Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Who Can I Turn To?

With the pressure of the Meta Gala, Katy feels pulled between her new roles; Pepper goes head-to-head with her foe by making a splash at the Meta Gala to help promote Josie and the Pussycats, and The Pepper Plant; KO asks for Katy's help.

Promo:

Original air date: 4/30/20

No one on this show knows how sewing works. There’s no way Katy would have been able to turn out that gown in 24??? hours!  There’s no way the client would be like “actually can we change this entire gown” the day before the event like everything is finalized months in advance I just am so stressed out thinking about all of it. 

anyway, I hope Amanda and Katy can keep working together. There’s no reason for this show to keep having them at each others throats. 

Josie ! 😍

Pepper 😬

I really empathize with Jorge. I’m not a drag queen, but I am the Gay One and it’s weird. It’s hard. I love him and his mom’s relationship 

• Love 3

Finally caught up on this show! Its really bizarre to see a show that is set in a relatively realistic New York set in the same universe as Riverdale (and possibly Sabrina) with even occational references to the insanity that is life in Riverdale. 

Casey Wilson as herself is super random, but Casey is always welcome. 

I have no clue why Katy is into Guy, other than they both work in and love fashion. He comes across as really smug and dickish to me, KO seems like a much better guy. His worst trait seems to be that he is the only person in the world who doesn't know that Xandra sucks. 

I am glad that it seems like the jig is up with Pepper, especially before she could screw Alex and Josie over. Even if she is trying to go legit now, I dont trust her in the slightest, even with her friends. 

• Love 2

I laughed every time someone referred to the faux Met Gala as the Meta Gala.

Part of me feels bad for Pepper because she is clearly terrified of being exposed for the fraud that she is. The other part of me doesn't feel bad for her at all because she's the one who put herself in that position by pretending to be who she is. As much as she professes to love her friends, we've seen that she will do anything to get the money she needs (which is why I was glad that Josie reminded Pepper that she promised the lead in Kiss of the Spider Woman to Xandra behind her back).

Pepper's take on the Fiji water girl wasn't the worst idea she's had. I was surprised that security let Josie play an entire song. Funny how on tv, backup singers without microphones can be heard clear as day!

Jorge sometimes annoys me but I really felt for him this week. His mom and brother were guilt tripping him to get him to make up with his father but in my eyes, Jorge has nothing to apologize for. It's not up to anyone but Jorge to decide what Jorge will or will not wear on his way home from drag shows or anywhere else. Yes, there are homophobic assholes out there but it's not Jorge's job to hide from them. His father telling him not to go out in public in drag for fear that he might get attacked is like blaming rape victims for wearing skirts. Just NO.

And as I said when Jorge's father initially brought this up a few weeks ago, you can't live your life by thinking of every worst case scenario because if those are the rules that the Lopez family is living by, then his brother shouldn't be a firefighter because he could die in a fire and his father shouldn't run the bodega because someone could come in with a gun to rob the place and shoot him. It's ludicrous to make life decisions based on the worst case scenario, but if that's how Jorge's father wants to play it then those rules need to apply to the entire family, not just Jorge.

I really don't understand why Katy is attracted to Guy at all. He was okay the night that they met but since then he's been a petulant drunken diva. How is that attractive at all?

Seeing Casey Wilson the same day that the Happy Endings reunion was announced made me laugh! I was waiting for her to say that her dress was ah-MAH-zing.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I really don't understand why Katy is attracted to Guy at all. He was okay the night that they met but since then he's been a petulant drunken diva. How is that attractive at all?

He's an inappropriate choice because of work and apparently that's a big turn on for her.  Have we seen a straight male that she has interacted with in her job that she hasn't slept with?  It's only been two, but it seems like the writers are creating a pattern, probably without thinking about it.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I keep tuning in but they’re losing me a little bit. 

I think they are doing too much drama too fast, taking away the fun of the first episode.  I am gradually tuning out...still in but probably not for long.  This is too early to lose steam but they are managing to do it.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, alexa said:

I think they are doing too much drama too fast, taking away the fun of the first episode.  I am gradually tuning out...still in but probably not for long.  This is too early to lose steam but they are managing to do it.

I keep holding on hoping it’ll return to the whimsy of the pilot episode but this is all over the place. Which sucks because the show has so much going for it. 

• Love 1