Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Deconflict

Airing on December 8, 2020:

After witnessing her husband’s murder, a woman is kidnapped from her home along with a mysterious stash of money hidden in her floor. When Jess realizes there may be a connection to one of his past cases, the need to find the kidnapper becomes personal.

The cheating couple were arguing so loud and long they couldn't hear Hewitt trashing the room right next to them?

Tell me more about Len? And the first thing the secretary says "On Tuesday he told me he loved me". Probably shouldn't be tops on things to say.

Did the guy that called in the tip forget to mention Hewitt was carrying a scared woman tied up through the hotel?

Was there any other reason besides poor internet service to have the screen freeze?

The hotel scene was so ridiculous. Crosby avoided bullets and was tased by Jackie the bounty hunter (why wasn't she arrested for that). In 2 seconds, Crosby makes a miraculous recovery. Then a security guard and US Marshals shows up and starts shooting. Jess says "Stop" and all guns/taser goes down. Next Hewitt and Avery disappears (that's a magic trick Tali should learn) and everyone is standing around looking stupid.

So Hewitt is mad at Jess because he/Avery were forced to go to the back door where he shot the cop. Then Hewitt spent all these years studying Jess' life (how would he know Jess' name)? Seems odd. Why wasn't Jess' training agent on Hewitt's list?

Hewitt spared Jackie's life at the house  just for her to tell Jess: Sorry about your wife?! He could have killed her and left a post it with the message on the front door.

Hewitt really had nothing to lose. He couldn't choose a more inconspicuous car instead of a lime green Mercedes. 

Hewitt is supposed to be this master criminal, he leaves the keys in the car.

Too bad Hewitt was handcuffed. He could have made horns with his fingers and charge Jess like a bull.

Was that the first time a show took a crack at the Sopranos' ending?

Is a "Semicolon" tattoo really cool?

Not sure what was more surprising: Jess letting the girl keep the money or the girl telling Jess she had the money.

With Jess' job he is missing Tali growing up. Something has to change.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

I didn’t really care for this episode - too much personal stuff with LaCroix, and the case was rather dull IMO. Hewitt didn’t seem all that smart to be someone who evaded capture all those years. And his focus on Lacroix seemed really forced. I also didn’t care for the bounty hunter, and I hope this is the end of Lacroix’s father being on the show, but I’m certain it won’t be. I did like seeing Isobel make a crossover appearance. 

Clinton got almost nothing to do, neither did Crosby or Hana for that matter. 

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I also didn’t care for the bounty hunter

That was Amy Carlson (Blue Bloods, Mrs Danny Reagan) and I thought she looked horrible. Don't know if it was how she was made up or if she really went downhill.

• Love 2

I guess I am the only one who really liked the bounty Hunter.   The team has been working in a bubble and I like the idea of them chasing the same person as someone just out for the cash value.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
On 12/9/2020 at 3:30 PM, Chaos Theory said:

I guess I am the only one who really liked the bounty Hunter.   The team has been working in a bubble and I like the idea of them chasing the same person as someone just out for the cash value.    

I liked the idea of having the team deal with a bounty hunter, but the execution just felt off. But maybe I just didn’t like the episode, because it was too personal and the villain having such a personal focus on Lacroix didn’t make much sense to me and the Lacroix family drama was annoying. 

I have never felt that LaCroix was not properly involved in his daughters life.  He has a job that requires him to travel.  So do a lot of people in real life.  
Where were his in-laws this week?  How did they feel having a conga line in their kitchen?  Jess’s Dad is so much unlike Jess.  

• Love 1
On 12/10/2020 at 11:38 PM, mythoughtis said:

I have never felt that LaCroix was not properly involved in his daughters life.  He has a job that requires him to travel.  So do a lot of people in real life.  
Where were his in-laws this week?  How did they feel having a conga line in their kitchen?  Jess’s Dad is so much unlike Jess.  

I think that is the point and why LaCroix is so upset.  There is a huge difference between someone not being there because they have a job that forces them to travel and someone not being there because of their vices.  From season 1 LaCroix’s stories about his father say he was at minimum a gambling addict.

As for mom’s relatives that could be a combination of availablity and Covid.   Even among Hollywood you aren’t supposed to gather in large crowds.  In some cases they can’t get around it (like with the team briefings) but in other cases LaCroix family is limited to one side or the other.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/8/2020 at 9:37 PM, mxc90 said:

The cheating couple were arguing so loud and long they couldn't hear Hewitt trashing the room right next to them?

Tell me more about Len? And the first thing the secretary says "On Tuesday he told me he loved me". Probably shouldn't be tops on things to say.

Did the guy that called in the tip forget to mention Hewitt was carrying a scared woman tied up through the hotel?

Was there any other reason besides poor internet service to have the screen freeze?

The hotel scene was so ridiculous. Crosby avoided bullets and was tased by Jackie the bounty hunter (why wasn't she arrested for that). In 2 seconds, Crosby makes a miraculous recovery. Then a security guard and US Marshals shows up and starts shooting. Jess says "Stop" and all guns/taser goes down. Next Hewitt and Avery disappears (that's a magic trick Tali should learn) and everyone is standing around looking stupid.

So Hewitt is mad at Jess because he/Avery were forced to go to the back door where he shot the cop. Then Hewitt spent all these years studying Jess' life (how would he know Jess' name)? Seems odd. Why wasn't Jess' training agent on Hewitt's list?

Hewitt spared Jackie's life at the house  just for her to tell Jess: Sorry about your wife?! He could have killed her and left a post it with the message on the front door.

Hewitt really had nothing to lose. He couldn't choose a more inconspicuous car instead of a lime green Mercedes. 

Hewitt is supposed to be this master criminal, he leaves the keys in the car.

Too bad Hewitt was handcuffed. He could have made horns with his fingers and charge Jess like a bull.

Was that the first time a show took a crack at the Sopranos' ending?

Is a "Semicolon" tattoo really cool?

Not sure what was more surprising: Jess letting the girl keep the money or the girl telling Jess she had the money.

With Jess' job he is missing Tali growing up. Something has to change.

Did I hear this detail right?  Someone on the team said the carpet over the hidden safe is noted is worn down, yet cheating husband to be killed soon never heard the unusual hollow sound when stepping over it like Hewitt did.

I agree with you on the hotel scene.

It seems sucky that Jackie was stuck with the money and dragging it along wherever she goes, but it’s not as if Hewitt had resources to know her money’s serial numbers was being used to buy things, so maybe she should have spent some of it.

Semicolon tattoo, YMMY cool, it was .5 rank interesting for me, which means interesting for about 1 second.

I hadn’t really care for the Tali character, one reason she’s pretty underdeveloped because of only sporadic, brief screen times.  Spunky, spirited, cheerful, in mostly conventional ways so that she comes as pretty ordinary and therefore quite boring.  She was a tad more interesting in the episode when she was thrown in ICE, and that’s basically a character in distress dramatic situation.

FBI Most Wanted isn’t a completely mindless procedural, and I don’t want to watch real brain taxing procedurals, but it’s not too far away from being mindless.  I dunno, I guess I’m ok with flavors of procedurals rather than if a procedural is logically sound these days.

• Love 1