Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Whole New Ballgame

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, biakbiak said:
51 minutes ago, Rhetorica said:

Has Tom seen Malia's previous season when she slept with two guys to assure a promotion? 

That’s not what happened. She hooked up with Adam before the season and he had literally no control over getting that job. And she didn’t sleep with Wes she just made out with him a few times.

Hmmm....so who's right?   Who really know what happened?   Malia, I guess.

Edited by Kayz Opinion
Removed weird merge
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, WahooLAH99 said:

Why is ok for Tom to Google baseball, but not Kiko to look up Vegas!

Because Sandy realy likes Malia...therefore really likes Tom; he can do no wrong.  She didn't like Kiko (his popularity???) and so he could do no right.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I like Aesha—she seems like a kind person and a hard worker. That said, her over-enthusiasm for the most mundane things can be a bit exhausting. “Oh I looooove people who recycle. It’s soooo cooool.” Like damn, imagine how excited she’d get over somebody composting! 

Damons & crew are just as annoying and trashy as I remember them.  Yuck.

I think the scales are beginning to fall, ever so slightly, from Jess’s eyes regarding Rob. He’s a smarmy player. I have NO doubt that this “ex” who is texting him this episode had no clue that she was an ex. 

15 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Anybody else think Johnny Damon's hair looked really stupid?

Is there anyone who doesn’t?? 

13 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

If Rob is still emotionally entangled with his ex, he really shouldn't be getting into another relationship with Jess (or anybody) so fast that you've already said 'I love you."  This is a major red flag and I hope Jess doesn't get her little heart broken.  Those things never seem to turn out too well.

I really hope they have a reunion—I need to see Rob squirm for all the gross womanizing he’s done. According to what I’ve read on social media/blogs, his “love bombing”—as he did with Jess—is a pattern.  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

9 hours ago, PaperTree said:
9 hours ago, Rhetorica said:

Has Tom seen Malia's previous season when she slept with two guys to assure a promotion? 

Lalalalalala I can't hear you!!!  Lalalalalalalalala  🙂 

That’s not what happened. She hooked up with Adam before the season and he had literally no control over getting that job. And she didn’t sleep with Wes she just made out with him a few times.

The former quotes are why I think the board is recursively against Malia.  It's not enough that she was morally questionable or completely in the wrong regarding Hannah, she also has to be a whore.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Wes did lie to Bobby when he said that he had cleared promoting Malia with Sandy. I wasn't a big Bobby fan, but it was pretty shady how it all went down.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Wes did lie to Bobby when he said that he had cleared promoting Malia with Sandy. I wasn't a big Bobby fan, but it was pretty shady how it all went down.

That’s on Wes not Malia. Though given Sandy’s demonstrated favoritism he probably could have told her and she still wouldn’t have an issue. I think Bobby had a partial point ruined by his tendency to go completely overboard. However, I was just pointing out that she did not sleep with two guys to get a “promotion” in name only. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BookElitist said:

While dining, I canNOT  abide all of that dust -catching -nauseous mess on a table.

Its so disgusting and food  - off putting.

Would items on the deck of a yacht accumulate dust in just a matter of hours? I honestly don’t know—it seems they likely wouldn’t, but I’m no expert! 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lassus said:

The former quotes are why I think the board is recursively against Malia.  It's not enough that she was morally questionable or completely in the wrong regarding Hannah, she also has to be a whore.

Well, technically the people she was stringing along were above her in rank.  And Wes did, in fact, promote her to lead deckhand.  Maybe she deserved it, but it's icky all around.

And typically when a predominance of people dislike a crew member, there are pretty good reasons for it.    People hate Captain Sandy Yawn too.  Recursively, even.   That's pretty much what happens on a message board about a show.  

I also love the word "recursively"!  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

That's pretty much what happens on a message board about a show. 

Understood.  I shouldn't stray into thread cop as much as I do.  As an old-timey veteran MUD internet user, sometimes the 30-year-old online misogyny ballet troubles me.  As you can imagine, I'm not on TWITTER. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Understood.  I shouldn't stray into thread cop as much as I do.  As an old-timey veteran MUD internet user, sometimes the 30-year-old online misogyny ballet troubles me.  As you can imagine, I'm not on TWITTER. 

Totally get your feelings on this!  

