Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Scavengers

• Start Topic

Sara Mitch became allergic to the prosthetics used to turn her into Airiam, yes, which is why Airiam was killed off and Lieutenant Nilsson created to keep the actress on the show.

A similar thing happened on the show Andromeda, too, with the character Rev Bem. A recurring issue for actors in full prosthetic make-up it seems! Let us all keep our fingers crossed for Saru...

• Love 1
On 11/19/2020 at 7:39 AM, starri said:

That's just another example of what Roger Ebert called the Principle of Evil Marksmanship, which is something Imperial Stormtroopers had down to a science.

I need an entire episode that's just Tilly and Grudge.

I need an episode that’s Georgiou and Grudge... an Empress and a Queen!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/21/2020 at 12:32 PM, tennisgurl said:

Can I nominate Grudge as the new first officer? We already know he can hail a ship like a pro! What a good kitty he is! Of course he's a big boy, he's a Maine C***, they're practically Pumas! Tilly having to suddenly cat sit was cute, I believe this is the start of a beautiful friendship. 

SHE is a Queen!

• Love 2

I predict that this show will never allow Michael to remain XO, let alone become captain.  Never.  The writers of this show will always find a way to ensure that she will never achieve a position of high authority within Starfleet.  Michael's chances of remaining XO or becoming a captain would have been guaranteed if she had been portrayed by a white actress.  

This is like the Benjamin Sisko situation all over again.  Unlike the other leads before “Discovery”, he was the only one who had started his series as a Commander and not a Captain.  He didn’t achieve the rank of Captain until the end of “Star Trek Deep Space Nine” Season Three.  And he is the only Trek lead before “Discovery” who has never reached the rank of Admiral, due to be “killed off” at the end of his series.  How “convenient”.  When it comes to the leads who are POCs, the Trek franchise is really good at keeping them down

• Love 1

Since the Sphere now contained within Discovery has 100 thousand (or 100 million, I forget which) years of information on many ancient civilizations who also had some form of FTL travel, why can't the Federation search it for how to get their FTL back up and running? There must have been other means than dilitheum. On the same subject, why haven't they studied the spore drive and started building their own versions of it?

You would think that 900 years of improvement in medicine would render Detmer's implants unnecessary. (Stem cells, nanites, etc.)

• Love 1
On 11/26/2020 at 3:36 PM, LJones41 said:

When it comes to the leads who are POCs, the Trek franchise is really good at keeping them down

Although that was true in previous Trek shows, the Discovery casting seems quite diverse, with several POC (both male and female) in positions of authority or important responsibilities--especially this season, with the changes in time and place introducing new characters. And while I agree that Michael likely won't become a captain, she is clearly the lead and is meant to be the most admired--almost literally saintly--character on the show. 

On 11/19/2020 at 8:59 AM, paigow said:
  • Reduce the drag coefficient..in space...
  • Nobody built a voice interface for the transporter...on a comm badge 

Would it work like Siri or Alexa and transport you at random times you aren't talking to it? 😄