Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09 The Trap

SueB
  • Start Topic

On 1/23/2020 at 7:31 PM, Castiels Cat said:

Everyone in Purgatory is dead and doesn't have a body. Only Cas and Dean have corporeal form. Eve was only able to inhabit a VIRGIN body after a ritual performed by others. Of course with these writers anything is possible...

Also I'm not sure that they don't have bodies.

My theory has been that they have hell bodies or purgatory bodies or heaven bodies that they receive when they enter that realm. If they didn't have some kind of body, they wouldn't be able to interact. Dean and Benny wouldn't be able to stand back to back while fighting monsters. Dean wouldn't be able to hit and slash monsters with his handmade weapon.

Now whether that "body" can leave that realm, I don't know - I'm thinking no, which is why Benny traveled inside of Dean.

But that's just my theory.

• Useful 1
45 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Also I'm not sure that they don't have bodies.

My theory has been that they have hell bodies or purgatory bodies or heaven bodies that they receive when they enter that realm. If they didn't have some kind of body, they wouldn't be able to interact. Dean and Benny wouldn't be able to stand back to back while fighting monsters. Dean wouldn't be able to hit and slash monsters with his handmade weapon.

Now whether that "body" can leave that realm, I don't know - I'm thinking no, which is why Benny traveled inside of Dean.

But that's just my theory.

Moving my answer to the All Seasons thread.

2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Actually, Dr. Visyak did, and implied others could:

ELEANOR: I didn't ask those idiots to crack the door. I just happened to be the thing that fell through. And let me tell you something, you are lucky it was me.

BOBBY: You're saying you're on our side?

ELEANOR: I'm on my side. I happen to like it here. I don't want to see this place turned into some bloody wasteland.

BOBBY: So you killed H.P. Lovecraft?

ELEANOR: Please. That guy couldn't even write "hello". (She stands up.) Look, I have spent 75 years trying to keep Purgatory closed. Why do you think I gave Dean the sword? 

Taking to Speculation with Spoilers

On 1/17/2020 at 11:01 AM, bettername2come said:

I liked the twist that those visions were memories, rather than drafts. It made sense. And it made sense that Chuck had manipulated things so that Eileen would come back to life and be his eyes in the bunker. Her return's a little contrived and Chuck's probably a shipper. And glad to see Jack coming back. The man deserves a paycheck.

I also liked the reveal that they were actual endings and that Chuck manipulated the Eileen thing. 

On 1/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, Aeryn13 said:

Chuck's future was bs. Because what would the brothers do if they themselves became monsters and a danger to their surviving friends and people in general? A) take themselves out or B) attack/kill their friends?

Sam didn't even question that. Nor the fact that as he himself stated earlier in the Season Chuck has a habit of leaving all his little draft Earths to their own devices. And gosh golly, they don"t suddenly have monster apocalypses.

Yeah, it seems to me like the guys often take care of an immediate problem and then deal with the next problem. Even if it was true, it seems like trapping God and then figuring out the monster thing would make more sense. 

And agreed that they wouldn't have allowed themselves to stick around and hurt their friends. 

I thought JA was great in this and there were some pretty good parts to counteract some fairly dumb ones. The script sort of felt like a first draft and there was some and thenning. I feel like the writers cannot figure out pacing (among so many other things) and it is maddening. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, The Companion said:

I also liked the reveal that they were actual endings and that Chuck manipulated the Eileen thing. 

Yeah, it seems to me like the guys often take care of an immediate problem and then deal with the next problem. Even if it was true, it seems like trapping God and then figuring out the monster thing would make more sense. 

And agreed that they wouldn't have allowed themselves to stick around and hurt their friends. 

I thought JA was great in this and there were some pretty good parts to counteract some fairly dumb ones. The script sort of felt like a first draft and there was some and thenning. I feel like the writers cannot figure out pacing (among so many other things) and it is maddening. 

I think Sam and Dean, in a world that was not tipped to Darkness, could make a choice not to harm others. Chuck may have been showing memories regarding lesser Sam and Deans; but, he is also cautioning them that this too could happen to them if the balance is tipped away from light. Not just a more evil world, but also a more evil atmosphere that invades the soul or conscience.

• Love 2