Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Dance Like No One is Witching

• Start Topic

WORTH THE RISK - When Harry (Rupert Evans) comes down with a mysterious illness, Macy (Madeleine Mantock), Mel (Melonie Diaz) and Abigael (Poppy Drayton) must work together to save his life, and Macy turns to Julian (guest star Eric Balfour) for help. Meanwhile, Jordan (Jordan Donica) and Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) embark on a dangerous mission in New Orleans. Michael Allowitz directed the episode written by Christina Piña and Nicki Renna (#211). Original airdate 1/31/2020.

The minute I saw the aunt I knew she was bad news.. That actress always seems to play a ruthless type lady... I really thought we were gonna see that it was her on the other end of the phone.. Mainly because they had Peyton list in that uncharacteristic red hair... Tho I guess that could still happen.. Her fancy biotech company has shady magiscience written all over  it... I never wanted Macy/Harry so all this angst now adding in Julian ( we couldn't find one more non-white dude... Its like they half passed galvin and gave up on all of us)  and Abigael ( who I enjoyed more before full demon overlord/schoolgirl crush) is just Bleh... Mel still feels lost this season... Jordan and Maggie work well.. He seems older than the roughly 5 years I think he has on her.. But I do like them working together so far.. I know he's the LI but I wouldn't mind it going slow.... I really hope they don't take away Macy's demon powers I like that aspect.. Plus if her sisters leveled up she should be able to as well without sacrificing that part... Finally I hope we get some background on Macy's ( and Maggie's)  bio dad.. She never seems to talk about him.. And seems uninterested in learning more about her mom.. Again because of this ridiculous Harry SL... 

• Love 2

I am really having trouble following this season, it is such a mess. How was Harry injured in the first place? Is that something that happened last week? Because if it is, I don't remember it. Or is this just something that happened offscreen before the episode started, when he and Mel went on some random demon run? 

What the hell were Maggie and Jordan doing in New Orleans? Did they go there to get info on whoever tried to run them down last week? How did they know to go there? I'm not following that, at all.

Did Macy just run off to Aspen with Julian? Like, as a second date? What weird gizmo did she need to test Harry's blood and why in the hell would Julian's aunt have access to it and how the hell would she know that?

Doesn't Julian or Jordan wonder why the three sisters are always hanging around Safe Space Seattle? Hasn't any of them ever asked them where the hell they live? 

3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I am really having trouble following this season, it is such a mess. How was Harry injured in the first place? Is that something that happened last week? Because if it is, I don't remember it. Or is this just something that happened offscreen before the episode started, when he and Mel went on some random demon run? 

What the hell were Maggie and Jordan doing in New Orleans? Did they go there to get info on whoever tried to run them down last week? How did they know to go there? I'm not following that, at all.

Did Macy just run off to Aspen with Julian? Like, as a second date? What weird gizmo did she need to test Harry's blood and why in the hell would Julian's aunt have access to it and how the hell would she know that?

Doesn't Julian or Jordan wonder why the three sisters are always hanging around Safe Space Seattle? Hasn't any of them ever asked them where the hell they live? 

I think all those questions are answered by watching... You answered how harry was hurt in your post... He and Mel ran into a malignant demon who was doing something to a young witch... 

Maggie and Jordan were following the lead of the license plate that Mel and her dad got in the previous episode when they went to find out who it was that was after their dad.. He ended up not giving the chakram.. But did give the group the black amber... 

Yes macy decided to follow Julian to aspen after some Harry/ Abigael nonsense so macy said screw it and portaled to be with Julian... The gizmo was the piece of biotech the aunt Vivienne had invested in previously.. It was a super fast and thorough DNA sequencer.. Which macy woulda used to see if harry had elevated something or the other which would have scientifically proven his sickness was demon related... 

As I said the aunt was the one who.. I guess as she's on the board of a ton of companies as a result of her nephew's billions.. Gave money to the biotech company.. And as Julian explained when he introduced macy she's got a PhD in genetics and they discussed the tech... 

Julian hasn't been around safe space long enough to notice the  sisters are always there.. And if he was around more... Or will be... Maggie is the asst manager.. He's currently dating Macy and Mel seems to have free run of that Indian lady's store who sold all the witchy stuff... As for Jordan he knows their secrets after last week and the end of this episode he was having tea or coffee with Maggie in their back yard 

• Love 2

If I squint hard enough, I can see where the pieces the writers have thrown us are going to fall, but there must have been a less fucked up way to get this season’s puzzle together.  

I’m having trouble understanding why the two oldest characters are acting worse than middle schoolers when it comes to their feelings. The writers are royally screwing up this storyline. 

