Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Cover Your Hide

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

One woman is on a mission to create her own line of handbags that has resulted in quality, but a bland and overpriced product. Marcus must help her become a more creative and better businessperson.

Original airdate 2/11/20

Marcus' "group of buyers" and his "group of designers" who are supposed to give "their" feedback are obviously given specifc talking points that totally agree with whatever Marcus wants. 

Having said that, Lumillamingus sounds like a sex act I have been missing out on. giggle.gif

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

I hated the camo, too.  Honestly, her bags looked like a thousand others I've seen.  Nothing new, innovative or original, IMO. 

Yep, all I could think was has she ever walked through the handbag section of, say, Nordstrom or TJ Maxx?  There was nothing exciting or original even in the new stuff at the end of the show. 

• Love 3

I liked this business owner for the same reason Marcus does - she needs help with her business, she asks for advice, and then she actually TAKES that advice!  I hope she manages to turn things around and become successful.  The upside to all of this is that if the business fails, its pretty much because of Marcus; she's using his ideas and guidance.

Another good episode.  Hopefully, though, we'll see a business that's not food or fashion related!

• Love 1

I haven't even finished 10 minutes, but what the heck, is Marcus slumming?   100k of revenue? and No profits?  Purchase price 5K?

Seems the husband has funded this "business" which is just a hobby.  A money-losing hobby so she can feel good about herself.  smh

• Love 2

This seemed liked Marcus just wanted to get handbags into his fashion "empire" and so just looked for someone with a smallish business that he could basically take over.  $115,000 for 50% is not a bad deal for him and he is creating the business as he wants it.

As for the boxes, yes, it looks nice but I don't want a lot of boxes in my closets.  I know many people do keep their expensive shoes and purses in boxes, but it seemed just a bit 'much' for me.

• Love 3