Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Nature's Course

• Start Topic

Airdate 2020.09.10

Father tries to teach the children how to hunt some of Kepler-22b’s mysterious creatures for food. Meanwhile, the Mithraic make a stunning discovery that potentially fulfills a Mithraic prophecy, and a debate about how to proceed ignites a conflict between Marcus and the Mithraic leader, Ambrose.

Noooo! They killed Mouse! The only character I liked!

I thought they were going to put the tracker in the creature and figure out where it lived, what it was eating, and how it survived the cold (it sure isn't it's thick, lush fur). It might have solved all of their problems. Give a man one creature, he will eat for a day, give a man a village full of creatures and he can become a rancher.

All that tech lying around and all Mother wants is a few wires.

How is Campion so good at using the spaceship's computers when the ship has only be there for a few days. I am amazed he even knows how to read.

Somebody needs to teach these kids about Barbecue.

They are really laying it on thick what it is to be a good, mother, father, child, parent. All the threads are getting so tangled it is making me weary.

Case of the 6 missing embryos: SOLVED! Somebody poked them with a stick!

The Castaways lives should be so much easier now that they don't have to carry the douche ecerywhere in a sedan chair.

The rock is no longer giving off heat! Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in? Human Sacrifice!!!! OK! It's working again! That's the Human's answer for everything!

P.S. Episode 5: Infected Memory also aired.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Don't androids already know what they know? I was confused too why Mother apparently needed to plug herself in to be able to remember where the rest of the embryos went. Yeah, you'll have that if you leave them laying around the house where young children can get to them. For all the "good mother" shtick they keep hitting, Mother really hasn't cottoned on the idea that you also have to watch the children you artificially gestate.

Ding dong, the dick in the sedan chair is gone. Seriously, at what point in carting his ass across an endless blowing sand desert don't you think maybe he could get down and walk with with the rest of you? It's really not surprising though that he had already worked out that Marcus and Sue 2.0 are not actually Marcus and Sue. For all the trouble they went to to be here, they're the least convincing liars ever. Marcus can barely be bothered to even feign that he doesn't find their religious stuff an utter waste of time.

Of course Father of the shiny new full body condom onesie is having an identity crisis about his usefulness because of course he is. So are we throwing a ghost Tally story into the mix now too?

• Love 1

So Sue got made by Ambrose. Wonder if he told anyone else his suspicions?

Ambrose had his android put that earwig in Marcus? Pious nutbag. Seems to me there was a less complicated way of dealing with Marcus' increasing insubordination. That is, unless Ambrose was trying to make himself look like a hero at Marcus' expense.

Oy, Marcus. He might be falling victim to the Mithraic cult. Either that or he's pretending so he can gain their trust and take over.

Am I reading it correctly that this show is putting forth an anti-abortion message? Even pregnant monsters should be sacrosanct? Not sure how I feel about that.

He looks a lot like Richard Branson

Yeah, with a few years on him.

• Love 1

There's definitely some warped ideas about motherhood at play here with the monster and with Mother so heavily romanticizing Tempest's rape baby. I mean, I get it. We're in a story where most of humanity is dead and unless Mother stumbles on another spaceship full of children to "adopt" they're basically hoping to keep humans as a species going on the backs of a half dozen kids. So any other potential life will do. But yeah, some of it's coming across as kind of distasteful.

I don't get any sense that Marcus is buying into any of this. He's been doing about the worst impression of a believer ever while saying just enough right things to placate the rest of the believers. Again, when humanity is you and maybe a dozen other people in bad haircuts and ski pants, you have to work with what you have to survive.

• Love 2

Okay the alien critter fetus is just about the most Ridley Scott thing they've thrown at us so far.  Also, ew.

I kind of understood Father's desire to teach the kids to hunt and kill their own food (since he's learned the hard way that he and Mother will not always be around).  What I do NOT understand is the rape-baby-mama's sudden decision to kill the critter in the hut and eat it RAW.  Admittedly I've never been pregnant and I hear it does give one weird cravings AND mood swings but . . . damn.

I'm also completely confused as to what went down at the pyramid.  Ragnar Marcus heard something and then suddenly there's enough heat to cook the lousy leader?  I'm not complaining (because anyone who demands to be carried through the desert on a palanquin seriously needs to be killed A LOT) but I do not understand what triggered the super grill.

• Love 1

I don't get the food issues. They've been on this planet for years without apparent "famine' concerns eating the now-known-to-be radioactive plant-thing. But if it is as easy to determine the toxic properties of the newly-discovered "pizza nut" as it is to toss it into some cuisinart-scanning device for a few seconds, why didn't they do that with the now-known-to-be radioactive plant-thing in the first place? That's some pretty steep parental malpractice right there.

9 hours ago, ahpny said:

I don't get the food issues. They've been on this planet for years without apparent "famine' concerns eating the now-known-to-be radioactive plant-thing. But if it is as easy to determine the toxic properties of the newly-discovered "pizza nut" as it is to toss it into some cuisinart-scanning device for a few seconds, why didn't they do that with the now-known-to-be radioactive plant-thing in the first place? That's some pretty steep parental malpractice right there.

They only recently acquired their "nut tasting" spaceship, the one they arrived in took a long walk down a dark hole.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2020 at 6:13 AM, AnimeMania said:

How is Campion so good at using the spaceship's computers when the ship has only be there for a few days.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, Tachi Rocinante said:

Why did Mother need to relive her own memories? 

On 10/9/2020 at 1:36 AM, AnimeMania said:

They only recently acquired their "nut tasting" spaceship, the one they arrived in took a long walk down a dark hole.

This show is pretty to look at .. but seriously .. whoever is writing this must be doing so between bong hits. 
This particular set of humans  should not be permitted to repopulate a new world.
The androids are no better. None of them seem to have the ability to think logically: the androids don't settle near a water source, they don't retrieve available technology, the religious idiots leave behind all the resources from their wrecked ship ... the list is endless.

I am beginning to think Ridley Scott projects should be watched with the audio turned off.  Whatever you  imagine is happening will probably make much more sense than what is actually happening. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 1