Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: The Taking of Dispatch 9-1-1

jewel21
Message added by AgentRXS

This is just a friendly reminder that the purpose of this thread is to discuss what happened in this episode,not to debate over a particular actor's skills (or lack thereof). Please, let's get back on topic.  Thanks!

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, ramble said:

I find myself rewatching comfort food tv or just skipping screen time instead but 911 and The Rookie I still check out.

At first I read this^ and thought, ""comfort food tv'? seriously?" but then I realized they both pretty much always have happy endings after the crises, which can be encouraging at times like this.

• Love 2
On 4/24/2020 at 11:17 PM, saber5055 said:

I think it's sarcasm, meaning she's so bad she can't even stagger around like a frozen-faced zombie.

I get that but I thought there's some real life story behind it. 🙂 Also for me she's not that bad, so... 😉

On 4/24/2020 at 10:53 PM, Clanstarling said:

I don't see The Walking Dead on her credits. Not being a fan of the series, I looked around and didn't find much except a  wiki on The Walking Dead (A New World). Tried to find it in IMDB, but didn't.  I dug into the franchise, but didn't find anything mentioning ANW.  Someone who has better knowledge of this might be able to help. I also couldn't find any news article related to her losing a job on that show.

That was way too much effort, but I apparently have time to kill today. In any case, mileage really varies on Basset's acting ability, and I think she's pretty great, myself.

Thank you for the trouble! Now I feel like I used you for some hard work 🙂 I honestly thought there's some well known story behind this and just went straight to ask for it 🙂

And I also think the actress is doing fine. At least as Athena. I only vaguely recall some of her differents parts.

• Love 1

I liked it. Have discovered this show during quarantine and I like that it is over the top and I don't have to think - just enjoy. It would have made a million times more sense if it had been a diamond heist - something easier to move on the market. But other than that I loved how all the 911 people worked together. JLH doesn't bother me at all. I enjoy her scenes. 

• Love 7

Angela Bassett is one of the best actresses in Hollywood. There is a reason why she works constantly. Anyone who says otherwise clearly hasn’t seen any of her work beyond 9-1-1. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, MusingTree said:

Anyone who says otherwise clearly hasn’t seen any of her work beyond 9-1-1. 

I beg to differ.  I've seen her in other work, most notably What's Love Got to Do With It?  She was fine in that.   I also liked her blowing up her ex's car in Waiting to Exhale. 

We're all entitled to our own opinions, but other than those two movies, I've always thought her acting was rather stiff. 

Hey guys, please see  the notice in red at the bottom of this thread. Let's please get back on the topic of discussing the episode, and not particular actors in general. Thank you!

• Love 2

I called the Epipen as a weapon as soon as the operator threw it in the basket. The fact that the staff has to think of all kinds of solutions on the fly, on the job, was actually a great buildup to the payoff of them being able to overpower an armed gang. (And yes, discharging an epipen into someone who is NOT experiencing anaphylactic shock could REALLY fuck them up.)

Centering the show on the call center's strength & intelligence was fine with me.