Type keyword(s) to search

Return of Elliott

• Start Topic

I don't really have much for a whole episode, I just didn't know where else to go for ideas. Can we please try to get Elliott Stabler back?! If it's not as a cop at least for Olivia and him to reunite! Olivia deserves to be happy and their connection was so strong! I'd love to see those to back in action or together in the end! 

• Love 1

When/if NBC announces the final season of SVU, I would like to see Stabler make an appearance; his character is a huge part of SVU’s history and I can’t imagine the show ending without seeing him again.  I would prefer that it would be storyline-dictated, such as a joint NYPD operation and they have to work together again.  I want some sort of 1:1 confrontation between Benson and Stabler and even Stabler and Fin to provide some closure ;  Meloni would bring out Mariska’s acting skills again (I think).  I don’t want him to come in only to ride off into the sunset with Benson; no, no and no.  Can you imagine the ratings for a well-publicized Stabler return?  

• Love 3

I don’t care one way or the other about Stabler - just don’t have him hook up with Benson, this isn’t a show about romance. I never liked Stabler, he was a rageaholic asshole who had no respect for people’s rights. Yes he was a big part of the show for 12 seasons but I never liked him, it wouldn’t bother me if they brought him back just to give it some closure but I won’t be upset if we never see or hear from Stabler again, I just never liked the character very much - and the show improved drastically in the first couple of seasons after Stabler’s departure. 

I want to see Cragen and Munch again!! Those are 2 legendary characters, the show hasn’t been the same since they left!!

• Love 9

What do y'all think about a return of Elliott, but then he gets killed off a ala Tucker, Simon, and all the other dearly departeds of the SVU-verse.

Elliott returns sans wedding ring, as Joe Hellanback suggests, runs into Olivia, they have their bonding moment, but Kathy hunts down her soon-to-be ex-husband and kills him in a fit of jealous rage!

• LOL 3
On 2/26/2020 at 10:23 PM, CrystalBlue said:

What do y'all think about a return of Elliott, but then he gets killed off a ala Tucker, Simon, and all the other dearly departeds of the SVU-verse.

Elliott returns sans wedding ring, as Joe Hellanback suggests, runs into Olivia, they have their bonding moment, but Kathy hunts down her soon-to-be ex-husband and kills him in a fit of jealous rage!

I don't know if this version will ever turn up as a SVU episode, but I sure would like to see them try. What I will bet on is that Stabler will make a return appearance, since SVU got a three years extension. Can NBC cancel that 3 year extension at anytime? If not, then between now and three years and some change, expect Stabler to show up, hopefully sooner than later.

(edited)

I feel marooned on an island in my immense dislike of Stabler and preferring Amaro over him. I'd rather not see him back, ever, unless it's to say a proper goodbye to Olivia and then ride back off into the sunset. Dude was an asshole who steamrolled over people, and I hated seeing his dozens of kids on the show screwing up year after year.

I know many find Stabler attractive, but again, he never did anything for me. Amaro, Cassidy, and Carisi, on the other hand...

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I feel marooned on an island in my immense dislike of Stabler and preferring Amaro over him. I'd rather not see him back, ever, unless it's to say a proper goodbye to Olivia and then ride back off into the sunset. Dude was an asshole who steamrolled over people, and I hated seeing his dozens of kids on the show screwing up year after year.

I know many find Stabler attractive, but again, he never did anything for me. Amaro, Cassidy, and Carisi, on the other hand...

You'll have plenty of company to sing with around the bonfire on your deserted island.  I'll bring some beer, and I know Xeliou66 will join us!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

You'll have plenty of company to sing with around the bonfire on your deserted island.  I'll bring some beer, and I know Xeliou66 will join us!

Yes, I’m not excited for Stabler’s return, and I’m just hoping we don’t have to see his god awful family again. I was never a big Stabler fan and he just got worse as the seasons went on, and I hate his family as much as I hate the Rollins family. 

• Love 2

His family was such a mess.   I was totally sick of all of their various medical, psychological, and just plain screw ups from his family.    I was also tired of the whole break up, and reunite with the wife.      

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

His family was such a mess.   I was totally sick of all of their various medical, psychological, and just plain screw ups from his family.    I was also tired of the whole break up, and reunite with the wife.      

And that was another thing. I am sure the actress who played his wife is a lovely person, but wow, did she lack charisma onscreen. I thought they were an odd match. Also, I thought the actress was attractive, but they seemed to purposely dress and style her rather dumpily. Maybe as a contrast to Olivia? And she did have a million kids. Still. I'd have sued.

I did find the collective fandom outrage when Stabler briefly hooked up with Greylek hilarious, since I had no horse in the Stabler/Olivia race.

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, EarlGreyTea said:

And that was another thing. I am sure the actress who played his wife is a lovely person, but wow, did she lack charisma onscreen. I thought they were an odd match. Also, I thought the actress was attractive, but they seemed to purposely dress and style her rather dumpily. Maybe as a contrast to Olivia? And she did have a million kids. Still. I'd have sued.

I did find the collective fandom outrage when Stabler briefly hooked up with Greylek hilarious, since I had no horse in the Stabler/Olivia race.

Stabler didn’t hook up with Greylek, he kissed Dani Beck, his temporary partner when Benson was undercover, that must be who you are thinking of. Greylek was the wooden, bland ADA in the first half of season 10. 

• Love 3
Just now, Xeliou66 said:

Stabler didn’t hook up with Greylek, he kissed Dani Beck, his temporary partner when Benson was undercover, that must be who you are thinking of. Greylek was the wooden, bland ADA in the first half of season 10. 

Whoops! I seem to recall a kiss on the roof between Stabler and either one of those women. Shows how memorable they were. I can't for the life of me picture Dani Beck.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Whoops! I seem to recall a kiss on the roof between Stabler and either one of those women. Shows how memorable they were. I can't for the life of me picture Dani Beck.

I think the (vast) majority of SVU fans wish they could forget Dani Beck.  We are jealous of you.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, ChristiKRN said:

I think the (vast) majority of SVU fans wish they could forget Dani Beck.  We are jealous of you.  

I didn’t find Dani Beck all that bad, I didn’t like how they had her and Stabler kiss, it was unnecessary and I felt like it was done to rile up the shipper part of the fanbase, but as for Beck I found her just average, not great but not terrible. I think she is mostly hated by the St Olivia fans, particularly the Benson/Stabler shippers, but I found her unremarkable overall. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 2/26/2020 at 2:40 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I want to see Cragen and Munch again!! Those are 2 legendary characters, the show hasn’t been the same since they left!!

Me too.  I only started watching SVU because of Munch, who I loved on Homicide.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Me too.  I only started watching SVU because of Munch, who I loved on Homicide.

Munch was awesome on both Homicide and SVU, and I feel like both shows underused him somewhat. I think SVU was greatly helped by having Munch and Cragen, both of whom viewers had seen before, Munch on Homicide and Cragen on the Mothership, those 2 characters are legendary and the show hasn’t been the same without them. 

• Love 6
On 5/18/2020 at 10:04 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

I can't for the life of me picture Dani Beck.

Dani Beck was the blonde who wore a braid most of the time, had an accent that sounded fake despite the actress actually being Danish, and her most memorable episode, IMO, was when Elle Fanning set her curtains on fire.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4