Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: The Mayor of Kingstown

• Start Topic

Brothers Mitch and Mike McLusky navigate Kingstown, home to multiple prisons, as they act as the liaisons between prisoners and the community. When a young guard, Sam, is set up to deliver a letter for a prisoner, Mike works to get him off the hook.

Debuting Sunday, November 14, 2021.

17 minutes ago, Hero said:

After the twist in the end. I'm not watching anymore. 

We were watching the first episode, and GF said "Maybe we need to get Paramount+, I enjoy seeing Kyle Chandler on my screen." At the end, she said "Well, never mind..."

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Moose135 said:

We were watching the first episode, and GF said "Maybe we need to get Paramount+, I enjoy seeing Kyle Chandler on my screen." At the end, she said "Well, never mind..."

I was so annoyed. He's really the only reason I wanted to watch it. They put him on all of the billboards and media, so I assumed that he would be the main character and stay on the show for much longer. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

This was on my DVR as Yellowstone, and at first I was annoyed, but I fast forwarded a bit to make sure that it wasn't just a few minutes, and then Yellowstone, and saw Kyle Chandler and decided it was a fortuitous mistake,  but I came to see the comments first before committing to watching.  Thanks for saving me the hour and a half, y'all. 

• Love 2
On 11/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, Hero said:

I was so annoyed. He's really the only reason I wanted to watch it. They put him on all of the billboards and media, so I assumed that he would be the main character and stay on the show for much longer. 

They also had Kyle listed for 10 episodes over at IMDB. Right now he's listed in 9 episodes but I guess that will go down further. Very sneaky. But not in a good way this time around. I was in it for the cast but foremost for Taylor Sheridan, after seen two episodes though I can conclude it isn't for me and I'll leave it to those who enjoy that sort of violence. I could stomach, & enjoyed, SoA but apparently not this. Is it a sign I'm getting older/old? And here I was hoping I would get cool & jaded as I got older. Huh. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, The Pretender said:

They also had Kyle listed for 10 episodes over at IMDB. Right now he's listed in 9 episodes but I guess that will go down further.

GF wondered if he was going to be in flashback scenes, but this doesn't seem like the kind of show that will be using extensive flashbacks.

• Love 1

At least it wasn't Landry who offed da Mayor.

I thoroughly enjoyed the exposition as to the lay of the lands.  The lubricant, if you will, of the prisons.  Sheridan has created a fascinating tapestry.  He'll never live up to it, but this was an excellent introduction.

Out of all the insanity, the thing that I could not grasp, at all, was that Mitch had the secretary make copies of the maps.  Obviously, she is in thick as any thief, but wow. 

Mama McLusky I do not care for.  She is a good storyteller.  I'll give her that.    

Tennis, anyone?

I’m glad I checked here first because I’d have to subscribe to watch this. I’m a fan of Kyle Chandler and he’s the only reason I was interested. I watched him in Friday Night Lights and Bloodline. 

Jeremy Renner isn’t that interesting to me so I’ll pass. 

• Love 2