, bros again! All they need is Tameika and they can be the three musketeers of criminal defense in NYC.

Bye, Tasha. Now both your kids will grow up without you. Good job, hon.

Monet pulling up on Tommy. Meh, I didn't like that. But at least Monet now knows Tariq is Ghost's son. She just doesn't seem to know what a big deal Ghost was apparently.

Yeah, I still don't get why they had the DNC basically adjudicating a local case. It was a goofy kind of deus ex machina.

Lady please, you're not being a creative genius by having the characters read Frankenstein and then have one of the characters question if he's "a monster". 

I rolled my eyes so hard when I saw this episode's title. I'm surprised they didn't work in a hip-hop version of Ride of the Valkyries just to be even more on-the-nose. So much effort this season to make that little punk Tariq seem smart.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Who was that woman whose guts Saxe was all up in? For a second I thought it looked like his niece Riley without one of her colorful wigs. 😳

If you remember the prosecutor from the DA's office in the beginning? ... and then Tasha's case got switched from from the local DA's office to the US attorney's office with Saxe (I think because of Steven Ott, IIRC)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Monet pulling up on Tommy. Meh, I didn't like that. But at least Monet now knows Tariq is Ghost's son. She just doesn't seem to know what a big deal Ghost was apparently.

The creators didn't do that great of a job thinking out their Power universe. Distros competing in the same market with (I assume) the same drugs and somehow they've never heard of each other.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Davis and Saxe, bros again! All they need is Tameika and they can be the three musketeers of criminal defense in NYC.

I am so here for this. Sign me up! So many better options for quality, entertaining stories that don't rely on Tariq as the lead. Can this just let us do the treatments for all the potential sequels moving forward?

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 2

When Tommy's show arrives, I wouldn't be surprised to see him find Tasha and get revenge for Keisha or have a conversation. Having Tommy visit Cash and him mentioning Tasha killed Keisha to Tariq in the cemetery makes me think the show will resolve this storyline.

Edited by mxc90
On 1/9/2021 at 10:51 PM, mxc90 said:

When Tommy's show arrives, I wouldn't be surprised to see him find Tasha and get revenge for Keisha or have a conversation. Having Tommy visit Cash and him mentioning Tasha killed Keisha to Tariq in the cemetery makes me think the show will resolve this storyline.

In the series finale of Power, we do have Tasha and Tommy having a conversation, where Tasha accepts that Tommy may kill her for Keisha's death but asks him to look out for Yaz. In thanks for their years of family and thinking of little Yaz, Tommy tells Tasha that he is letting this last thing go, but they are not family any more.

Naturi may guest star on Tommy's series, but she has a staring role on a new musical drama Queens. Of all of the spin offs, I think Tommy's and Book 5 (about Gov Tate's rise) should be the most interesting.

• Useful 1
On 3/29/2021 at 5:11 PM, Scarlett45 said:

In the series finale of Power, we do have Tasha and Tommy having a conversation, where Tasha accepts that Tommy may kill her for Keisha's death but asks him to look out for Yaz. In thanks for their years of family and thinking of little Yaz, Tommy tells Tasha that he is letting this last thing go, but they are not family any more.

Naturi may guest star on Tommy's series, but she has a staring role on a new musical drama Queens. Of all of the spin offs, I think Tommy's and Book 5 (about Gov Tate's rise) should be the most interesting.

Thanks.

The more I think about it, having Tasha show up in one episode just to be killed doesn't seem right. Maybe it should have been done last season when there was some momentum.

I hope Yaz is far away from him.

I am looking forward to Tommy's series ( I guess he'll have a new name. He is supposed to be dead).

Not really excited for the books on Tate and Kaanan.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

I hope Yaz is far away from him.

I am looking forward to Tommy's series ( I guess he'll have a new name. He is supposed to be dead).

Not really excited for the books on Tate and Kaanan.

Tommy wouldn’t hurt Yaz, and he’s left town so I’m sure he knows the girl is with her grandmother.

In this episode Yaz is being cared for by her grandmother, Tasha wanted her to lead a “regular” life. Tasha likely gave her Mom guardianship and Ghost did leave Yaz a portion of his estate which can go towards her care until she is of age. 

I don’t anticipate seeing the character of Yaz again, we may see the Grandmother if we need a scene of Tariq needing a “break” from the drug life, and going to his grandmother’s home for dinner or something.