Type keyword(s) to search

Married at First Sight: Second Chances, Season 1, Episodes 1-2

• Start Topic

I didn't even know that MAF had a spin-off franchise called Second Chances, but there is one and it's airing on Hulu with David Norton and Vanessa Nelson.  Anyone else watching?  It's like bad Bachelor, with women ridiculously throwing themselves at David Norton, extreme dork.   And you can tell some producer shenanigans are at play with the women he hasn't sent home.  Unlike the Bachelor, there are some chubby women that David supposedly chose but they don't seem to get any airtime.

I love Vanessa, so I can watch her in anything.  

Anyone else see this?  If not, want to join in with some comments w/o giving away spoilers? Only on episode 2!

David-and-Vanessa-Second-Chances-1024x57

Edited by sasha206
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

I would have liked to see Neil rematched but he got PTSD from Sam, her sugar gliders and wax melts and needed therapy...

Neil was the onesie guy right? I didn't see that season but once I saw that and saw his demeanor and voice, I got an immediate creep vibe. Was he a good guy? I remember reading here that the one he was matched up with treated him like crap then sobbed when he told her he wanted a divorce. 

1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Neil was the onesie guy right? I didn't see that season but once I saw that and saw his demeanor and voice, I got an immediate creep vibe. Was he a good guy? I remember reading here that the one he was matched up with treated him like crap then sobbed when he told her he wanted a divorce. 

He was a good guy and she was awful.  Him dumping her on decision day was one of the best MAFS scenes EVER!!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Neil was  a fan fave the audience was rooting for and he got a loon for his stranger wife.

He is the opposite of a creep and is funny when he comments on the later seasons.

He ended up being friends with his ex and was genuinely happy when she had a kid....with another guy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Neil was  a fan fave the audience was rooting for and he got a loon for his stranger wife.

He is the opposite of a creep and is funny when he comments on the later seasons.

He ended up being friends with his ex and was genuinely happy when she had a kid....with another guy.

I tried to watch a few of the older seasons but will not put up with 8 commercials every 10 minutes. It drove me crazy. I won't buy the seasons because I'll never watch them again so hopefully Amazon will include them with prime at some point.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I didn't even know that MAF had a spin-off franchise called Second Chances, but there is one and it's airing on Hulu with David Norton and Vanessa Nelson.  Anyone else watching?  It's like bad Bachelor, with women ridiculously throwing themselves at David Norton, extreme dork.   And you can tell some producer shenanigans are at play with the women he hasn't sent home.  Unlike the Bachelor, there are some chubby women that David supposedly chose but they don't seem to get any airtime.

I love Vanessa, so I can watch her in anything.  

Anyone else see this?  If not, want to join in with some comments w/o giving away spoilers? Only on episode 2!

David-and-Vanessa-Second-Chances-1024x57

I like them both on their season. How many episodes are there going to be? If I can hold off, I can watch them in a marathon over at Hulu. I have a net a Netflix and account that I have had for. years and I haven't watched anything in the last 2 to 3 years.  I don't want to sign up for Hulu and not use it either.  Please no spoilers.

13 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I like them both on their season. How many episodes are there going to be? If I can hold off, I can watch them in a marathon over at Hulu. I have a net a Netflix and account that I have had for. years and I haven't watched anything in the last 2 to 3 years.  I don't want to sign up for Hulu and not use it either.  Please no spoilers.

There are 12 episodes -- you could totally binge watch it.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I would have liked to see Neil rematched but he got PTSD from Sam, her sugar gliders and wax melts and needed therapy...

I need to watch that season!  

I know this is probably stupid of me, but I wouldn't mind seeing Zach on this second chances show.  It would be amusing to see who he would keep, who he would let go and to watch him world salad the breakups.

6 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I need to watch that season!  

I know this is probably stupid of me, but I wouldn't mind seeing Zach on this second chances show.  It would be amusing to see who he would keep, who he would let go and to watch him world salad the breakups.

I would LOOOOOOVE to see people I hated the first time around on that show 😄 😄😄 

• Love 1
On 4/13/2020 at 1:57 PM, Kareem said:

Saw this when it was originally on.  It may make you see these two differently.  

Spoiler

I actually respect him for not getting engaged at all.  But I liked Tara.  I am glad he didn't propose to Isabella!  But Vanessa, how could you give up Shannon!  He was so adorable, funny, cute! I loved his family too!

• Love 1

I’m just starting this season now, and so far, by the end of episode 2, I’m seeing David as so much more dorky than I did on his first season.  Some of the women are out of his league physically, and would probably say no if he asked for their number in a bar, but him being a low-rent Bachelor brought in the camera hungry women.

Jennifer constantly popping up and trying to flirt with him, and begging for another chance, it’s all so terribly uncomfortable to watch.  

Vanessa is still gorgeous. I hope she picks a good one! 

I watched a few years ago and I still recall feeling creepy about it. I felt sorry for those competing and having to vie for attention. They go out on group dates that at times were embarrassing to watch yet I felt compelled to watch. The two having almost God like power over the would be sycophants. One scene they both herded 25 people into a room and gave them the boot.

If they did this again I would vote for Derek and Meka from the latest season.