Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E23: Jake & Taylor

Cranberry

When tiktok star Jake’s cyber-girlfriend threatens to blackmail him, he comes to catfish for help. but when Nev and Kamie finally find this mysterious woman, they discover she’s got her own story to tell that changes everything!

Airdate: November 11, 2020

This one was a little different, & I think we're supposed to feel sorry for Amanda, but I don't. The real story is that they aren't doing the show from their houses anymore, Nev & Kamie were together in an office with the producer & camera people, they went to where the guy was, nobody was social distancing or wearing masks, & they hugged everyone when they got there. Pandemic, anyone? 

• Love 1

This felt to me like an old episode they hadn’t aired previously rather than an actual new episode. If it was a new episode, they would have mentioned going back to the pre-pandemic format. And even before the pandemic, they were having catfishees fly to LA rather than the other way around. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, GaT said:

This one was a little different, & I think we're supposed to feel sorry for Amanda, but I don't. The real story is that they aren't doing the show from their houses anymore, Nev & Kamie were together in an office with the producer & camera people, they went to where the guy was, nobody was social distancing or wearing masks, & they hugged everyone when they got there. Pandemic, anyone? 

I wondered the same thing and checked Kamie's IG- she said last night's episode was filmed in February pre-Covid. Maybe they were waiting for a clearance or sign off before they could air it?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, AManfred said:

I wondered the same thing and checked Kamie's IG- she said last night's episode was filmed in February pre-Covid. Maybe they were waiting for a clearance or sign off before they could air it?

Ah, good to know. I spent most of the episode screaming "6 feet apart!' at the TV. They should have put up a disclaimer before the show.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, AManfred said:

That's what I thought as well. 

• Love 2

So this kid lives in a gigantic house ina very tony area of Nashville but he's hitting up some random person for money and food??? HUH?

Did he really think a beautiful 24 year old woman would be flirting with him and sending him money? He seemed like a nice enough kid until he was busted by Amanda for using her the he kind of seemed smug and entitled. He did apologize however. So I'll give him that. For some reason he looks like the kind of rich kid who will never have a real job and will be doing Tik Tok videos the rest of his life in his bedroom at his parents house.

• Love 8
On 11/12/2020 at 4:44 AM, AManfred said:

I was so confused by this episode - initially thinking they were back to filming with precautions like a lot of the "Housewives" franchises, but then seeing how no precautions were being taken, and finally concluding that it must have been shot earlier when Nev and Kamie were back at their houses for the "2 months later" wrap-up...

• Love 2

Jake kind of resembles my nephew & we do share the same last name, so I wanted to like him. But I can’t. He seems like he has always gotten people to give him stuff based on his charmed and good looks. He’s a budding “confidence man.”

Maybe this show was delayed in airing because someone thought it wasn’t in Jake’s best interest to be called on his game. But ultimately the draw of being on national TV had more pull. 

• Love 3

Ugh. Just watched this episode. Clearly it was pre-pandemic, as all the more recent episodes have been done on Zoom, etc.

I, too, was disgusted with Amanda for hitting on a kid, even though at 18 he's legally an adult. However, when the whole story came out I was much more disgusted with Jake. The kid lives in a mansion with his parents and clearly does not need money for food or anything else. I wonder what his parents think now that their grifter son was on TV? 

I know it's all producer manipulation, but I wonder why Jake agreed to do the show. I guess he's young enough to think he can con everybody and he thought he'd get more followers. As to Amanda, I'm glad Kamie pointed out that she, Amanda, does indeed have real friends. Maybe the friends went along for a daylong car ride just to be on TV, but they did seem like real friends of hers. 

• Love 3