Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: The Phantom Apprentice

Ahsoka leads Republic clones to confront Maul’s forces on Mandalore, while Maul senses the impending chaos and makes a calculated play to ensure his own survival in “The Phantom Apprentice,”.

Wow. That lightsaber fight was amazing. The glass shattering, Ahsoka thinking about the offer, the Maul sizes hole in the wall and the fight in the roof trellis was just perfect. I loved that Maul compared Ahsoka to Obi Wan at one point, she really is the product of both Anakin and Obi Wan.

After last week’s episode, I rewatched Ahsoka’s trial. I don’t remember Obi Wan ever speaking up for Ahsoka. The tension between them is understandable-who wouldn’t feel betrayed by that. Their conversation was tense, and sad. Unless we see it, we can assume Obi Wan doesn’t talk to Anakin again until he’s turned. Which means he never passes along anything from Ahsoka.

I can’t wait for the last two episodes. Have we seen almost everything from the trailers? I think we might have seen most from the trailers. Dooku is dead so we’re definitely seeing Order 66. Maul has to escape at some point. We haven’t seen Ahsoka standing the room with (assumedly) Rex on the floor. I hope at some point we see Rex and Ahsoka fight together. I just love whenever they’re together. 

This is all so nerve-wracking. I do hope once these episodes are done they make them into one movie you can watch without interruption.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, paigow said:

Maul figured everything out...if Ahsoka helped him to kill Anakin & Palpatine, Episodes 7-9 would have been much better....

This episode definitely upped the ante for what-if situations. I would think that every time Palpatine or Anakin were in danger during this series. If they had died, what would have happened? What if Kenobi had shown up? Would he have been persuaded? What if Ahsoka warns him? So many what-ifs. This episode probably spawned hundreds of AU Fanfictions alone.

It kinda bums me out that Ahsoka probably never talks to Anakin again. I wonder if she or Rex talks one last time to Obi Wan...

The show plowed right into Revenge of the Sith with Kenobi reporting that Anakin took out Dooku.

I've been consistent in the tiredness of keeping of Maul around, but I'll give them credit for him recognizing that Palpatine was taking over. Maul was a Sith Lord. I was hoping the battle with Ahsoka was more batshit, but I think it was fair. Maul was better at sabers, but Ahsoka was more in touch with the force. 

14 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

Ahsoka thinking about the offer

That was key here. I would have liked a little more between them. They were both cast out. That warrants discussion as to who they really are. Maul buried the lead in a sense. She concluded that he would want to usurp Palpatine, and he did say his motivation was to get back at him. I guess that's his tragic flaw. His life was just revenge. I just don't see how that keeps him alive for this long. Especially at this point where he knows that Palpatine essentially 'won' with Vader. It's over at this point. We know he gets away. So what?

I don’t remember Obi Wan ever speaking up for Ahsoka.

If you mean the original run that led her to quit, no. iirc, he was all like, 'let the process' whatever, while Anakin was very much proving her innocence thinking she'd shrug it off and come back. 

Unless we see it, we can assume Obi Wan doesn’t talk to Anakin again until he’s turned.

Anakin killing Dooku is basically the turning point, so I don't think they talk until the final battle. 

8 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

It kinda bums me out that Ahsoka probably never talks to Anakin again.

She does in Rebels, from a certain point of view. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yeah. I know Ahsoka talks to Vader and reaches Anakin for like a heartbeat in Rebels-I was just wondering in the scope of this show if Ahsoka ever talks to Anakin again, but I don’t think so.

I love Filoni and his parallels. Kenobi battles Maul after losing his mentor-still wins basically lightsaberless. Ahsoka battles Maul wins lightsaberless but doesn’t know she’s about to lose her mentor.

It also blows my mind that the thread where Mace goes to arrest Palpatine to where Anakin agrees to be his apprentice is the same length of time as Ahsoka and Maul’s fight and her refusal to join Maul. It’s all over Twitter. I do think this is the nigh before Anakin falls to the darkside, I think Order 66 is still the next night in Ahsoka’s timeline.

