Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Prophet

To air on February 18, 2020:

A cult leader and his most trusted followers go on the run after he orders the murder of his own family. As Jess and the team race to find them, they uncover the self-proclaimed prophet's conman past.

Good episode with a particularly dark case and evil villains. I’m enjoying the show a lot so far, I like the formula of it, this was another compelling storyline. 

The characters are gelling more, Crosby wasn’t annoying in this one and everyone seems settled in to their roles. Lacroix and Barnes are good leads. 

I guess every episode will begin and end with Lacroix and his family, it doesn’t really bother me but it isn’t necessary. 

I wondered at the end when the cult leader was threatening to order the people at his compound in New York to kill themselves why the police in New York weren’t already at the compound and had it closed down. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Good job by the agents outside to not rush in as there was a gun shot. They must have been busy taking bets if the safety was on or off.

There were still hostages in the building. Either your guy killed the cult leader and would walk out, or the cult leader killed your guy (not likely with a bullet proof vest) and still has a hostage that will die if you storm the place.

Either way the building was surrounded and the cult leader was going nowhere. 

I am enjoying this more then OG FBI right now which is already getting old.   Which is kinda sad considering it’s not that old to being with.  I  don’t know what it is maybe the villains have a more Criminal Minds Unsub nature to them so its more fascinating.    

I liked the whole con man turned cult leader story.   And even that was a mask for an old fashioned sexual predator.  I was kinda disappointed that the bad guy didn’t actually turn out to be one of the girls he was running with but that might have been a bit much.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
10 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I am enjoying this more then OG FBI right now which is already getting old.   Which is kinda sad considering it’s not that old to being with.  I  dad isn’t know what it is maybe the villains have a more Criminal Minds Unsub nature to them so its more fascinating.    

I think this is why I like the OG FBI better. This criminal was verging on Criminal Minds territory for me - which was much too dark for me. Also - recently OG FBI has turned into more of a real ensemble show while this is still the Jess show. 

• Love 1