• Love 1

I'm always surprised by how many table decorations are available on these yachts, the quantities as well as the various themes.  I've wondered if this is standard on all yachts or just what we see on this reality show.  They certainly take up a lot of storage space.  And neon tutus?  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

However, I was just pointing out that she did not sleep with two guys to get a “promotion” in name only. 

I agree. She should have dumped Adam outright, instead of hoping he'd figure it out for himself. Other than that, she's allowed to change her mind and for no other reason than that Wes was more attractive than Adam in multiple ways, including not being crazy. We didn't see her exchange sex for a promotion. I hate the knee jerk reaction that says when a woman gains something from a man it was due to her feminine wiles. Often women achieve things because they're just that damn good.

Sandy, among all the stupid stuff I want you to stop doing, referring to Tom as a Michelin star chef is right up there. He is not. He worked in restaurants that had earned stars and there's no indication it happened because of the skill and talent of Tom Checketts. Either learn what a Michelin star is and how they're awarded or shut up about it.

Bugs, white glove service is like 5 stars; it isn't a real thing. There's no set of standards, no governing body, no manual of how it's done. It's just pretentious. And silly looking. And not all that hygienic. Put away the stupid gloves and wash your hands. Maybe without the gloves it won't be as easy to drop things.

I'd like to know more about Perfidious Rob, please. If anybody can point me to posts or blogs it would be appreciated.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Love 17

I'm not gonna hate anybody because these are people that I don't know in real life, but I can heartily dislike their actions.  Sandy and Malia have (at least as shown on tv) behaved reprehensibly and are not people whom I would like to know in my real life - but they probably wouldn't find me their cup of tea either!

I was in a VRBO condo last week and was looking through drawers and pulled out a couple and looked at my daughter and we both said "Table Decorations!" - it was chock full of candles and crap that could be used to decorate the table (which we used to play card games on - no cooking when I'm on vacation because it's - well - vacation!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Annifran said:

I'm always surprised by how many table decorations are available on these yachts, the quantities as well as the various themes.  I've wondered if this is standard on all yachts or just what we see on this reality show.  They certainly take up a lot of storage space.  And neon tutus?  

I did a quick Google search and some are fussy, but not to the degree of tackiness that Sandy loves and expects. Other settings are much more simple and tasteful, with only fine china, cloth napkins, tableware, and glassware. Sandy somehow has never learned that less is often more, and I just pray she never sees the BD episode where Adrian wanted to use the live sea creature as a centerpiece (memory on exact details may be cloudy, but do recall everyone from Lee on down being pretty grossed out by it). God only knows what “inspiration” she’ll take from that.

I may just be a gal of simple means, but I much prefer the modest place settings, china, and stemware to the Bugs extravaganzas of glitter, streamers, balloons,  and other foo-foo that Sandy wants, but only work to make it more difficult to serve, eat, and clean up the food — which is why, really, people are at the table in the first place. (I think it’s also disrespectful to the chef to take the attention away from the food, which Sandy is also obsessed over. I can’t with that woman.)

• Love 10

I don’t care about Malia’s romantic relationships, but for those who do care, all she and Adam did was French kiss, confirmed by both Adam and Malia.

She’s a snake in the grass and would drive over her mother to advance her own interests. Ratting out her roommate in that shady, shitty manner, throwing a hissy fit (On deck and in public!) when she can’t bunk with her boyfriend, treating her crew like shit, and toadying up to Sandy for obvious preferential treatment are the basis of my feelings. I realize some people believe she slept her way up, I don’t, but I don’t like my legitimate feelings of dislike simply reduced to slut-shaming. She deserves the hate because she’s an unprofessional, snake who has publicly demeaned Hannah and her crew to advance her own selfish desires.

ETA: I reread this and have to ask myself why I am so worked up about Malia. Maybe someone did something similar to me in the past and it's bring up unresolved feelings. Malia advances her career while behaving so horribly, it just seems so unfair!

