Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Calm Down

• Start Topic

Jacob's crush is way too over the top

If it were any other character it would be creepy. He sort of gets away with it only because he's so dumb. But Rio really needs to say something to him. Or else Mike does. 

Mike talking about Rio leaving cabinets and drawers open was a real-life reference to his wife, Kristen Bell. He has mentioned it a few times on his podcast. Which made me wonder if Dax Shepard really does only brush his teeth in the morning.

They dumped an entire truckload of manure right outside the barn entrance to chase away the wedding guests but then it disappeared when Beau and Kay were getting married. How'd they get rid of it so fast?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

They dumped an entire truckload of manure right outside the barn entrance to chase away the wedding guests but then it disappeared when Beau and Kay were getting married. How'd they get rid of it so fast?

Maybe the smell diffuses after a little bit?  Or all the locals have developed a tolerance to the smell?  Honestly, I know nothing about manure so not sure how likely either of these two explanations are.

As usual, I found some parts hilarious, others annoying. The parts about the ridiculous wedding and the clueless visitors cracked me up, and I thought Nicole was perfectly cast. But I hate when the townspeople cross the line from slightly cartoonish to just plain sociopathic.

Like we're supposed to like people who were going to dump loads of manure to deliberately spoil a wedding at their friend's house because he said an annoying phrase? Then 5 minutes later, after a pep talk, they're nice again and we're supposed to love them?

I know this is a comedy, over the top and sometimes absurd, but I feel the writers keep crossing the line that allows me to laugh at the characters without disliking them. 

• Love 1