Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: A United Front

• Start Topic

(edited)

Second episode. I feel I'm right in my judgement so far of Dana Sue. She continues to grate by lashing out at everyone around her. 

I like the other two though.

I think it's just that I only know him from Grey's as Mathew, April's dull as dishwater fiancée, but I can't take Justin Bruenig seriously as a love interest.

Jesus, Noreen, surely it's common sense that if you've had an affair with a married man, he's left his kids and the entire town knows and is talking about it, you don't start trying to publicly mother the kids at school events while their mother is sitting there. Are people that stupid?

Edited by Avabelle
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 2:08 PM, Avabelle said:

Jesus, Noreen, surely it's common sense that if you've had an affair with a married man, he's left his kids and the entire town knows and is talking about it, you don't start trying to publicly mother the kids at school events while their mother is sitting there. Are people that stupid?

This so much. I was mostly indifferent to her in the first episode but I officially wanted someone to punch her in the face in this episode. Honestly, at one point I almost wondered if Noreen was a bit simple.

Because I just couldn't understand anyone being THIS delusional. That they would truly believe after fucking a married man, getting knocked up and his leaving his wife for her, that his oldest child with his wife would be thrilled to have her there screaming and cheering obnoxiously at his game. Like bitch really? Honestly I would not have blamed Tyler if he'd yelled at her from the mound, to shut the fuck up.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 2:08 PM, Avabelle said:

I think it's just that I only know him from Grey's as Mathew, April's dull as dishwater fiancée, but I can't take Justin Bruenig seriously as a love interest.

I know him from being the very cute Jamie Martin on All My Children and the very cute Teddy in a Lifetime movie called the March Sisters at Christmas so I do not have this problem. I was so rooting for him and Jo even though I knew it was hopeless. So I am totally feeling this.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

This kind of show is normally way too saccharine for me, but there's not much else on, and I liked JoAnna Garcia in The Astronaut Wives Club, so I'm giving this a go. It's watchable enough, but I'm having problems with it glossing over some important details. For example, last episode it sounded like Maddie needed a paying job in order to provide for herself and her kids after the divorce, but now she's going in on a business that presumably requires her to put up an investment and won't generate a steady income until it's profitable. It sounded like Helen and Dana Sue bought the property, but it still requires renovation, purchasing equipment and supplies, hiring staff, etc. The startup cost could easily go into seven figures. Helen and DS can probably get a line of credit since they're both successful business owners already, but what does Maddie bring to the table other than a marketing degree she's never used? It would make more sense if it was Helen and DS owning the business and hiring Maddie as an employee.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:08 AM, Avabelle said:

Second episode. I feel I'm right in my judgement so far of Dana Sue. She continues to grate by lashing out at everyone around her. 

I agree, and the worst part is, there's no explanation why she acts that way (another example of the show glossing over important details). She's a successful businesswoman with a lovely daughter and great friendships, so her life can't be *that* miserable.

On 5/24/2020 at 4:27 PM, truthaboutluv said:

This so much. I was mostly indifferent to her in the first episode but I officially wanted someone to punch her in the face in this episode. Honestly, at one point I almost wondered if Noreen was a bit simple.

I also got the impression that she's supposed to be simple, mostly because Bill is the kind of guy who feels threatened by intelligent women. It doesn't make sense that the show made her a nurse though, since nursing requires a college degree.

• Love 3

Seems like Bill is missing Maddie. He saw how Coach Maddox & Maddie were looking at each other. 

I'm glad that Dana Sue offered Erik the position as assistant chef. It was obvious that he would have been a perfect choice. I would like to see Erik with Helen. I'd think they'd make a nice couple. 

I like the dynamic of the ladies. 

The Riley Finn effect. Since I hate April, I couldn't be bothered about him even less.