Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E05: The Blind Auditions, Part 5

• Start Topic

I'm sorry but Bailey the country crooner is annoying to me. 

And the chick who sang Whitney is going to annoy me just because.

The guy from Hawaii I couldn't understand anything he was singing.

I don't like Tori's voice. It isn't bad but I don't think it's good either. 

34 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

And the chick who sang Whitney is going to annoy me just because.

Was that Emma Lee (NOT emily)?  I thought she had a great voice, but it seems like she's kind of arrogant.  Based on her interactions with the coaches, she had a "know-it-all" vibe about her.  It's just a first impression, but Kelly may have a hard time coaching her if she already thinks she's the greatest.

None of the singers impressed me as much as Thunderstorm or Cedrice did during last year's blinds.  Hopefully someone will prove me wrong in the coming weeks, but overall this season seems blah.

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 3

I am so tired of all the fawning over teenage singers. If they’re that special and unicorny, stop pretending this is an opportunity for all singers and turn it into The Voice Junior. Make it for 13-17 year olds and have done with it. Bleah.

ETA:

On 11/2/2020 at 7:01 PM, toodywoody said:

I don't like Tori's voice. It isn't bad but I don't think it's good either.

I agree. I didn’t like her tone or her pronunciation. Enunciation? 

Edited by sharifa70
  • Love 4
On 11/2/2020 at 9:01 PM, toodywoody said:

The guy from Hawaii I couldn't understand anything he was singing.

That might have been the guy who was drowned out by the band that was SUPER loud, so loud I couldn't hear what the guy was singing much less any words.

Interesting that many get a great back story video and then they are mediocre singers and go home. Their fifteen minutes I guess.

• Love 3

I would die a happy woman if I never had to see Gwen Stefani again. 

This show has really started to circle the drain. Too much time spent on contestants sob stories. Just tell us your musical/singing background. Period. And enough with the judges corny, childish interactions.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I would die a happy woman if I never had to see Gwen Stefani again. 

This show has really started to circle the drain. Too much time spent on contestants sob stories. Just tell us your musical/singing background. Period. And enough with the judges corny, childish interactions.  

So much THIS. I wonder what would happen if they did start taking it seriously and acted like real coaches. I love John, and it’s interesting when we get to see the musician side of him (changing up arrangements, etc.), so he can stay. I love Kelly but she has got to stop with the fawning of super-special teenage singers. Blake needs to go, and the less said about Gwen the better. I usually fast-forward her coaching sessions; has she ever said anything remotely musically interesting? Like, at all?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, sharifa70 said:

has she ever said anything remotely musically interesting? Like, at all?

That would be a solid NO! She always blabs about how she's "been in this business forever" and "I've been doing this for soooo long, I could help you with your stage presentation" and blah blah blah. Yeah, Gwen could dress you in some hideous Battlestar Galactica costume and put bright red lipstick on you. But she sure as hell can't teach anyone vocal skills.

I miss you Nick Jonas😘

• Love 2