Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Best Laid Plans

Anthony contemplates a job offer that would mean a move to Las Vegas. Evan finds his loyalties tested between Luly and his strong-willed mother. Oliver confronts Anthony about a deeply held personal secret that will rock the Perry family.

Airing Thursday, June 11, 2020.

Luly has said some things that still keep me seeing her as selfish. I loved that she stuck up for JJ. I would think the MIL's belief would hurt all of the Perry's - but Luly mentioned "how do you think that would make me feel?"  I do feel for Evan because he's in the middle. 

• Love 2

I’m watching basically because there’s NOTHING else to watch. In a underwhelming cast of people, I find Luly and Evan to be the worst. Neither of them have any compelling attributes that make me vested in them. They appear as children playing like they are adults.

No “family” I know has this many misfits who get along so swimmingly. 

• Love 3

The best part of this episode was the look on Robin's face when Anthony told her that his secret wasn't that he was in love with her.  I cackled like a hen. 

I do a lot of channel surfing on Thursdays before I give up and settle on watching this schmaltzy crapfest of a show.  A prime example of hate watching, lol.  I won't care at all if it's canceled. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Man, Luly and Evan are just the worst couple.  They have no chemistry.  They annoy me.  And the nerve of Evan scorning the dads (yes the 'council' is corny as hell) when just last week he was asking for money from them.  I legit anti-ship them.  LOL.

The show got the vibe if church exactly right.  Those church ladies.... chile.... Also Evan's mother saying 'God is my oncologist.'  I have heard a variable of in church so much.  I did like Luly coming to JJ's defense.

Also, can someone just roll up on you and threaten to call an inspector to see if a 1) house you own and 2) a house you are currently occupying is up to code?   I know new construction homes require a certificate of occupancy before owners can move in, but a house like this?  Also it was an 'as is government auction' if they chose not to occupy it and simply boarded it up and kept up on the taxes what then?  Geez.

I did like Charlotte's obsession with Nicholas Sparks and Margot bragging about dating a Brave very chance she got.

• Love 1

So the scene that was in an early preview of Anthony possibly having feelings for Robin turned out to be a misdirect. It will probably still come up later though, possibly as an end of season cliffhanger for an s2 that will never happen.

Lots of melodrama in this episode, of course a staple of this genre is the main characters making their problems the center of everything and more important then everyone else’s. Anthony, Luly, Evan, and his mother were all actively unlikeable this episode for various reasons, while Larry carried the show once again, he really is the saving grace of this series.

This show and Blindspot after it got beaten by FOX’s lineup of trashy reality shows, and whoever at NBC thought the two shows would be compatible with each other probably has never seen an episode of either show. They did renew Zoey due to its digital prescence but I doubt that will save Council of Dads.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Man, Luly and Evan are just the worst couple.  They have no chemistry.  They annoy me.  And the nerve of Evan scorning the dads (yes the 'council' is corny as hell) when just last week he was asking for money from them.  I legit anti-ship them.  LOL.

Honestly, they seem more like cousins to me, maybe even brother and sister.   

I know it's not gonna happen, but I wish Anthony would be gone for good if there's a season 2.  Poor Clive Standen, too bad Vikings doesn't need Rollo anymore.

Wait, Charlotte went from a prodigy who came out to her family as lesbian to Nicholas Sparks fanatic?

And Theo, who made the football team as a wide receiver with no experience other than throwing the ball around in the yard, is now the lead in Hamlet with no theater experience?  Does he attend a school with no more than 20 students?  

I can suspend disbelief with the best of y'all, but really?

And also, shouldn't the gay black couple be thinking about a somewhat older child, rather than an infant?  They just applied and abracadabra an expectant mother chose them? Oh-kaaay.

As you say, I'm watching because there's nothing else on and I can DVR.

Wait, Charlotte went from a prodigy who came out to her family as lesbian to Nicholas Sparks fanatic?

I have my husband watching as well and he looked at me like I kicked a puppy when I voiced irritation at the coming out story.  There are so many other ways to flesh out this character - I just thought it was unnecessary.  I believe in representation - but Oliver and Peter's storyline, JJ's storyline - brings representation.  Overkill, that's the word.

They are bringing another child into this story line - when half the time Tess is missing.  Peter was watching Hope at the church function, Oliver was there,  - WHERE WAS TESS?!

I see that this show is between a rock and a hard place.  Even with shows, I hate, I appreciate closure.  They are moving quickly through the "year" of service and I understand they are tying the storylines up just in case the show is cancelled.  What if it is though? Is there enough to carry through other seasons. 

I will admit - I like this better than This is Us.  

• Love 1
On 6/15/2020 at 6:34 PM, chabelisaywow said:

I have my husband watching as well and he looked at me like I kicked a puppy when I voiced irritation at the coming out story.  There are so many other ways to flesh out this character - I just thought it was unnecessary.  I believe in representation - but Oliver and Peter's storyline, JJ's storyline - brings representation.  Overkill, that's the word.

They are bringing another child into this story line - when half the time Tess is missing.  Peter was watching Hope at the church function, Oliver was there,  - WHERE WAS TESS?!

I see that this show is between a rock and a hard place.  Even with shows, I hate, I appreciate closure.  They are moving quickly through the "year" of service and I understand they are tying the storylines up just in case the show is cancelled.  What if it is though? Is there enough to carry through other seasons. 

I will admit - I like this better than This is Us.  

I think they explained that Tess was visiting her birth mother at some point in the episode.

I didn't make it thru one episode of This is Us.  Felt like it was sponsored by Kleenex.  This show makes me think more than cry.  If it's cancelled, I will forget it in a month.  But will keep it on my DVR to record and watch when nothing else is on.