Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Proverbs 20:6

• Start Topic

With the real Jason waking up (or so it seems), I really wonder where this will go now. Also, the part about Becky getting a little fresh with Ginger, as it's shown on the preview for next week's episode, I will note that lesbianism is one thing that didn't cross my mind. Then again, so far on the show, it's been shown that she and Eric don't have the greatest marriage.

I am still curious about Eugene. I know that this episode has shown that he is very much alive, at least that's how I see it. However, I'm still wondering about the kind of state he was in when he was taken care of by that woman at the swamp, and when he went to that retail store, and finally when he was arrested.

A little off-topic, but I have to say that Alanna Ubach (Yopi, Antonio's mom) is still gorgeous. I remember thinking she was cute as far back as when she was on Beakman's World in the early-1990s. I know she is currently 45 and that's not really that old in this day and age, but still. Then again, Rachel York (Tina, Ginger's mom) is also gorgeous, in my opinion.

I'm getting real tired of Margaret being treated as the devil by almost everyone on the show when she's just trying to clean up Eugene's messes he surprised her with. I have a hard time rooting for Ginger during a lot of it even when she's right at times.

I'm happy that the real Jason is waking up. They need some movement on that part of the storyline.

I'm still waiting for Antonio to do something besides trail after Margaret and apologize for his double crossing gambling mother.

The newspaper reporter has to be another illegitimate kid and I hope they drop that bombshell soon.

• Love 5

I'll join the chorus of those confused about Eugene's storyline.  I think I've settled on the fact that he is actually alive.  All of the things we've seen (waking up in the swamp, the retail store job, the arrest) really happened.  Eugene is just picturing (maybe due to a head injury?) the people involved (store clerk, prison guard) as being people he has known from his past. 

The prison guard was Franklin's mother, correct?  She's supposed to be dead.  Maybe she faked her death.  Eugene's mom (Juliette Lewis) is supposed to be dead.  Still waiting to find out about swamp lady.  Clearly Franklin's mother was important to Eugene's past.  I would speculate that she and Eugene had an affair and Franklin is another offspring, but I think Eugene and Franklin are supposed to be portrayed as close to the same age. 

We know Eugene's alive because Ginger (who may not be reliable because she's, you know, a drunk) saw him.  The two stoners saw him and he stole from them.  Ginger saw him on the parade route.  When he got to the mansion, he still had on his prison uniform, so I think the arrest was real which would also mean stealing money from the store was real. 

My .02, anyway.   

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bulldog said:

We know Eugene's alive because Ginger (who may not be reliable because she's, you know, a drunk) saw him.  The two stoners saw him and he stole from them.  Ginger saw him on the parade route.  When he got to the mansion, he still had on his prison uniform, so I think the arrest was real which would also mean stealing money from the store was real. 

It seems like the arrest must have been real, but how the heck did he go from getting questioned by a cop to working on some prison farm that looked like it came from some old movie? There would have had to have been a trial. That is what is the most confusing about the whole ordeal, the rest of it I can buy.

• Love 2

So I do think that Eugene is alive now, but that just makes his whole plot make even less sense. 

I know that I should be more sympathetic towards Ginger, and I do feel for her with her stuff with her mom and dealing with all of these scary people after her, but I just don't get why she hates Margaret so much. The worst thing she has really done to her was write that fake letter, and while it was manipulative, it did at least give Ginger some closure, its not like Margaret has been behind any of the really bad stuff that has happened, at least not yet. I don't think that Margaret is a saint or anything, and she hasn't exactly rolled out the red carpet for Ginger, but so much of what Ginger gets most upset about are things that don't really seem that bad, or weren't Margaret's fault. I guess its because Ginger feels betrayed that Margaret isnt the perfect mom that she grew up with on TV? 

Now that real Jason is possibly waking up, we can really get that plot moving. I also admit to being surprised that Becky might be into women, if some of her vibes with Ginger are saying anything. I thought it would be Paul who was in the closet. I wonder if this will end with Becky and Eric divorcing, and Becky coming out of the closet and Eric getting with the cam girl? 

• Love 2

I think whoever speculated in the last ep's thread that Eugene was alive but had a head injury that was making him see people from his past was right. The prison stuff makes no sense though, as @KaveDweller pointed out.

After the reveal that the store clerk was Eugene's mom and now that the cop was Franklin's mom, I'm wondering if the swamp lady is Margaret's mom.

They surprised me again. I didn't expect the 'secretly gay' plot to go to Eric's wife.

I find Ginger pretty much intolerable at this point.

Everything with Jason/Mark's stoner friends was hilarious. Rose being insane and putting a curse on them was so funny. I hope we see more of them.

On 10/28/2020 at 6:55 PM, tennisgurl said:

I know that I should be more sympathetic towards Ginger, and I do feel for her with her stuff with her mom and dealing with all of these scary people after her, but I just don't get why she hates Margaret so much. The worst thing she has really done to her was write that fake letter, and while it was manipulative, it did at least give Ginger some closure, its not like Margaret has been behind any of the really bad stuff that has happened, at least not yet. I don't think that Margaret is a saint or anything, and she hasn't exactly rolled out the red carpet for Ginger, but so much of what Ginger gets most upset about are things that don't really seem that bad, or weren't Margaret's fault. I guess its because Ginger feels betrayed that Margaret isnt the perfect mom that she grew up with on TV? 

I wonder if Ginger is just taking her anger out at Eugene on Margaret. Or she blames her for Eugene not staying with her mother. He is not here to be angry out, so she is turning on Margaret. It is kind of cliche.

• Love 2