I'm very surprised they had Macy have sex with Julian so quickly, especially given how they highlighted her virgin status last season. Why is Harry in the shadows pining when he pushed Macy away last episode? Ugh! 

I’m liking the duo of Maggie and Jordan so far. The actress leaves much to be desired, IMHO. 

Mel was there, I guess. That’s all I got on her part of this episode. She and the actress that plays Maggie could do with some extra night acting classes. 

Next week looks like another “okay” episode. Yay? Can the network take back a renewal? 🤔

• Love 1

Go ahead and dance like no one is witching because no one is.

At least this week wasn't as boring as last week, but it still wasn't very engaging.

It was hard to connect because they jumped in the middle of a problem, with Harry getting "mortally" injured.  This triangle is making both Macy and Harry rather unlikeable.  He's stupid to trust Abigail, who was slightly more enjoyable this week though I still don't buy that she's so in loooove with Harry.  Macy seemed vindictive and petty jetting off to sleep with the snooze guy.  I don't even remember what his name is.  If I don't care about the relationship, I don't care about the aunt.  What type of lame character building is showing a flashback of his parents dying in a car accident.

While I like Maggie and Jordan, the storyline in New Orleans was boring as hell.  The new "villains" they introduced last week are total duds.  We have no idea what their aim is, so it's hard to care.  If Maggie had the exact object they were looking for yesterday, of course they'd be suspicious.  I couldn't care less about the resurrected guy at the end.

Edited by Camera One

The Abigael/Harry thing was way too sudden, yeah. She went from "ooh, I'd enjoy corrupting that altar boy" to "I need him to love me because he brings out the good in me," and I'm not buying it. It feels more like the writers needed someone for Harry so that he and Macy could make each other jealous, and they can't just shoehorn characters into plots like that.

If Abigael needs to be romantically tied to one of our characters, I'd rather it be Mel. Mel is too uptight, so Abigael teasing her and getting under her skin could be fun. I liked their scenes this week.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Cranberry said:

Abigael teasing her and getting under her skin could be fun. I liked their scenes this week.

Mel brings out the good witch in Abigael way more than Harry.. But I still prefer her as a half demon/witch  compared to this demon overlord/ lovesick mooning girl they've turned her into 

• Love 1

I forgot to say the only thing that made Abigail slightly more interesting this week was seeing her book of spells from her mother.  I think that's why she seemed to have more of a connection with Mel, though I wouldn't want to see that either.  

Not really sure why Whitelighters are so easily killable.

The demon at the rave using everyones energy to revive the dead was cool though also not sure why they are so gung-ho on the sisters being these great physical fighters as opposed to using their....Charmed powers and sisterhood to help save the day.

They really should just spin Abigail off into her show, she has plenty of potential, backstory, and wouldnt be bogged down with expectation. 

The demon at the rave using everyones energy to revive the dead was cool though also not sure why they are so gung-ho on the sisters being these great physical fighters as opposed to using their....Charmed powers and sisterhood to help save the day.

That's another thing. Originally Maggie could read thoughts because the show probably thought Phoebe Haliwell's powers were lame. But now Maggie has basically the same power Phoebe had, and now she's fighting physically like Phoebe too because she doesn't have an "active" power like her sisters. 

On 2/1/2020 at 2:09 PM, Ratatouille said:

Mel was there, I guess. That’s all I got on her part of this episode. She and the actress that plays Maggie could do with some extra night acting classes. 

Next week looks like another “okay” episode. Yay? Can the network take back a renewal? 🤔

<Snort>

On 2/2/2020 at 1:32 PM, Camera One said:

Go ahead and dance like no one is witching because no one is.

Loving the snark!

It seems like the template for the back half the season is to now have each sister on a separate mission with a completely unrelated storyline.

Having the action driving the central plot occur offscreen was a big misstep and indicative of bad writing, IMHO. Don't these writers know to show, and not tell? I mean if we can get an utterly useless flashback for a character we met in Julian's parents being killed when he was a child, why can't they show this? Are they trying to shroud the fact that the attack by the malignant was most likely orchestrated by Abigael, because it's pretty obvious she's being pulling all the strings.

Speaking of Abigael, these plots have become not only derivative but highly repetitive as well. First Abigael poisons herself in order to get Harry's attention, and now she (likely) poisons Harry so she can save him and he can be indebted to her? Please.

The Harry/Macy/Abigael triangle (or quadrangle, if you include Julian) is really trying my patience with this show. Harry and Abigael can walk off into the sunset and never return, as far as I care. I can tolerate Jordan and Maggie because while their relationship does have romantic undertones, it's not overt as he has a girlfriend and he has said Maggie is not his type. I guess it's only a matter of time until that relationship is ruined when things are no longer platonic.

• Love 1