Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E14: Compose Yourself

• Start Topic

Wait... the last pardon went to... Jarell??? Really? I mean... really??

I can only think it must have been going to whoever "goes home" this week so the numbers don't get too out of line saving someone from going home any later on. Otherwise? 'Why' is the word that comes to mind.

• Love 1

I think the fix is in for Angel to go to the finale because she should have gone home this week IMO.  Her crane tattoo was horrendous, far worse than Jerrell's.  

I don't have an issue with Jerrell getting a pardon because he generally does great tattoos.  

Now we know why two inktestants were cut last week - - because a pardon was coming this week.  Wonder if the judges knew who the others' pardon choices were because I do not understand Dave's argument on Jerrell's tattoo.  I could see the crane's beak perfectly fine.

Glad Jimmy made it through.  

• Love 7

I like Angel, but her crane was not a crane. When Dave said "I can see a beak," I replied that it was a goose beak, not a crane. He ignored me. I haven't been a big Jerrell fan but I'm actually kind of glad he got the save: I was sure they were saving it for Jimmy since the other two saves had been used on returning contestants (good choice by Oliver, typically stupid choice by Dave). I also didn't hate his tattoo.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Jerrell’s tattoo looked like a crane and he had a client who demanded a million things on a small space. I didn’t think Angel’s tattoo looked much like a crane. 

I liked the flash challenge and I’m sure the kids loved getting a decorated helmet. I had a weird feeling though about how the judges kind of talked to the adult helmet wearers as if they were children. The artists seemed happy and inspired. I never think this kind of thing should be judged because this is one challenge when you have to do what the client wants even if it isn’t complicated. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sharifa70 said:

When Dave said "I can see a beak," I replied that it was a goose beak, not a crane. He ignored me.

Those bastards, they never listen to us when we try to set them straight! *grins*

They didn't want an all-male final apparently because yes, Angels whatever it was with the impossible wing 'feathers' was seriously compromised. And yes "Beak? my ass..." was my comment to Dave. The others had long crane beaks a light straightness-challenged yes but that comment made no sense.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Cute flash challenge, terrible elmination challenge, and an inevitable pardon. Meh 

The show mismanaged the timing of the pardons and backed themselves into a corner where they had no choice but to do a pardon this week. Assuming a final 3, there is no way to go into the second to last episode with 4 artists remaining and still a pardon to use. You'd have to eliminate somebody, pardon them, and then do another challenge and another elimination. Wouldn't really make sense. Jerrell turned out to be the beneficiary of that situation. 

Interesting to think about the fact that Bob, Kelly, and Jimmy would be our final 3 without the pardon mechanic. 

I'm afraid Kelly will be the one to suffer for being quiet and not as "popular" as other contestants. We all know the show would LOVE to have Jimmy and Angel in the finale. The last spot is sort of up for grabs in my opinion. 

Looks like some version of the "tattoo marathon" will be coming next week. I generally find the second to last episode to be the best of the season. Lot's of high quality tattoos, lot's of cool designs, and usually an incredibly difficult decision to make at the end. And we'll be getting the added drama of another double elimination. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Inkmaster0345 said:

Looks like some version of the "tattoo marathon" will be coming next week. I generally find the second to last episode to be the best of the season. Lot's of high quality tattoos, lot's of cool designs, and usually an incredibly difficult decision to make at the end. And we'll be getting the added drama of another double elimination. 

I agree about the second to last episode being an awesome episode usually, so I'm excited about the next one.

One thing I like about it, in most cases, is we get away from "strategy", because they usually have to do so many tattoos that they can't waste any time on that. They finally fucking focus on tattooing and not "playing the game".

• Love 1