Anakin is definitely the Phantom Apprentice. He was such the haunting ghost in this episode. He was brought up so many times for not actually being physically in the episode. I thought for a moment Ahsoka was because she left The Order but still acting like a Jedi. She debated joining Maul. It could have been her-but I think it was supposed to be Anakin.

16 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

Yeah. I know Ahsoka talks to Vader and reaches Anakin for like a heartbeat in Rebels-I was just wondering in the scope of this show if Ahsoka ever talks to Anakin again, but I don’t think so.

I just wanted to say the quote. 

I don't think Ahsoka can be considered an apprentice anymore. Not for a while. She beat a (former) Sith Lord with literally one hand. Although I don't know if that's saying much because old Kenobi basically ends him with a flick of the wrist. 

16 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

It also blows my mind that the thread where Mace goes to arrest Palpatine to where Anakin agrees to be his apprentice is the same length of time as Ahsoka and Maul’s fight and her refusal to join Maul.

How much time passes from Dooku to that? Because after Anankin chops off Mace's arm, Palapatine 'makes' him Vader (before the suit) right? Is she going to find out that Kenobi 'kills' him. She doens't figure out Anakin in the suit Vader until she's Fulcrum. 

Holy shit. She's been through some shit. 

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't think Ahsoka can be considered an apprentice anymore. Not for a while.

Maul thinks she should be his evil padewan...so Ahsoka is the Phantom Apprentice that Maul wants...

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

How much time passes from Dooku to that? Because after Anankin chops off Mace's arm, Palapatine 'makes' him Vader (before the suit) right? Is she going to find out that Kenobi 'kills' him. She doens't figure out Anakin in the suit Vader until she's Fulcrum. 

Holy shit. She's been through some shit. 

I think Ahsoka’s fight is the night before Anakin goes Vader. Apparently Revenge of the Sith takes nine days. If Dooku is Day One, Kenobi is told to go after Grievous on Day Three. Someone on Twitter has the days all plotted out according to what happens to Kenobi with pictures. He told Ahsoka that he was told to go after Grievous and Anakin was spying on Palpatine-which makes what’s happening to Ahsoka on the night of Day Three. Anakin going Vader and Order 66 is Day Four.

Here’s the twitter thread if you want to see it:

https://twitter.com/allthingskenobi/status/1251555663957934081?s=21

5 hours ago, paigow said:

Maul thinks she should be his evil padewan...so Ahsoka is the Phantom Apprentice that Maul wants...

All depends on your perspective 😉 If its your opinion that Maul is the Phantom Menace from Episode I, then I definitely agree and see Ahsoka as the almost Phantom Apprentice. However, if you think Palpatine is the Phantom Menace from Episode I, then I would argue the Apprentice is Anakin. But that’s what I love about Star Wars-so many fun theories!

Although, Maul does seem to chase a lot of young Jedi to team up with. Ahsoka and Erza. I do wonder if there’s still a team-up between Ahsoka and Maul coming, maybe escaping from the Clones during Order 66? You would think at how chill Ahsoka was for seeing Maul in Rebels, and how laid back Maul was to seeing her (“Lady Tano”) makes you think maybe they come to some sort of agreement. Maybe he helps her get Rex out safely. I would DIE if we see the three of them do the Sword and Shield maneuver like Rex does with Ezra and Kanan in Rebels. 

On 5/9/2020 at 4:04 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

That fight scene with Maul and Ahsoka was brilliant. 

Third best lightsaber fight in the entire franchise. Luke Vader I, for sheer significance not to mention the narrative that plays through it, Rey / Ren I for style and substance, then Tano / Maul. The fucking music is insane. 

• Love 1
On 4/24/2020 at 8:47 AM, SnoGirl said:

That lightsaber fight was amazing. The glass shattering, Ahsoka thinking about the offer

That WAS great. I genuinely did not know what Ahsoka's decision was going to be.  I could rationalize her teaming up with Maul to go after Sidious based on the whole the-enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend calculus.  But then he mentioned Anakin and there is no way my girl Ahsoka would EVER betray her mentor.  (And now I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and going "la-la-la" because I haven't seen "Rebels" yet and I don't know what happens to Ahsoka when she learns of Anakin's turn to the dark side.)