Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Whole New Ballgame

• Start Topic

On 9/2/2020 at 8:49 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Wes did lie to Bobby when he said that he had cleared promoting Malia with Sandy. I wasn't a big Bobby fan, but it was pretty shady how it all went down.

I remember thinking at the time that this was just more shit-stirring on Sandy’s part (what a surprise). She had to have known about the Malia-Wes-Adam thing, and she kept pressing Wes to name a lead deckhand. Wes, knowing the can o’worms he would open, kept putting her off until she forced his hand. Between Malia and Bobby, there was no question who was stronger. But it looked bad on Wes’s part regardless — which was the result Sandy wanted: Malia promoted, Wes uncomfortable, Bobby angry, and Adam further hurt. 

Nothing good was going to come out of that, no matter how it went down. But hey! Teamwork makes the dream work! 

(As always, YMMV.)

• Love 6
On 9/2/2020 at 2:08 PM, lcarolynl said:

but I don’t like my legitimate feelings of dislike simply reduced to slut-shaming. She deserves the hate because she’s an unprofessional, snake who has publicly demeaned Hannah and her crew to advance her own selfish desires.

Same. Also wasn't it Ashton who was given a hard time at the last reunion because he's "working" on a boat owned by someone his girlfriend knows? Same kind of insinuations made and he's a man.

I think Malia gets away with a lot because she's cute and earnest with her job. Those can be helpful qualities but usually can't negate the awful ones she displays.