Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: A Voice in the Dark

• Start Topic

Tia unleashes a deadly attack on Bristol Cove. Ryn, Ben and Maddie race against time to find a cure for Xander's mysterious illness, while anticipating Tia's next move. Baby Hope returns to land to reconnect with Ryn.

Original airdate: 5/21/20

I have to question whether Ben crashing his car saved more people's lives or killed more people. Even if the car didn't knock out the electric power and only stopped the cell phones, I would still question if Ben saved more people's lives or killed more people. Either way Ben will have a lot of explaining to do to the police. And now Maddie can't hear back from Robb if he has a healing cave.

• Love 1

I was with Ben when Hope was running around Helen's shop breaking things left and right. Someone tell her to stop! It's fine to be curious and to look at things. It's not fine to break stuff that isn't yours. I couldn't believe that Ryn and the other mermaids were just standing there watching Hope do it and saying NOTHING. I did laugh when she hissed at the dog though, just because it was such a mermaid thing to do. 

As much as I agreed with Ben's dad about not having his friend hit a button to turn off all cell service in the middle of a crisis, it was pretty obvious that his main motivation was being petty because of what Helen had said earlier about how he had no power in this situation. I know Ben was trying to keep more people from hearing Tia's message, but crashing his car into the power station was pretty reckless. What about all the people who have medical equipment that needs to be plugged in? Not everyone has a generator at home, Ben!

And on the off chance that Robb's people have a place like Ryn's, Maddie didn't tell him that's what she needed which means that if he is still alive and he gets her message, he can't record the healing sound before coming back.

• Love 5

Apparently mermaid genetics are quite wacky.....blond hair blue eyed kid (ok I get the eye thing is kind of "their" thing) came from dark hair mother and darker skin maybe mixed father?  Anyway I was hoping Hunter wouldn't take her but also kind of saw it coming...

• Love 3

I can't believe NONE of them saw the thing with Hunter coming. 

Also not cool to let Hope run around the store damaging things. 

If a dad has to die, my daughter volunteers Ted. 

Didn't realize how much I liked Jerry until he got Tia'ed. 

But seriously, Tia is more dangerous to the merepeople than humans are...Someone needs to take this bitch out. 

Ted, in a hospital looking at Xander hooked up to a bunch of tubes with imagery of his brain hanging up and doctors running around: "He needs MEDICAL care!" 

I want to play "best hunter in the ocean" with Cammi. That is all. 

PS- we're fostering a mother dog. My daughter named most of the puppies after characters. Meet Ryn, Cammi, and Hope.

image.png.30d6605a3657bfe4d68097e300681bff.png 

image.png.d54e89ae24aba08c8195736713cfc101.pngimage.png.bb85ddcf2c8bcbb2814b3413ae814bc0.png

• Love 3
19 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

Apparently mermaid genetics are quite wacky.....blond hair blue eyed kid (ok I get the eye thing is kind of "their" thing) came from dark hair mother and darker skin maybe mixed father?  

That's normal recessive genetics aka those good old Punnett squares from high school biology. Two parents with dark hair can have a child with dark hair (which is dominant) or a child with blonde or red hair (both of which are recessive). Ryn has dark hair so Hope had a 25% chance of having light hair.

I don't remember what color eyes Hope's father had but since Ryn has blue eyes (which is recessive), Hope had at least a 50% chance of having blue eyes (the odds are greater if the father had light colored eyes).

punnett_square_eyes_yourgenome.thumb.png.267174e511c3c019c8e2856b741a83c3.png

I want to play Best Hunter in the Ocean with Cammi! I would get my ass kicked, but it would be worth it! 

Poor Xander, and poor sweet Jerry. Tia needs to be stopped ASAP, she has found a way to be a huge threat and now she has Hope. Yeah, probably should have seen that coming with Hunter. 

Bens dad might have had a point about turning off the cell towers, and Ben might have just caused as many problems as he solved, but at least Ben was trying to do something to help people, while Bens dad was just being petty because Helen told him he couldn't do anything, and because he of his hate on for the merfolk. 

Hope is cute, and its great to see Levi and the guys, but someone needs to tell Hope not to break things on land!

• Love 1

Who is Jerry?  Is he the guy that works with Maddie, in their lab, and is a bit sweet on her?

I'm surprised "Petty Ted" hasn't gotten a megaphone and announced to Bristol Cove, "There are REAL mermaids among us!!".  Ted needs a phone call from Tia.  He will not be missed.

• Love 1