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/malia-white-adam-glick-relationship-before-below-deck-mediterranean-revealed-video

Edited by lcarolynl
edited to correct a formatting error and added content
  • Love 20

I may be in the minority, but I don't like Jess.  She gives off a very dumb vibe and reminds me of girls back in school who would easily fall for any available guy who looked at them.  She has weak morals, jumping into bed right away with Rob (a weirdo himself) before really getting to know him.  And that flesh colored bathing suit--- ecccchhh! It doesn't look sexy to me but like something out of a cheap guy's mag.  And this is being petty for sure but her mouth bugs me.  I saw a video of a girl putting a sticky glue along the edge of her mouth, then turning her lips inside out and holding them like that against that glue until dry and it gave her the full lip look.  You were looking at the inside of her lips but she put makeup over that and then lipstick and it actually worked.  Gross to me!  Her 'lips' looked like Jesses lips to me and I just can't get the slimy feeling out of the way when I look at Jess.  I hope they don't bring Jess back since she brings nothing to the show but the slime factor.  Just my opinion!

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, stcroix said:

I may be in the minority, but I don't like Jess.  She gives off a very dumb vibe and reminds me of girls back in school who would easily fall for any available guy who looked at them.  She has weak morals, jumping into bed right away with Rob (a weirdo himself) before really getting to know him.  And that flesh colored bathing suit--- ecccchhh! It doesn't look sexy to me but like something out of a cheap guy's mag.  And this is being petty for sure but her mouth bugs me.  I saw a video of a girl putting a sticky glue along the edge of her mouth, then turning her lips inside out and holding them like that against that glue until dry and it gave her the full lip look.  You were looking at the inside of her lips but she put makeup over that and then lipstick and it actually worked.  Gross to me!  Her 'lips' looked like Jesses lips to me and I just can't get the slimy feeling out of the way when I look at Jess.  I hope they don't bring Jess back since she brings nothing to the show but the slime factor.  Just my opinion!

I like Jess, not sure why really but her shiny face makeup is gross to me. 
Boy, I am super negative today and all about a Bravo TV show! Believe me when I tell you, I have bigger fish to fry IRL. Maybe Malia and Jess's makeup are taking the brunt of my sad unhappiness at my "in person" life right now. 

• Love 1

I think Jess is dumb too. And not as pretty as she thinks she is. I do agree that Aesha is extremely annoying and though she is a hard worker I know I would want to throttle her by the end of the day. I prefer my coworkers to have more misanthropic feelings than constant rainbows and moonbeams. Ugh, Rob. What a dope! If you have an "ex" girlfriend who wants to create drama via texts, put your phone down, walk away and, I don't know, focus on YOUR JOB. (And I agree the ex may not have known she is an ex!) 

• Love 10

I may be wrong but didn’t Rob say the ex had reached out and it had him rethinking his Bali plans before he even told Jess about it? 
Jess bugs me mainly because she is so damn slow at everything she does. It’s like watching a snail work. Move!!!

• Love 6

The table Jess set for breakfast was what I would expect on a luxury yacht, much more elegant than the overdone messes that Bugs makes. If I were eating at that table I would prefer not to have my food surrounded by a bunch of dollar store decorations which spend their time either collecting dust in a cabinet or sitting on a table collecting food particles, spit, spilled alcohol and whatever else. Not to mention the time it takes both setting the stuff out and brushing every little glass pebble back into a container could be better spent working on laundry.

That neon party: What? Why do adults need a theme? How about the theme is a nice dinner. Like others have said, the table is so busy it takes away from the food. That table looked like a unicorn went to a child’s birthday party and then threw up. The face paint, tutus, hair bows and Minnie Mouse gloves did nothing to help.

Bugsy’s “Tom’s gonna freak” remark makes me think he’s had worse freak outs than what we’ve seen. It’s a shame that stupidly-suggested, too-large bowl cover didn’t fall off just as Bugsy reached the top of the stairs. The bouncing metal sound would have lasted all the way down the steps and down the hall. It would have been like when Pip knocked the armor into the well in LOTR and it went on forever. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, lcarolynl said:

I like Jess, not sure why really but her shiny face makeup is gross to me. 
Boy, I am super negative today and all about a Bravo TV show! Believe me when I tell you, I have bigger fish to fry IRL. Maybe Malia and Jess's makeup are taking the brunt of my sad unhappiness at my "in person" life right now. 

