Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E11: George Clooney, Michael Sheen, David Tennant, Viola Davis, Vanessa Kirby, Michael Ball, Alfie Boe

• Start Topic

Joining Graham tonight: Hollywood superstar George Clooney, in new sci-fi film The Midnight Sky; Michael Sheen and David Tennant, playing bickering, locked-down actors in the second series of Staged; Oscar winner Viola Davis, in American drama Ma Rainey's Black Bottom; Vanessa Kirby (The Crown, Mission Impossible), starring in the searing domestic drama Pieces of a Woman; and Michael Ball and Alfie Boe, who perform Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.

• Love 1

I was really impressed by George Clooney's compliments to all the other guests at the start of his interview. He was introduced as this larger than life Hollywood star joining an all British group and started by saying how much he was impressed to be joining such a talented group. While Michael Sheen and David Tennant are well known internationally, he made sure to do it for the less known Vanessa Kirby and even mentioned Daisy May Cooper appearance in Copperfield. This was really nice and he clearly made the effort to check on the other guests before hand.

• Love 6
On 12/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, Quof said:

George is a charmer, and it always seems genuine, not affected.  And he gets more handsome with each passing year.   

I don't know...eleven was pretty bad for him, but I'm not sure the 20s mullet was much better.  After that, though, things have improved.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:42 AM, meira.hand said:

and even mentioned Daisy May Cooper appearance in Copperfield. This was really nice and he clearly made the effort to check on the other guests before hand.

And this being Graham Norton, there was confident speculation that he'd just googled Daisy May Cooper.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

that he'd just googled Daisy May Cooper.

Well, it beats perennial forum favourite Miriam Margolyes (whom I hate), who openly says to other guests "I don't have a fucking clue who you are, and I couldn't be arsed to find out."

• Love 9
On 12/26/2020 at 3:30 PM, Quof said:

Well, it beats perennial forum favourite Miriam Margolyes (whom I hate)

I cannot stand her, but everyone on the show seems to think she is just awesome.  I actively change the channel or ff whenever she speaks.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:35 PM, Crs97 said:

I cannot stand her, but everyone on the show seems to think she is just awesome.  I actively change the channel or ff whenever she speaks.

Fair enough. She can be vulgar and not everyone likes that.