Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Episode 6

ohjoy
Message added by ohjoy

Please be sure to not discuss what happens in future episodes in earlier episodes (ex. don't refer to Episode 6 events in the Episode 3 topic).  If you binge the show and come to the forum to talk about it as an entire whole, please direct that conversation to the Episode 8 topic. Thanks!

• Start Topic

At least now we know why they haven't killed Lily yet -- she's at the static point. In the Devs complex.  And it's apparently pre-determined, she can't avoid it -- free will be damned.

I see it now -- the massive statue is of Amaya waiting to catch the frisbee.

I'm curious what Kenton is up to -- because he doesn't seem to be a happy camper.

Jamie and Forest seemed to develop a good rapport.

I'm curious what Stewart is going to do about Lyndon.

• Love 3
On 4/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

I see it now -- the massive statue is of Amaya waiting to catch the frisbee.

Interesting.  I thought she was frozen in a state of surprise or excitement but I can see how she'd be trying to catch a frisbee.  Perhaps that was one of Forest's fondest memories of her.  

On 4/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

I'm curious what Kenton is up to -- because he doesn't seem to be a happy camper.

It's funny that after his speech to Jamie last episode about how he doesn't panic and that everything is containable, that he seems to be losing his mind over all that has transpired since he killed Sergei.  

What if the quantum computer can't see past a certain point because it's destroyed at that point and isn't able to compute beyond that?  Is that a possibility?  Because for those qubits to work the computer has to be stored at near absolute zero temperatures, and I wonder if Lily dies because she enters its chamber and tries to destroy it.  

• Useful 1
18 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

What if the quantum computer can't see past a certain point because it's destroyed at that point and isn't able to compute beyond that?  Is that a possibility?  Because for those qubits to work the computer has to be stored at near absolute zero temperatures, and I wonder if Lily dies because she enters its chamber and tries to destroy it.  

Ooooh, that's intriguing.

Although, Katie seemed to imply that it was some multiverse-altering quantum event that Lily was present for -- whatever that might be.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Although, Katie seemed to imply that it was some multiverse-altering quantum event that Lily was present for -- whatever that might be.

It could be wishful thinking on Katie's part that it's a multiverse-altering event.  I can see her wanting it to be that, but I doubt Katie would consider that someone like Lily would be the destruction of their quantum computer.  

Also, Katie said something to Forest about Lily being the kind of person who's more afraid not to take action than she is to take action.  I suspect it's why we've seen her meeting with Sergei's contact, climbing on the outside of the Amaya building, and crashing Kenton's car into a wall.  

• Love 2
On 5/24/2021 at 8:32 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Was Kenton some kind of robot?  He sure did overpower and kick ass to be much older than the people he attacked, plus, he was a smoker.  I found that a little odd.  

He is ex-military, perhaps a Navy Seal or something?  With that kind of training, he could still have a physical advantage over many people.