Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Episode 1

• Start Topic

How come they're in Texas, i.e. the South, and everyone talks with a nothing, mid-Atlantic accent.

Hey, we all know tv shows represent true real life--all day, every day!!  Amirite??

So accents, people, accents!

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kugrrl said:

I teach high school and I would NEVER wear a shirt that low cut. 

I had a teacher in high school who wore shirts that low cut. She also liked to send girls to the office if they were wearing 'inappropriate' clothes like spaghetti strap shirts. She sucked lol.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, rebel2u said:

How come they're in Texas, i.e. the South, and everyone talks with a nothing, mid-Atlantic accent.

Hey, we all know tv shows represent true real life--all day, every day!!  Amirite??

So accents, people, accents!

To be fair, they are supposed to be in Austin. I only visited Austin briefly last year,  but most everyone I interacted with did not talk with an accent. 

• Love 3

30 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

To be fair, they are supposed to be in Austin. I only visited Austin briefly last year,  but most everyone I interacted with did not talk with an accent. 

Maybe then Austin is like my Southern hometown, where the Yankees have moved to in droves and you can go all day and not hear a Southern accent.  If that has happened to Austin, then I feel for the natives.

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 2

I want to like this and I am usually a Huge fan of FX dramas.  I was kinda pushed when I realized it was exclusive to Hulu until I remembered I have Hulu.  (Started paying for it during Covid because I like watching the Ted Danson seasons  of CSI on loop when I can’t find anything else to drown out the silence while I work from home). Anyway I really want to like this but it is boring as all hell.  Maybe this kind of drama just has list it’s appeal to me.   And yes I really should.  Although not a teacher myself I come from a family of them. Grandmother, mother,  sister, sister in law.  I think even a sister in law in law.  This all should be fascinating to me.   But it really isn’t.   

I just started this, and I like it so far. I think it's hilarious because the high school students look like they're in their mid 20's at least (and that one "kid" definitely looks 30). Did the people responsible for casting take a page from the original 90210?  It's a bit slow-moving, but I like that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2