Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The Bad Batch

Captain Rex and the Bad Batch must infiltrate an enemy base on Anaxes. It’s the end of the historic Clone Wars, as the forces of darkness have amassed great power in their bid to transform the Republic into the Galactic Empire. With the Republic on a losing streak, Captain Rex fears the Separatists are using stolen data to help predict the Grand Army’s every move. As the threat of defeat looms, Rex teams up with experimental Clone Force 99, also known as the Bad Batch. Together, they embark on a high-risk mission behind enemy lines to uncover the truth behind the Separatist victories in “The Bad Batch".

On 2/27/2020 at 7:40 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I liked the Bad Batch, reminded me of The Dirty Dozen.

I was oddly OK with the weekly rollout for The Mandalorian but, not being able to binge The Clone Wars is bugging me.

Same here-I’ve only ever binged Clone Wars so this is torture. I just want to watch the whole season right this second.

This is the planet from Rebels that has the floating rocks and the crazy only in the shadow creatures right? Makes you wonder if we see the destruction of this planet during this Bad Batch arc.

I’m not a huge fan of the Bad Batch(they’re really one note) but they do raise interesting questions. Are they chipped? Do they get wiped out at some point before Order 66 or are they apart of it? Are there more mutated clones or are these the only four that have survived? I do like that the Charlie Sheen look-alike seems to have facial hair. I always wondered why we haven’t seen more five o’clock shadows on the clones.

10 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm guessing being clean shaven would be a military protocol issue.

Yeah. Just on the longer missions we’ve seen, I’m surprised we haven’t seen it. Especially when we see how big Rex’s beard is in Rebels. But I’m sure it’s also a nightmare to remember when animating.

I know the clones age twice as fast, does that mean we’re technically seeing teenagers go through Order 66? That’s something else I was thinking about watching these two episodes. They’re all babies doing this.

Very happy to see The Clone Wars return.  I was not happy when it was canceled so it's gratifying to see it return.  Very much enjoyed this episode.  I enjoyed it when I saw the original animatics on the official site back in 2015.

On 3/1/2020 at 5:04 PM, SnoGirl said:

the Charlie Sheen look-alike

Oh good!  I'm not the only one who noticed that.  I assume they were actually going for a John Rambo/Sylvester Stallone look from "Rambo" and "First Blood," but when they put his hair and bandana on the standard clone facial structure we got . . . Charlie Sheen!  (Not that that's a BAD thing.)

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my binge through the first six seasons of this show but I've missed having a place to post feedback on the various episodes.  So I'm delighted to find episode-specific boards for this season.  As an avid TV and movie fan of a "certain age" (yeah I saw the original Star Wars in a theater when it first came out) I've loved playing the game of "what's THAT from?" (since nearly every episode of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" borrows from classic TV and movie tropes and then embellishes the episode with bits of plot and/or imagery lifted from any number of sources.)  

This episode is clearly an homage to "The Dirty Dozen" -- a World War II film in which a band of misfit soldiers, each with special skills, are thrown together to perform a special, behind-enemy-lines assignment -- co-mingled with Rambo's go-behind-enemy-lines-to-rescue-the-Vietnam-POWs plot.  What a terrific idea to explore within a Star Wars universe that includes clone soldiers.  The series has already done a good job of making me care about the clones and see them as individuals.  This episode takes that exploration of their individuality one step further.  I LOVE it.  

BUT -- given all that individuality and the affection I now feel for these soldiers after all these Clone War episodes -- I am wondering how I'm going to feel later in my binge-watch when a certain "order 66" takes place.  After all, the OTHER wonderful side effect of The Clone War animated series is the fact that we got to "know" so many more Jedi in a meaningful way.

Damn.  War IS hell.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 2