Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E08: AGT: Best of Auditions

• Start Topic

Because someone told me last week that my posts were a highlight here...😊 (though you might be disappointed tonight.)

• @Superclam - Definitely watching with one eye, if that. 👁️
  • I did finally catch the sweater sisters in the audience getting attacked by the flag, though, so that was fun.
  • Muted the spoken word guy 'cuz I'm not in the mood to cry again.
  • Left it muted 'cuz no sword swallowing, please (even though I otherwise liked him as a performer).
  • Unmuted Christina Rae but was ready to mute again because I remembered Simon did his shenanigans with her but they edited that part out and only kept her second song, thank goodness.
  • Wandered away for a bit...
  • Came back to mute diabolo brothers once they started talking...(but not before noticing their names are Marco and Marc? really?)
  • Forgot to unmute through the next intro and wasn't paying attention but then realized it was the choir so...mute.
  • When a ten-year-old says "when I was little"...🙄 Then she starts babbling so I find my handy mute button again.
  • Nursery Rhyme impressionist still entertained me (still couldn't identify the voices if my life depended on it), but the audience reaction was ridiculous.
  • Next week we get to watch them decide who goes to the live shows via a giant screen while sitting in socially-distanced director's chairs. That sounds like fun.

This was such a quiet show tonight, for some reason...

6 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I selected it on the dvr, saw that it was a best of auditions, then immediately deleted it. 

You didn't miss anything.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

You didn't miss anything.

Ha! You beat me to it by about 5 seconds. Absolutely no new material, just a handful of the "best" performances. Not even a montage of bad performances. Interestingly enough, not a single showing of any of last week's Zoom performances. 

8 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Muted the spoken word guy 'cuz I'm not in the mood to cry again.

This was actually a fairly powerful performance. I can't imagine where he's going next with this. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Ha! You beat me to it by about 5 seconds. Absolutely no new material, just a handful of the "best" performances. Not even a montage of bad performances. Interestingly enough, not a single showing of any of last week's Zoom performances. 

It was all the golden buzzers and a bunch of four-yes performances, I think.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

My face looks like it belongs on a depression pamphlet after every episode of this shite, not that I watched this one - wasn't there a best of episode like 2 weeks ago? No matter how bad it is, I'd rather be able to write about it, since that's worth having to watch an hour of garbage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, InternetToughGuy said:

My face looks like it belongs on a depression pamphlet after every episode of this shite, not that I watched this one - wasn't there a best of episode like 2 weeks ago? No matter how bad it is, I'd rather be able to write about it, since that's worth having to watch an hour of garbage.

No, they reran Auditions 1 in between Auditions 6 and 7.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Because someone told me last week that my posts were a highlight here...😊 (though you might be disappointed tonight.)

LOL! That was ME! So thanks for recapping what I missed while I watched Andy Griffith and Prodigal Son reruns. You're the best, @ams1001!

• Love 3

So we got to hear "Listen to the Sounds of the Sidewalk" 3 times. 

This is preparing us for the spinoff:  America's Got Stockholm Syndrome.

(And I'm *impressed* that they had a choir of people struggling with housing, But the last time I remember hearing a choir on the radio was Madonna's Like a Prayer, or maybe the Glee soundtrack.  I don't know if that's just me, or if it's something else.  Choirs are a lot of people to pay, which is one of the challenges.)