Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E17: Danger Close

• Start Topic

Josh and Casey race to haul pots as engine failure threatens their delivery window. As seawater destroys his hydraulic motors, Junior attempts a risky high seas delivery of three new motors. Harley and his crew bang heads over his fishing strategy.

15 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

Josh and Casey races to haul pots as engine failure threatens their his delivery window.  Josh is concerned whether filming out of sequence will make his beard look weird.  (Yes.)

FIFY.  LOL.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

So Junior finds a nearby boat with not one, not two, but three spare fuel pumps aboard that they are more than happy to give away while Junior carries no spares.

Right!  Too bad they brought him back.  He's still an a**hole.

Loving Captain Harley.  No drama.  No nonsense.  No overinflated ego.  Takes care of his crew.

I know a lot of posters hate Josh, but I have an irrational soft spot for him.  Must be because of Phil.  Casey is totally the brains of this operation.

Editing played around at Josh's expense :)  First, clean shaving (well, the area above the line--you know) and then beard growing in, then back to clean, all the while talking about whatever shit he was spewing.

I don't have a soft spot for Josh because of Phil.   Josh has been riding his dad's coattails long enough and he has proven that he is nothing more than a fame-whore.  Phil was not the nicest person nor was he a dad when the boys were growing up but Phil was lovable on DC. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iluvobx said:

Editing played around at Josh's expense 🙂 First, clean shaving (well, the area above the line--you know) and then beard growing in, then back to clean, all the while talking about whatever shit he was spewing.

I don't have a soft spot for Josh because of Phil.   Josh has been riding his dad's coattails long enough and he has proven that he is nothing more than a fame-whore. 

Problem in the engine room . . . CASEY fixes it.  Again.

All we ever see Josh do is occasionally sit in the chair on the starboard side, but mostly sitting on the port side, twirling his cap and displaying the various stages of whisker growth.  And cussing.  And guffawing.

It's often said of reality shows that they are edited to fit the producer's script.  But they can't film you doing what you never do . . . like working, fixing the engine, etc.  That engine room is tight.  They don't need useless space fillers there, especially if there's a problem.  So I suspect they don't want Josh there for filming purposes if there's a real problem.

Now . . . if they store the extra beer in the engine room, they may TRY to send him down there to get that.  But he'd promptly assign it to someone else, because that guy is not gonna break a sweat for anything.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I hope the Handler owners have a great collection agency.  

The Lady Alaska was 165 miles SE of the CM.  She had significant icing.  The CM had not an ounce of ice on her.  Reversed polarity.  Ugh.

Harley went 50 miles to his honey hole.  How did that cost "thousands" in fuel?  500 gallons?  Right.  Wherever he went, he had to run the engines by setting and retrieving pots.  Well, unless the currents are ridiculously different, the fuel used would be the same.    

Great seamanship to transfer the engines.  Disco's edit was lousy.  Why did we never see the dropping of the gear onto the deck from that camera which was perched on the wheelhouse?  We got ground level/side views.  Then, back to the best camera view as the crew tried to detach the gear from the crane rope - and that was barely a glance.  This was easily the most interesting video of the ep, but we got endless yak yak from the CM "owner."  Turrible.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

The constant invocation of 'the old man' is cringeworthy.

Amen. I believe it hit its peak during this episode with not one, not two, but three loving camera shots of the portrait of legendary captain Saint Phil of Cornelia.

I mean, come on Discovery. The guy has been dead for over ten years and you're still milking his pic in every episode to try to score points. What's next, having Josh and Casey genuflect in front of the pic before setting each string? 

NEWS FLASH - Whatever talent Phil had did not translate to either of his sons, even though one of them regularly tries to capitalize on it. 

I feel sorry for Casey having to put up with him each season and act like they're best buds. Discovery must be paying him a lot.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, dsteele said:

NEWS FLASH - Whatever talent Phil had did not translate to either of his sons, even though one of them regularly tries to capitalize on it. 

To be fair . . . the other son inherited Phil's penchant for being a drug addict.

• Love 4