Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
paulvdb

S01.E08: Maggots

Recommended Posts

Quote

Alex puts Nicholas in the naughty corner! Nicholas and Alex work through their relationship issues at home. Matilda and Genevieve find themselves confronting sexuality at school in very different ways. Genevieve is forced to grow up.

Airdate: February 27, 2020

Share this post


Link to post

I guess no one else is still watching this?

I'm still enjoying it, but am trying to figure out why Alex is still with Nicholas. Nicholas is great with his sisters, but he doesn't seem to treat Alex very well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I'm watching! I still really like the show; I don't know why I don't have much to say about it sometimes.

I agree about Alex and Nicholas. I like Alex a lot, but the relationship between him and Nicholas is getting really unpleasant.

Nicholas blowing off Matilda's teacher, saying they have plans when as far as I can tell he 100% doesn't and was just trying to get off the phone, is also troubling.

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Nicholas blowing off Matilda's teacher, saying they have plans when as far as I can tell he 100% doesn't and was just trying to get off the phone, is also troubling.

That part, I think I can understand.  I'm guessing up to that point it never occurred to him that they needed a plan, and he was trying to cover for his cluelessness and buy some time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

He could have said he appreciated her concern, and asked to make an appointment to come in with Matilda and discuss it together.

That would buy him time, get him off the phone, AND be respectful of Matilda.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, possibilities said:

He could have said he appreciated her concern, and asked to make an appointment to come in with Matilda and discuss it together.

That would buy him time, get him off the phone, AND be respectful of Matilda.

All very true, but I can still believe Nick was pretty true to character in his reaction.  Maybe partly colored by the fact I just binged Nick's/Josh's previous series, Please Like Me, so I'm generally going to go along with the fact that he doesn't always make the best choices in the moment.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I do think that Alex treats Nicholas unfairly,  but on the same hand... Nick can be  a lot to deal with.   Throwing ceviche in a tub,  generally very self involved,  I know he's going through a lot but still.  And I like Nick. 

Just realized that this show is only ten episodes so I'm sad it's almost over. 

Share this post


Link to post

I love this show. i'm 100% in til whenever the end is.

I agree about Alex and Nicholas...I don't know what we're supposed to think about how Nicholas actually feels about Alex. He treats him fairly indifferently a lot of the time, and sometimes he's downright mean. I am not sure why Alex stays.

I'm also not sure how Nicholas makes money. I know he's a bug guy, but what does that mean he's doing? how is he collecting a paycheck?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, luna1122 said:

I love this show. i'm 100% in til whenever the end is.

I agree about Alex and Nicholas...I don't know what we're supposed to think about how Nicholas actually feels about Alex. He treats him fairly indifferently a lot of the time, and sometimes he's downright mean. I am not sure why Alex stays.

I'm also not sure how Nicholas makes money. I know he's a bug guy, but what does that mean he's doing? how is he collecting a paycheck?

i got the feeling he was living off the fathers life insurance, which is essentially what it is intended, to provide for the three while the the girls are in high school and college.  Its possible he is finishing up his PhD, for some reason that is sticking in my mind.  But it is entirely possible that its a fanwank

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I also had forgotten that we're almost done with the 10 episode season. It's currently the show I look forward to the most. I will miss it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size