Type keyword(s) to search

TLC Preview Video Chat

• Start Topic

I’m not technical but how fun would this be. We could live chat those crappy web stories  together or we could even try some sort of video chat. Also, west coasters could be in it to. Thoughts?

Edited by Angry Moldovan
  • Love 3

It might be tough technically. People would need the right set up, a microphone and camera, and steps would need to be taken to avoid microphone feedback, noise from the locations, etc. Enabling more than one speaker at a time can be problematic.

I used to troubleshoot Adobe Connect sessions where I worked.

• Love 2

I think it would be fun! My husband runs a pretty successful podcast and he often has half a dozen people on there at once. He videotapes the sessions and uses them on his website and You Tube. He uses Zoom. I think we're funnier than the Pillow Talk folks. 

• Love 3
On 3/25/2020 at 1:09 AM, Angry Moldovan said:

maybe we could get volunteers. I’m up for it, but I did get bored today and gave my self a lopsided trim 💇‍♀️😱

oh no, do you have Sasha bangs? 

Or, because I have been on a huge learning curve with this lately:  Invite others through an invite to meet on Google Hangouts.  People would need a computer with a camera and microphone.  You go to your calendar, accept the invite, then as the time gets closer, go back to your calendar and enter the meeting.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Or, because I have been on a huge learning curve with this lately:  Invite others through an invite to meet on Google Hangouts.  People would need a computer with a camera and microphone.  You go to your calendar, accept the invite, then as the time gets closer, go back to your calendar and enter the meeting.

Mrs Hanson, that’s to hard, but I might figure it out. You are going to snark tho?

9 hours ago, magemaud said:

oh no, do you have Sasha bangs? 

Worse, I will wear a head band

10 hours ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Mrs Hanson, that’s to hard, but I might figure it out. You are going to snark tho?

Worse, I will wear a head band

I attended a class, in school, on how to use Google Hangouts.  Granted, I am quick study (if I say so myself) and it took me about ten minutes to get it.  Your laptop must have a camera and microphone, obviously, but it is really easy.  The downside of it is when you have multiple people involved, there can be a lot of background noise, like if a dog barks or, in our case, multiple tv's on in the background.  One thing we have learned in this whole thing is to mute our mic's when we are all on.  Unmute when you wish to speak.

Sigh.....this working from home......I am not loving it.  I miss my coworkers, I miss the kiddos, I miss the routine.  Crybaby much?  

On 3/25/2020 at 1:09 AM, Angry Moldovan said:

I would love to it, imagine the snark we could do jesses episode?

maybe we could get volunteers. I’m up for it, but I did get bored today and gave my self a lopsided trim 💇‍♀️😱

I’m okay with cutting your own hair, but if you start glopping mayonnaise on it, I’m out.

• LOL 6
34 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m okay with cutting your own hair, but if you start glopping mayonnaise on it, I’m out.

There goes my plan.......

Also, when you have over a certain amount on Google Hangouts, it automatically mutes you.  Like over 10, I think!  You can unmute however!

I'd be up for it! I just did my first Zoom session with my best friend last weekend. Over a week ago I posted on Facebook about wanting to have a video dinner with someone from our respective kitchen tables but did not get any response. I've heard this from many introverts that even this is too damn much alone time for us! I'm also still fighting a MRSA infection so I can't even go out to the grocery store. So, yeah, I'm totally up for video chats!

• Love 1
On 3/23/2020 at 7:52 PM, Angry Moldovan said:

I’m not technical but how fun would this be. We could live chat those crappy web stories  together or we could even try some sort of video chat. Also, west coasters could be in it to. Thoughts?

I would love it.  Can I do it on a Kindle?