Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: If Only You Knew

• Start Topic

(edited)

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like Steve." Oh man, that made me laugh out loud.

The wig on Judy continues to bug. 

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Linda Cardelini had a beautiful acting moment here. When she found out about that woman being pregnant, she wanted to be angry with her but then just through her facials, was able to show her realization that she isn't the enemy here. And the other woman or man should never be considered the villain when they are also clearly in the dark.

• Love 14
On 5/23/2020 at 9:36 AM, Racj82 said:

Linda Cardelini had a beautiful acting moment here. When she found out about that woman being pregnant, she wanted to be angry with her but then just through her facials, was able to show her realization that she isn't the enemy here.

She did a great job this episode - I also loved the moment at the end when she was drunk and crying and confronting Perez on the beach. You really felt for her, yet it was funny and made me laugh. Also when she caught a glimpse of Jen smooching Ben, and you could totally see what she was thinking without any dialogue.

Whatever the plot machinations have been this season, I've continued to enjoy the performances.

• Love 9

I loved Ben and Judy bonding over what horrible friends Steve had.

Although Jen told Judy that helping with the Vigil would make them look extra not guilty, I think that 90% of her motivation was that she couldn't bear to see Ben so upset.

Wow, Ben and Steve's mom is quite a pill. I should cut her some slack since her favorite son is missing but her interaction with Judy was terrible. I wonder if she was as mean to Ben when her kids were growing up.

Jen was worried that Judy's guilt would be what led to Judy spilling the beans to someone, but her obvious guilt after hearing Steve's mom talk about how terrible it was for a mother to not know if her son was dead or alive made me think that maybe Jen will be the one to crack.

But just as Jen told Judy she can't be involved with the new girl (I keep forgetting her name) because of her close connection to the case, Jen really can't get involved with Ben. How could she ever have more than a casual friendship with someone whose brother she murdered? The guilt would eat her alive and then she would end up confessing. Then again, Judy and Jen have become BFFs and Jen forgave Judy so maybe Jen can find love with Ben. OMG I just realized that if they get together, they would be the next Bennifer and that just can't happen so run away, Jen!

• LOL 8