Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Hamptons Vice

• Start Topic

I can’t stand Carl. It’s that smug look he gets when he thinks women are causing “drama” that gets to me. I just want to smack that grin into next week. Lindsay definitely had a point that she had talked to Carl about her concern that she wouldn’t be able to have a casual relationship with him and she needed him to be  in or out but not a maybe. He was the one that wanted to go forward. This only confirms everything Paige said last year. Carl lies to women and then accuses them of being crazy when they call him on it.

• Love 18
26 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Carl lies to women and then accuses them of being crazy when they call him on it.

I mean the Wirrkus twin was batshit but he pulled similar stuff on her. I have slightly less sympathy for Lindsay because she has seen it play out with others and defended Carl’s actions so it’s hard to really care because she thought she was an extra special snowflake who could change him.

• Love 7

I enjoyed this Paige free episode.

First of all, Carl is a massive narcissist and a gaslighting ASSHOLE. I actually feel bad for Lindsay even though she was being a total bitch to Jules at the dinner table.

I actually like Jules and the Jordan (that’s his name!) thing is beyond weird to me. I feel bad for him too because either he’s gay and isn’t comfortable coming out or he was abused. They shouldn’t make his dysfunction a story line. I just don’t think it’s cool. 

Hannah looked good in the pink dress. That was totally for Luke 😊She just needs to learn how to actually blow dry and style her hair and put on makeup. That next level Colorstay lipstick she had on all day was doing her no favors. Again, she looks like a sports camp tween who hasn’t yet learned grooming and personal care. 

I’m 100% sure Carl boned Lindsay and now he’s done with her. Pig.

• Love 8

That’s kind of why I was thinking abuse or other childhood trauma, but I’m not sure. I dated a guy who was kind of in the same boat; I wasn’t sure if he was gay or abused. I think it was both. Because he wouldn’t have sex at all. We didn’t date for very long 😬

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Jordan is gay?  Makes sense now. 

He says that he is not.

He's from a really Christian family - he used to watch televangelists on Sunday mornings in the house.  

He is, to understate the issue, deeply conflicted(imho). My heart would go out to him, if he weren't such an a**hole.  

Edited by OldButHappy
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, OldButHappy said:

He is, to understate the issue, deeply conflicted(imho). My heart would go out to him, if he weren't such an a**hole.  

Some of the others alluded to that.  His stories are gross.

When does Shep arrive?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

He's from a really Christian family - he used to watch televangelists on Sunday mornings in the house.  

Ohhhhh, I didn’t know that. Now it all makes sense. The guy I mentioned above also came from a fundamentalist household (and I also think there was a sexuality issue and for sure physical abuse, possibly sexual as well). Okay well that explains a lot!

• Love 2
On 3/6/2020 at 8:14 AM, FozzyBear said:

I can’t stand Carl. It’s that smug look he gets when he thinks women are causing “drama” that gets to me. I just want to smack that grin into next week. Lindsay definitely had a point that she had talked to Carl about her concern that she wouldn’t be able to have a casual relationship with him and she needed him to be  in or out but not a maybe. He was the one that wanted to go forward. This only confirms everything Paige said last year. Carl lies to women and then accuses them of being crazy when they call him on it.

Carl's the kind of person who fights his way in, but once he's there, he gets scared and leaves.  Or ignores the women he was pursuing, hoping that she would 'notice'.  He was asking out the personal trainer and ghosting Lindsay when she was right in FRONT of him.  I absolutely haaaaaaaate wishy-washy people, especially men.  He's such a coward and a total pussy. 

On 3/6/2020 at 10:20 AM, RedDelicious said:

I enjoyed this Paige free episode.

Oh, I didn't even notice that she was missing!  That's not me being a dick because I'm fine with Paige, but I honestly didn't even think about her not being in the episode.

• Love 6