Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E17: I Love You, You're Perfect, I Think

To air on March 9, 2020:

When Lola learns Judge Benner’s whistleblower secret as part of her background research for her Attorney General campaign, she faces an excruciating dilemma. Lola has an obligation to expose the ethical breach, but knows that doing so could end her mentor’s career. Also, Emily is avoiding the implications of Luke’s “I love you” as she represents a client with mental health issues.

I loved watching Lola stand up judge Bennett (?) about her unethical behavior.

I wish we were inside Lola’s head more. We see what she says and what she does as a judge, but I still feel like I don’t know her. And she’s the main character. Maybe it’s because we don’t see much about her life outside the courthouse unless she’s talking to her parents. And even then, she’s usually talking about a case. In contrast, I feel like I know Luke and... his public defender girlfriend much better as people than I do Lola. 

• Love 2

Glad it looks like Emily and Luke are heading in a better direction, I thought for sure last week that they were done! 

Lola really read Judge Bennett the riot act, and Bennett actually seemed to agree with her. Lola sure does present a real intense involvement! 

I continue to like the scenes with Lola and the conservative judge she has kind of bonded with, especially when she was all surprised to agree with his take on helping veterans and people with mental health issues stuck in the prison system!

• Love 2