Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Vanished

• Start Topic

I had high hopes for this one, but I hated the first episode a lot. SO boring, and completely nonsensical. I like Christopher Plummer, but he's NINETY YEARS OLD, for dog's sake. 

The woman in the taxi at the very beginning. She tells the taxi driver she's meeting someone at the airport, but the next thing you see, she's in a plane. Made no sense at all. And the plane was going from NY to the UK, so why show us Toronto Airport? The rest of it was just talk, talk, talk, blah, blah, blah, and bunch of characters so completely interchangeable and bland and mumbly I never did figure out who was who.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lily H said:

I had high hopes for this one, but I hated the first episode a lot. SO boring, and completely nonsensical. I like Christopher Plummer, but he's NINETY YEARS OLD, for dog's sake. 

The woman in the taxi at the very beginning. She tells the taxi driver she's meeting someone at the airport, but the next thing you see, she's in a plane. Made no sense at all. And the plane was going from NY to the UK, so why show us Toronto Airport? The rest of it was just talk, talk, talk, blah, blah, blah, and bunch of characters so completely interchangeable and bland and mumbly I never did figure out who was who.

I think the inconsistencies in her story are supposed to make us suspicious. I assume the investigation will dig into the flight she missed and why she had the taxi drop her at Arrivals.

She was meant to be in NYC even if they shot at YYZ. The only scenes that were supposed to be Toronto were AJ, Kendra's stepson. I have no idea why they were so cagey about revealing what their relationship was at first. That didn't have any in-story logic (unless it turns out that Kendra has More Than Maternal feelings for him).

Edited by SomeTameGazelle
  • Love 4

I loved the pilot, and I looked up the show and there's 6 episodes this season, and they already aired in Britain so I watched all of those too.  Great show!

The cast is pretty crazy.  I love Archie Panjabi, there's Christopher Plummer, and (married couple in real life) Claire Forlani and Dougray Scott.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The first episode being nonsensical doesn’t bother me as much as the bad acting (which is really a surprise since the show has some name actors).  If you want to watch a Peacock show that is gripping & well-acted, check out The Capture. Great show!

• Love 1
On 11/4/2020 at 7:46 PM, HerkyJerky said:

The first episode being nonsensical doesn’t bother me as much as the bad acting (which is really a surprise since the show has some name actors).  If you want to watch a Peacock show that is gripping & well-acted, check out The Capture. Great show!

To me it's not so much the bad acting as the cliche writing. We only watched 15 minutes of the first episode before deciding to go to bed. But tonight we watched it from the beginning with closed captioning (because I had trouble following the dialogue with tech talk and British accents), and this time we were interested enough to watch the second episode. It's not great but it'll do while waiting for another good Netflix series.
Thanks for the suggestion of The Capture. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

So I'm trying to decide whether to register for Peacock Premium in order to watch the other 5 episodes. 
It's only $4.99, but I'm wondering how hard it is to stop after I start.

How many other shows are there on Peacock that you want to watch?

I find it hard to cancel a streaming service after I've started.

• Useful 1