Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Play The Game

• Start Topic

I wonder who will crack a smile first before the season ends: Tameika or Monet? 

Tameika took cash for grilling Tasha? Looked like she was unleashing on her for free.

Monet has done her research on Tariq, knows it doesn't end well for anybody around him but decides to work with him anyway. 

Wouldn't word get back to Lorenzo that Cane shot up Guap's ceiling? He will get on Monet for defying his order for sending him along with Dru.

Too late to have Guap stop posting.  The police is already aware of his videos. 

Guap is wrong. Monet is getting plenty this decade.

Is Jabari's office the only place where he can get it on?

Poor sex addicted Carrie. How can she get her mind off her troubles and focus on work with a loud inconsiderate co-worker in the next room?? 

Oh No! Tariq got a "NC". For a moment, I thought he paid the girl to set up Jabari so his grades will be fixed.

How many times will Tariq need to send a stripper to Scott to keep him away from selling? Epiphany doesn't work for low wages.

Zeke told Tariq he had a game tomorrow and the next day he is on probation/can't play? Huh! Coach Wallace looked clueless asking Zeke his status instead of having all the information from a school official!

Zeke to coach: "It's not my fault I can't play". So I guess it's Tariq's fault Zeke??!!

Surprised Monet didn't give Zeke hell for not giving her a call, making her travel to the game if he knew he was on probation and wasn't playing.

Such a ridiculous press conference. Coach should be fired.

• Love 2

Not buying Tariq's attempt to look smart in his canonical class. He can quote Evelyn Waugh? Please. I was surprised he knew which pronoun to use.

"The jury will believe me." Famous last words, Tasha.

I'm wondering if all Monet's kids have the same father, because Cane is much darker-skinned than both his parents and that's unusual--TV sitcoms notwithstanding. 🙄

So Monet's investigator didn't make the connection between Tariq and Ghost? Or do they actually have no idea who James St. Patrick really was? But even then, they must know Tasha is indicted as the alleged head of a criminal empire. Clearly something in the St. Patrick family milk ain't clean. Do the Tejadas not watch the news? Heck, it's probably all over social media.

Shibari. Huh, learn something new every day. Not always a thing that I needed to know though.

Tameika, yaaaas queen! Looks like she and Tasha were wearing the same wig, hah, hah. Black Malibu Barbies represent!

Whoa, Tameika. Went. In. She left Tasha messed up like roadkill on a busy street.

Why is Monet so determined to keep Diana down? Jealousy?

Is Jabari being set up? That grad student he banged was coming on awfully strong, in his office after hours. Whatever, AFAIC he's trash. Dumb trash repeatedly doing that right in his office. The walls are pretty thin it seems.

Little punk Tariq negotiating with not-born-yesterday Monet. I can't. It's probably just a matter of time until he takes over the Tejada empire. Because 50 hates us that much . 😐

For a moment, I thought he paid the girl to set up Jabari so his grades will be fixed.

Yeah, I thought that too. There's still a chance for it play out that way. The girl might threaten Jabari with claiming he raped her and then Carrie will step in to save the day because she heard it sounding extremely consensual. Meanwhile, Tariq's in the clear because Jabari won't be able to afford another potential scandal. (BTW, have they mentioned whether Jabari or Carrie have tenure?)

Such a ridiculous press conference. Coach should be fired.

It doesn't look to me like 50 or his writers have done enough research on how NCAA sports work. That whole business with Zeke suddenly on academic probation and the other kid stealing his spotlight seemed like it came out of nowhere to me.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Tameika took cash for grilling Tasha? Looked like she was unleashing on her for free.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whoa, Tameika. Went. In. She left Tasha messed up like roadkill on a busy street.

Tameika dug in Tasha's ass with that cross examination. She was like:That's how it's done and why you should've kept me as your lawyer!

ClearcutJadedIberianmole-small.gif

Method Man was smart to try to get her on their side, but any knowledge she has that could potentially be shared, especially about Saxe and his bullshit, is most likely privileged. 

