Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Heart Medicine

(edited)

Charlotte's brother is trans and her mom's best friend is gay and no one has an issue with that. Why was she afraid to tell them she's a lesbian?

And Tess's dads are gay, so again, why would Charlotte think Tess might have a problem with her best friend being a lesbian?

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Charlotte's brother is trans and her mom's best friend is gay and no one has an issue with that. Why was she afraid to tell them she's a lesbian?

And Tess's dads are gay, so again, why would Charlotte think Tess might have a problem with her best friend being a lesbian?

For real, this is the most LGBTQ friendly family on the planet. Next episode we will see baby Hope’s first words where she comes out as bisexual as a 1 yr old.

The “large group of the cast nervously waits in a hospital while one member has surgery/is having a baby/etc.” is one of my least favorite TV tropes ever and every show in this genre does it”. In real life nobody wants that many people hanging out at the hospital waiting for them. 

Evan being at a “government homeowners seminar” is one of the most convoluted reasons for “we can’t afford to pay this actor who is a recurring character to appear in this episode” ever. Searching “government homeowners seminar” yields no hits on Google though I’m sure it is a thing somewhere.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, possibilities said:

As someone who's oldest and dearest friend came out of the closet, the revelation certainly gave me pause.  Not because I love my friend any less for being true to themselves, but because I didn't know what that meant for me.  It's a bit selfish on my part.  And not the reaction I was hoping I would have to someone's coming out story.  Intellectually, I understood and supported what I was hearing.  And because I love my friend, I was happy for them.   But, I still wondered what it meant for me as a straight person (though I hate that term, it sorta implies everything else is crooked).  Did all the times we said "love you" mean anything more than friendship/family or did it mean something else to my friend.  And because I wanted to be supportive, I never asked.  At some point, I know we will have that conversation, but when someone is revealing their truth....it is not the time to say "what about me".  So I get the Charlotte being nervous about the Tess part.  People's emotions are what they are.  And they can't always be explained intellectually.

• Love 3

Evan being at a “government homeowners seminar” is one of the most convoluted reasons for “we can’t afford to pay this actor who is a recurring character to appear in this episode” ever. Searching “government homeowners seminar” yields no hits on Google though I’m sure it is a thing somewhere.

I just thought it would be more of an explanation for why she called Anthony instead of him.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:21 AM, gsnrocks92 said:

In real life nobody wants that many people hanging out at the hospital waiting for them.

An adult maybe.  But I've actually experienced differently.   Especially when the person in surgery is a child.  My younger sister was hit by a car and needed surgery. Our entire ass family was there waiting.  We wanted to be there, not at home.  The staff was great to us.

I am glad that Charlotte collapsing wasn't just added drama but the result of a congenital heart condition that the family had dealt with for years.  I don't recall that being mentioned before, but it may have and I missed it. 

I have really like Robin and Ollie's friendship throughout this series.  And this episode added to that.  I loved their conversation about 'favorite' among kids and Robin's reasoning.  I have to admit, even though I do love my kids equally, my oldest is "my kid" while my youngest is totally my husband's. 

Even amongst the drama I thought Tess and Charlotte's little fight was a welcome bit of simple teenage mundanity. It was nice seeing a bit more of Tess.

Didn't miss Evan one bit.

Loved JJ running right past Robin to hug the doctor.  LOL.

Luly's "my whole life is built on a lie."  Oh girl, stop being so damn dramatic.  You grew up with your dad a man you adored.  These people, as nice as they are, were strangers to her and I thought her reaction to learning about Anthony's testimony was out of proportion.  I am glad she did realize she was being a titch unreasonable given her family and life, but she has nothing to forgive Anthony for.  The people who he really hurt were the couple who adopted her.

I know, it seems real weird that Charlotte would feel nervous about coming out to her super woke family super diverse family. But it gave us that last  scene.  Very sweet and schmaltzy and on brand for this show, but dang it, sometimes that it what you need to see.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I know, it seems real weird that Charlotte would feel nervous about coming out to her super woke family super diverse family. But it gave us that last  scene.  Very sweet and schmaltzy and on brand for this show, but dang it, sometimes that it what you need to see.

They had me rolling my eyes one minute, and wiping them the next, ugh.  I am so easily manipulated!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

On 6/5/2020 at 5:33 AM, kirkola said:

As someone who's oldest and dearest friend came out of the closet, the revelation certainly gave me pause.  Not because I love my friend any less for being true to themselves, but because I didn't know what that meant for me.  It's a bit selfish on my part.  And not the reaction I was hoping I would have to someone's coming out story.  Intellectually, I understood and supported what I was hearing.  And because I love my friend, I was happy for them.   But, I still wondered what it meant for me as a straight person (though I hate that term, it sorta implies everything else is crooked).  Did all the times we said "love you" mean anything more than friendship/family or did it mean something else to my friend.  And because I wanted to be supportive, I never asked.  At some point, I know we will have that conversation, but when someone is revealing their truth....it is not the time to say "what about me".  So I get the Charlotte being nervous about the Tess part.  People's emotions are what they are.  And they can't always be explained intellectually.

No, it didn't mean anything else.  When your parents says they love you, does that mean they want to sleep with you?  Of course not.  Your friend knows you're straight, they have no interest in you sexually.  Does that mean they can't say I love you?  Please don't have the coversation with your friend; it will be nothing but hurtful to them.

I'm very glad you asked the question here.  There are many types of "I love you."  Your friend loves you.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 4