Sorry you're going through it right now,LCAROLYNL 😢.  I felt bad writing that about Jess but it's the way I feel about her.  I understand the negativity you're feeling-- we had to evacuate for Hurricane Laura with my 87 yr old mom who had 'something' going on mentally with her riding in the backseat for 6 hrs trying to get up to Austin.  We've been waiting a few months to get her in to see a neurologist (covid caused delays) and she's really getting in bad shape.  The drive and 2 night hotel stay was murder on her, me, and my husband.  Finally got in to see the dr yesterday and found out she has Alzheimers.  What a week.  And now this.  I probably would have kept my feeling about Jess to myself any other time 😞   

Wow, this programme comes across completely differently when you're casual viewer like me. For instance, Malia seems great to me. Sandy as well. Jess scares me, with her comments about "evil Jess" and what she did to her ex etc. Tom seems like an a-hole, not worth it in the kitchen. I love Bugs and Alex. I'm glad to see Pete is pretty much invisible. Rob I'm not sure about, though I agree with Malia that it was stupid of him to talk about how out of it he is in front of his bosses. 

• Love 2

RE: the Neon Theme party (which I agree was tacky)...I assume the producers encourage the charter guests to come up with outrageous theme parties, dinner menus, special activities and shore excursions, etc. to make more interesting TV. I think it would get boring to watch 8 or 10 charters with no theme nights or weird requests. It makes sense to me that that's something the producers help them come up with.  

It also ridiculous that they spent all that time getting into a narrow slip just to load up the guests and leave again...that was purely for the TV drama. I assume in a non-televised scenario they would simply have used the tender to transfer the guests to the yacht! 

• Love 8
On 9/1/2020 at 1:15 PM, njbchlover said:

Everytime I see Malia, I keep waiting to hear background music of some heroic proportions ("Here she comes to save the day....."  LOL!)

Visions of Andy Kaufman and Mighty Mouse. Thanks for that. Now I can't get that little ditty out of my mind.

• LOL 8
On 9/2/2020 at 11:40 AM, Duke2801 said:

Would items on the deck of a yacht accumulate dust in just a matter of hours? I honestly don’t know—it seems they likely wouldn’t, but I’m no expert! 

They are in the middle of the ocean...where would dust come from? Water spots and dampness yes...dust nope.

• Love 3

Probably not if they were being used for the first time. But we have seen they just throw everything back in a bag without cleaning them, and they get used over and over again. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

I don’t care about Malia’s romantic relationships, but for those who do care, all she and Adam did was French kiss, confirmed by both Adam and Malia.

She’s a snake in the grass and would drive over her mother to advance her own interests. Ratting out her roommate in that shady, shitty manner, throwing a hissy fit (On deck and in public!) when she can’t bunk with her boyfriend, treating her crew like shit, and toadying up to Sandy for obvious preferential treatment are the basis of my feelings. I realize some people believe she slept her way up, I don’t, but I don’t like my legitimate feelings of dislike simply reduced to slut-shaming. She deserves the hate because she’s an unprofessional, snake who has publicly demeaned Hannah and her crew to advance her own selfish desires.

ETA: I reread this and have to ask myself why I am so worked up about Malia. Maybe someone did something similar to me in the past and it's bring up unresolved feelings. Malia advances her career while behaving so horribly, it just seems so unfair!

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/malia-white-adam-glick-relationship-before-below-deck-mediterranean-revealed-video

For me, it's emotionally stringing people along -- not the sex or lack of.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Mountainair said:

I may be wrong but didn’t Rob say the ex had reached out and it had him rethinking his Bali plans before he even told Jess about it? 
Jess bugs me mainly because she is so damn slow at everything she does. It’s like watching a snail work. Move!!!

He's definitely not done with his ex.  And he wasn't done with his ex before he and Jess started flirting?  If I were Jess, you're starting off on a red flag even if he did break up with her.

I understand that people care about their exes, but at some point it's more damaging right after a break up to keep in contact with your ex.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, stcroix said:

I'm not her biggest fan etiher.  She does reek of porn star to me.  . 

Plus, anyone that brags her last relationship break up didn't go well b/c she destroyed his house tells me all I need to know about her.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Probably not if they were being used for the first time. But we have seen they just throw everything back in a bag without cleaning them, and they get used over and over again. 

Let’s not forget that the red glass stones used on the dinner table for the baseball theme had previously been used to decorate the bed in the master for Malia and Tom. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

He's definitely not done with his ex.  And he wasn't done with his ex before he and Jess started flirting?  If I were Jess, you're starting off on a red flag even if he did break up with her.

I understand that people care about their exes, but at some point it's more damaging right after a break up to keep in contact with your ex.

