Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

The game begins to have a deeper impact on the team members' lives in the real world. The mystery of Clara's disappearance deepens as the gang learns the full story and fresh clues take the game in a new direction.

Airing Monday, March 23, 2020.

This episode is my least favorite.

Why was Clara living in the dark/gloomy basement?  Looked like she was kidnapped.

My interest peaked when I thought Meredith was going to complain about Janice staying out late. Then they quickly moved to her text message. 

No one could have purchased a notebook or a diary for Clara to write her message? 

Where was Sanjay the government assassin to help Clara at the end?

I too need to first find and then harness my divine non-chalance!

Janice cleaned all areas of Fredwynn's cheek except the cut.

It would have been funny if Clara popped up and ripped Peter for losing his job. And reminded him many times about responsibility and bills.

The bodega store owner also owns the ice cream truck? And his customers showed him no respect by stealing his ice cream instead of putting it back in the truck or taking the boxes from the delivery truck. He must have high prices.

The look Peter and Simone gave Fredwynn when he said Janice was taking the game seriously was funny.

Fredwynn has grass on his bed instead of bed sheets???!!!!!

Someone in the group is going to give Fredwynn a "Happy Slapsgiving"if he continues to be condescending. 

Who are the other trouble making kids that are like Clara's group?

"Saltpeter! No.... I don't usually carry spices".

Uh Oh!! Octavio didn't looked too please at the end!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

The Darkness Lady was fierce. Wasn’t that the same woman in the apartment with the little girl?

Yes. But after she was stabbed in the eye by Clara, I wonder if it's the same person. The woman in the apartment wasn't wearing an eye patch.

Also, she and Octavio haven't aged in 20 years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/23/2020 at 9:10 PM, mxc90 said:

Fredwynn has grass on his bed instead of bed sheets???!!!!!

Who are the other trouble making kids that are like Clara's group?

The grass bedsheets were in Clara's home, Frewynn remained behind to continue looking for clues and found them on the ceiling in that bedroom with the grass bed. 

The "other trouble making kids" were actually Clara's group, the bodega owner was apparently oblivious to the fact that Clara and her friends were the same four kids in cardboard masks stealing all the same materials they later used to make art installations in the neighborhood.

This episode was a big, floppy, shark-jumping "meh" for me. I thought Clara was going to be some kind of brilliant child prodigy to account for all of Jejune's technological innovations, not a manic pixie dream girl with a penchant for NoHo hipster gentrification. I was hoping for a more psychological/philosophical/pseudoscientific/spiritual backstory to the whole Elsewhere Society and Divine Nonchalance beyond just being ~quirky and whimsical.~

I'll keep watching, because I'm still hoping that this is all actually going somewhere (and because I don't have anything else to do in quarantine) but I hope this isn't a harbinger of what's to come. I wanted something more "Russian Doll," or "Manic," not a scavenger hunt crafted by a Zoe Deschanel character as written by John Green.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Based on pre-show interviews I knew that, tone-wise, the show was going to be more about heartwarming personal connections than mysterious and potentially sinister societies, but I admit I found the Clara reveal a bit too cloyingly whimsical. Yes, our inner children can always imagine clouds are dragons or whatever, but I hope there's a little more puzzle to dig into. Houses tricked out with invisible ink and hidden messages are still fun, and I like Simone enough to carry me through for a while longer. 

2 hours ago, jaigurudeva said:

The "other trouble making kids" were actually Clara's group, the bodega owner was apparently oblivious to the fact that Clara and her friends were the same four kids in cardboard masks stealing all the same materials they later used to make art installations in the neighborhood.

I actually thought the bodega owner knew very well who the kids were, but was trying to save face for everyone involved because he had changed his opinion of them. Maybe I’m reading too much into it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

They are really going hard on the whimsy arent they? Not totally sure where this is going, but I am still very interested in finding out. So find out that at least some of this is all true, and its not all just a made up game, even if maybe its slightly...exaggerated? Or what we are seeing isn't exactly what happened, so much as its what Clara remembers or she is trying to make the story more fun and whimsical. 

"I think she is taking this game a little too seriously."

*Peter and Simone judge super hard*

• Love 3