Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E02: Captain's Orders

• Start Topic

A typhoon slams the Saga forcing  Jake and Jonathan to make joint decisions. Sig races the storm to make the first off-load. Repairs land the CM in the eye of the storm. Cpt. Phil's charts lead Josh and Casey into treacherous waters.

I reiterate, Discovery channel, we don't need Harley the Villain.  The fact that he keeps having to say its his turn means that he knows he's a snake.  And we don't need Josh Harris in his own stupid show and sticking it in the middle of a Deadliest Catch episode is not going to entice me to watch it.  

• Love 4

What infuriates me is that Deadliest Catch is one three hour block but isn't the actual show for all of it. Two effing hours of Josh Harris last night, one hour of Deadliest Catch.  I'm trying to DVR shows I want to watch and the three hour block of DC is messing up my recordings, and two thirds of it wasn't even the show.

Harley's sneaking and eavesdropping and stealing is not pleasant to watch.  So sick of his shit.

I know he's not popular here but I really root for Jake. He has his issues but I love him and want him to succeed. Was glad things worked out for him last night.

• Love 1

Harley - karma is a bitch.   A big one.   Now get off my show.   

I lost a little respect for Jonathan Hillstrand tonight.   I mean I used to like him as the more lovable Hillstrand brother, but he always had his dickhead side.   It was on full display last night.   Jake is all "If I come in with no crab, there's no money.   But if I come in missing a crewman that is worse."   Then the storm is coming and he is deciding whether to return to harbor or ride it out.   Jonathan is all "ya gotta get the quota, ride it out."   No, be safe then go out.   Even Sig who is so old school they named the school after him went back to Dutch.

Not even going to mention He Who Shall Not Be Named and his stupid separate show.   Didn't watch.   

• Love 2

One more week . . . that's how long I'm gonna watch Deadliest Catch.  If it turns into the Josh Harris show, I'm done.

Really, when we're all desperate for things to occupy our time, but we're all deleting two hours of a three-hour show, Disco needs to "get it" that the money they're wasting on filming the Harris "legacy" is better spent on something - ANYthing - else.  

• Love 2

I'm not sure which rock Disco found Harley under, but they can feel free to get rid of him at any time. He's the kind of guy who mysteriously goes "missing" and it goes unreported and the body is never found. 

5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I lost a little respect for Jonathan Hillstrand tonight.   I mean I used to like him as the more lovable Hillstrand brother, but he always had his dickhead side.   It was on full display last night.   Jake is all "If I come in with no crab, there's no money.   But if I come in missing a crewman that is worse."   Then the storm is coming and he is deciding whether to return to harbor or ride it out.   Jonathan is all "ya gotta get the quota, ride it out."   No, be safe then go out.   Even Sig who is so old school they named the school after him went back to Dutch.

Jonathan's behavior really bothered me. Was he going to be responsible if the ship went down or a deckhand was hurt? No, no he wasn't. And unfortunately, I think Jonathan knows Jake had been, and will always be, looking for an older guy to tell him what to do, and he took advantage of just that. He was a little too comfortable making life and death decisions for Jake's crew and the destruction of Jake's boat. 

• Love 2

Regarding Davidson, I'm calling serious shenanigans on this entire plot. He's got a chase boat with him for filming exterior shots, and his Southern Wind onboard crew is in constant contact with it and the skipper. The chase boat's captain is probably in good with the old-school fleet and would almost certainly drop a dime to Sig if that were real. 

If I were a betting man I'd say the entire thing is scripted by Disco, and none of the "victimized" crews were out dollar one in catch or operating revenue. And besides, now that this has aired (and was in the editing suites for months, and crews talked amongst themselves at the bar/etc), if all that crap had been for real, don't you think by now that Davidson would have had the ever living crap beaten out of him (or worse), by guys who may have lost tens of thousands of dollars needed to support their various habits feed their families? No way. They needed a villain and they got the new tough-looking guy to play the role, and the others to play along for the sake of the show.

Also, wasn't Davidson wearing a Trident Seafood cap, without the logo being blurred out? No way the bosses at Trident would stand for that, and later on, Casey would probably have had his balls for bookends for bringing the company into disrepute. Josh may be a twerp and a camera whore, but I'd follow Casey to the ends of the Bering Sea if he was my skipper.

Edited by NJRadioGuy
  • Love 1