Am I making it up or at the beginning of the season (possibly 1st episode), didn't Rob say he and his girlfriend were in an open relationship so he was free to pursue anyone he chose?  Then when he saw Jess may reciprocate the girlfriend status suddenly changed to ex?  True or am I trying to start drama where there was none?  

PS.  I have quit this season so I have not watched the last two episodes and apologize if new and more accurate info was given.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

Am I making it up or at the beginning of the season (possibly 1st episode), didn't Rob say he and his girlfriend were in an open relationship so he was free to pursue anyone he chose?  Then when he saw Jess may reciprocate the girlfriend status suddenly changed to ex?  True or am I trying to start drama where there was none?  

PS.  I have quit this season so I have not watched the last two episodes and apologize if new and more accurate info was given.

YES!  You are so right.  I forgot about that!

I don't understand her fascination with him.  He's odd and brooding.  

• Love 5
On 9/1/2020 at 7:59 PM, Kayz Opinion said:

And she didn’t sleep with Wes she just made out with him a few times.

Just like she claimed she never f'd Adam. Then the truth came out. Malia is every bit as skanky and shady as Adam. 

And just MOO but who knows what/how "close" Malia's relationship was/is with Sandy. Both of them are snakes in the grass.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:
On 9/1/2020 at 7:59 PM, Kayz Opinion said:

Just like she claimed she never f'd Adam. Then the truth came out. Malia is every bit as skanky and shady as Adam. 

According to the video posted above Malia and Adam both say they didn’t actually have sex. Also, Malia and Wes never shared a bed or stayed off the boat for a night.  They would have 100% showed if they did more than kiss, even if they didn’t have the video (is Hannah and the guest, Rocky and Eddie).

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

9 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Exactly! I was just coming on here to say the same thing! Jess knowingly got involved w/ a man who was in an 'it's complicated' relationship. Now, she wants him to "Just block the bitch"!? Girl, bye! I would actually have less respect for him if he did that. So, what? She wants him to ghost the woman? That's immature and unhealthy and she wouldn't like it if it was done to her.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm not her biggest fan etiher.  She does reek of porn star to me.  . 

Plus, anyone that brags her last relationship break up didn't go well b/c she destroyed his house tells me all I need to know about her.

When Jess said that, I had chills down my spine. She has some serious problems.

11 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

YES!  You are so right.  I forgot about that!

I don't understand her fascination with him.  He's odd and brooding.  

I wish Rob would OPEN HIS MOUTH when he speaks, for crying out loud. Stop the mumbling!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 9/1/2020 at 6:58 PM, Stuffy said:

I saw Bugsy had on white gloves during service, and I think Hannah was right last year. They are not a good look. They looked like Mickey Mouse gloves. 

I think she had the gloves on because the plates were "too hot" to carry without them.

• Love 3
On 9/3/2020 at 11:58 AM, Real Housewife LI said:

They are in the middle of the ocean...where would dust come from? Water spots and dampness yes...dust nope.

We used to have a cabin cruiser, 32 foot, and it was filthy.  We cleaned twice a day and it was still gross.  Wind blows yucky stuff, the water smells of fish........

On 9/3/2020 at 9:30 PM, biakbiak said:

According to the video posted above Malia and Adam both say they didn’t actually have sex.

Well of course they BOTH say it.  Who wants to look like an idiot?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Well of course they BOTH say it.  Who wants to look like an idiot?

I don’t know what is foolish about two single consenting adults having sex. They are the only ones who know and Adam never stated they had sex, only that things had gotten physical which doesn’t necessarily mean sex.

• Love 2
On 8/31/2020 at 6:25 PM, FlyingEgret said:

Was Cap really leaning out the window of the bridge taking pictures/selfies while sailing to Ibiza?  I know it's a little thing, but what happened to staying alert and focused at all times while on the bridge???

Because the adderall she used to take while piloting the boat caused her heat attack. 

• LOL 1
On 8/31/2020 at 11:45 PM, njbchlover said:

Anyway, Malia was one busy little bee this episode - doing her bosun thing, guiding Sandy into and right back out of that tiny docking space

one thing I noticed that not only were the crew on the Wellington actively putting the bumpers (or whatever they are called) out between the boats, so were the crew on the two ships next door. Not surprising, but are crew always available to do that for some other boat coming in?

• Love 1