So according to every TV show and movie, I'm apparently the only person in the world not having sex at my job....Does Jabari have a sex addiction too or is he just a dick?  I noticed how he resisted the grad student up until he heard the door to the other professor's office shut. 

The actor that plays Tariq is such a mush mouth. I can never understand anything he says. If they're intent on keeping him as the start of the show, can they please get him so damn elocution lessons.  

I wish they would stop trying to prove to us how smart Tariq is. We get it. Despite all the stupid things we've seen him do time and time again, you want us to know he's "brilliant".  Okay, sure writers. 

tenor.gif

Drew's gonna have to learn how to get some respect from these folks if he wants to be a leader in the organization.  He's not doing himself any favors. And his crazy ass brother isn't always gonna be there to bail him out.  I hope we also get to see the sister being a badass instead of just another intermediary between Tariq and Monet.

• Love 3

I feel like they are building Cane and Drew up to be a Ghost and Tommy 2.0. One is unpredictable and reckless like Tommy. The other one is calm and cautious like Ghost.

They're really showing us that Professor (Jabari???) has a type... but in the office? On campus though?

I like Tamika humbled Tasha and I was really hoping that she would join the team when Method Man asked.

..so... umm... I'm not sure how I feel about MJB's acting in this episode. For example, that scene where she goes through her daughters purse and pockets to find the extra burner phone the daughter has... I feel like she rushes into the room and searches the daughter's purse like a crack addict looking for things to pawn. I feel like there's a way she could have acted that out and maintained her character's intimidation factor.

16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why is Monet so determined to keep Diana down? Jealousy?

I don’t think it's Monet wanting to keep her down but they have different visions of Diana's life.

Monet seems to want Diana to not just be apart of the family business, but Monet wants Diana to run it, to be the queenpin. Monet seems determined for that to happen despite Diana's, and probably Lorenzo's, objections. Diana doesn't seem to want that.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1

Not buying Tariq's attempt to look smart in his canonical class. He can quote Evelyn Waugh? Please. I was surprised he knew which pronoun to use.

This canonical studies class is ridiculous and so is the professor. What professor worth their salt would be upset about a student having a dissenting opinion about a text? When I was in college, professors loved that because it would lead to spirited debates and make the class interesting. We're really supposed to believe that this professor would rather his students regurgitate the same opinions about Socrates so he can read the same paper over and over? And THIS is supposed to be a high-level English class? Or is the professor just mad that Tariq made it in so it doesn't matter what he says, he's going to break his balls all the time?

Once again, Tariq has no concept of time. This is getting tiresome.

Drew is clearly not about this life. Drew is who James wanted Tariq to be. If Drew grew up as a St. Patrick, he wouldn't be anywhere near this life.

I do not care about the professors. Their story makes the show even more disjointed than it already is. Jabari fine and all, but he needs to get it on at home.

3 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I think it's Monet wanting to keep her down but they have different visions of Diana's life.

Monet seems to watch Diana to not just be apart of the family business, but Monet wants Diana to run it, to be the queenpin. Monet seems determined for that to happen despite Diana's, and probably Lorenzo's, objections. Diana doesn't seem to want that.

Yeah I don’t know why Monet doesn’t want Diana to go to school. A advanced degree she received could help the family (like how Proctor was an attorney from a criminal family). 

Also- if someone doesn’t want to be in the drug life, making them is a bad idea! Cause they are going to be very bad at it. 

Trying hard to watch this show.

But running into a major problem: every time Tariq appears on my screen, I want to punch him repeatedly in the face. Unfortunately, I cannot keep watching a show that evokes such a visceral reaction in me. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, themadman said:

Trying hard to watch this show.

But running into a major problem: every time Tariq appears on my screen, I want to punch him repeatedly in the face. Unfortunately, I cannot keep watching a show that evokes such a visceral reaction in me. 

Join the club! He's the worse part of the show.