Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Reveille (2)

Note: Putting this up now as the first part of the crossover event - for NEXT week- is posted early in the FBI thread. This airs on March 24, 2020:

In the second part of the crossover with FBI, After taking down a terrorist, the FBI and their Fugitive Task Force partners turn their attention to the terrorist’s wife who escaped with one million dollars and is determined to follow through with her husband’s deadly plan. Also, LaCroix’s daughter, Tali, is taken away by ICE, but as Jess tracks her down, he realizes her detainment may be more than just random coincidence

• Love 1

I’ll post all of my thoughts on the crossover, both parts of it, here.

Overall I liked both parts of it - it was really cool to see both teams working together, I’ve always enjoyed crossovers between shows that I like and I thought this one was well executed. I did think that the Most Wanted team was featured more heavily than the FBI team, but it was cool to see everyone work together, and I especially liked the Jubal/Lacroix dynamic. Still I would’ve like more of the FBI team in part 2, only OA got a feature role in the second part, I would’ve liked more of a role for others.

The case was compelling from start to finish, both hours were intense and exciting. The second half got very complex though and I started having trouble keeping all of the players straight - what happened to the guy whose truck left the scene where the kid was dropped off and whose dad they talked to? Was he one of the guys taken down by Hana and Crosby at the end? And who was the guy Lacroix roughed up in interrogation for info? Was he an ICE agent who was in on the plot? And who exactly did authorize the raid and have Tali detained? I know it was corrupt ICE agents, but who exactly? That was unclear. 

There was a lot of good investigative work from everyone which I enjoyed.

I wondered where Clinton was in the first half, he didn’t show up with the rest of the Most Wanted team, he first appeared when Tali was detained. That bugged me. 

I liked Jubal reassuringly patting the analyst on the back after the analyst said they had nothing, Jubal is really good with all of the people in the office and I thought that was a nice moment.

Overall this was a well done crossover, I enjoyed it from start to finish even if the second half did get very complex and I had some questions about it, the case was good and it was nice to see the 2 teams work together. 

I enjoyed this episode too -- in contrast to the last one which was in Criminal Minds territory. 

I liked seeing the dual storylines - which eventually coalesced into one. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

And who was the guy Lacroix roughed up in interrogation for info? Was he an ICE agent who was in on the plot? And who exactly did authorize the raid and have Tali detained?

At the beginning, when Tali was first taken, there was the head of the department "I just took over last week. I'll look into it. Send me her photo". That guy set up the raid (back dating and essentially forging a signature to make it look like the order was authorized before the guy took over). He was a White Supremacist (WS). While they were investigating someone else, they stumbled upon him as being part of it, so they interrogated him (possibly it was "investigating him (in general), found he had connection to some WS that was a "person of interest", then interrogated him to find out more).

• Useful 1

Man, was I all sorts of confused as this episode started because I don't watch the FBI mothership show. It took me a sec to realize it was a crossover only because I happen to know that Jeremy Sisto and Alana de la Garza are on it. 

I am not a big fan of crossover shows as it seems that I never happen to watch both shows, i.e., I watch Gray's but not Station 19 (does anyone?), I watch Chicago PD but not Med or Fire, etc. 

Anyway, I like the cast of Most Wanted and find the show entertaining enough. I like that Julian McMahon's character seems to be compasionate towards the victims (like the pastor in last week's disturbing bloodbath of an episode). 

That is all. 

On 3/25/2020 at 7:42 PM, sisterspoon said:

Little ceramic baby angels that she had in her home.

At first I thought they were eggs in a plastic bag - Lacroix crushed them very easily! 

On 3/25/2020 at 1:27 PM, illdoc said:

At the beginning, when Tali was first taken, there was the head of the department "I just took over last week. I'll look into it. Send me her photo". That guy set up the raid (back dating and essentially forging a signature to make it look like the order was authorized before the guy took over). He was a White Supremacist (WS). While they were investigating someone else, they stumbled upon him as being part of it, so they interrogated him (possibly it was "investigating him (in general), found he had connection to some WS that was a "person of interest", then interrogated him to find out more).

You should realize that 95% of the criminals in this show are white supremacists. They commit all the crimes and are the main problem in the world along with businessmen and clergyman.

It is inspiring to see the demonization of ICE and the super secretive web site that all the white supremacists in  ICE write comments on because we know nobody can trace that back on the internet.

You have to tip you hat to the realism of this show.