Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: What Fools These Mortals Be

• Start Topic

(edited)

So have they dropped Eric/Helen in favour of Eric/Dana Sue.. if he can soften her up I’m all for it. 

Bill is so clueless. I kind of wish he had a bit more depth but I guess given that he abandoned his wife and three kids we should have expected this. Not surprised at all that Noreen left him.

Awww poor Kyle, my heart breaks for him a bit. He’s so sweet.

Edited by Avabelle
  • Love 5

Ouch, poor Kyle, Bill took off without even a second thought, and now Noreen, who is really clicked with, is leaving. I can get annoyed with Kyle's constant angst and hipster tendencies, but he is really a pretty sweet kid. 

Yeah, it turns out that the guy you started sleeping with while he was married with three kids who went on to leave them when you got knocked up turned out to not be such a great guy, go figure. Noreen clearly made a lot of really bad, stupid choices, and a lot of her problems are of her own making, but I did end up feeling bad for her. She was just so lonely in the town where everyone clearly cant stand her, a fiance who ignores her, far from her family, I am not surprised that she left. I suppose she will have to at least have some kind of custody thing with Bill, but who knows. 

This whole weird semi love triangle with Ty/Annie/Kyle is a mess. 

• Love 4
On 5/21/2020 at 5:53 PM, tennisgurl said:

I suppose she will have to at least have some kind of custody thing with Bill, but who knows. 

I'm sure she will and if nothing else, it seems like she wants to stay in touch with Kyle, so that'll make it more likely she'll have Bill in the child's life. In any case, I'm sure if there's a Season 2 of the show, Noreen will be back. 

On 5/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, Avabelle said:

Bill is so clueless.

Seriously. I really felt like Bill and Noreen were perfect for each other, for the number of times these two idiots just made the most clueless, asinine choices. Like Noreen thinking Tyler would appreciate her all up at his baseball games. 

On 5/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, Avabelle said:

Awww poor Kyle, my heart breaks for him a bit. He’s so sweet.

I'm just glad he didn't do it publicly at the play. I was cringing just thinking it would happen. The saddest part is how completely not into Kyle Annie is. Like there was no second you ever got even a suggestion of a possibility of that happening from her end. She just seemed so completely and utterly clueless. 

On 5/21/2020 at 5:53 PM, tennisgurl said:

This whole weird semi love triangle with Ty/Annie/Kyle is a mess. 

There's a triangle? Because right now it just looks like Tyler has completely friend zoned Annie and completely moved on to CeCe. Hell it's not even friend zone as it looks like they don't even speak since the whole situation with the call happened and Tyler's fine with that. 

Meanwhile Annie has no romantic interest in Kyle whatsoever, so that's not happening. I actually don't think the situation is so weird and instead makes perfect sense for how the three grew up. 

Because of their mothers' friendship, they've been attached to each other their whole lives, even if they have their own interests and outside cliques. There was bound to be feelings somewhere. And at least it's not as messy as the one in Little Fires Everywhere. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I know this is based off a romance novel and in those a cheating spouse can never be viewed sympathetically but even with that in mind, Bill is just an idiot. 

But worse, I get the impression the show wants us to be sorry for Noreen.  I can't.  Girl you fucked a married man and got pregnant and now you are blaming him for it all not working out all rainbows and sunshine.  Between the two of them they don't have a working brain cell.

High school is hard, but Annie has to be one of the sad-sackiest teens I've come across recently.

I am still surprised about Helen and Ryan.  I thought for sure we were getting a Helen/Eric thing.  But now it looks like they might be moving toward Eric and Dana Sue.  Which is probably a good thing because he is probably the only person that can put up with Dana Sue.

Kyle and CeCe are the only ones of the younger set I actually like.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Just came here to say Bill is a turd. He was actually balking at a moderately priced car seat after buying a 16 yo a brand new car??? I’m glad he ended up alone in a crappy apartment. He deserves it. I’m glad Noreen left him - first time in 8 episodes she showed she has more than two brain cells floating around up there.

• Love 6
On 5/26/2020 at 2:55 PM, DearEvette said:

But worse, I get the impression the show wants us to be sorry for Noreen.  I can't.  Girl you fucked a married man and got pregnant and now you are blaming him for it all not working out all rainbows and sunshine.  Between the two of them they don't have a working brain cell.

Right? She gets a sympathetic edit, but.... no.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:21 AM, Ilovepie said:

Just came here to say Bill is a turd. He was actually balking at a moderately priced car seat after buying a 16 yo a brand new car??? I’m glad he ended up alone in a crappy apartment. He deserves it. I’m glad Noreen left him - first time in 8 episodes she showed she has more than two brain cells floating around up there.

When it turned out the car seat was a Graco, I laughed. Their most expensive car seats aren’t that much!

16 minutes ago, deaja said:

When it turned out the car seat was a Graco, I laughed. Their most expensive car seats aren’t that much!

Exactly! My youngest just turned 11 in April, so I haven’t bought a car seat in that many years, but they were similarly priced when I had to buy one over a decade ago. He’s pretty stupid for a man that made it through medical school.....

• Love 2

I do not feel sorry for the mistress turned new mother and wife. I was a bit, until she expected this guy to put HER first, before the children that he already has. Not that buying the car was smart, either. Oh, she wants a dream house, so screw his kids and their needs? Except for the one that she's carrying, that is.