Type keyword(s) to search

S40: Kim Spradlin

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Kim's bio

https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/216307/

"My life has changed tremendously in the last seven years. My first go-round I was 28 and newly single, I coveted the escape and the adventure of Survivor. Since then, I got married and had three babies as fast as humanly possible. I think this will perhaps change everything about the way I play, I just don't know exactly how. My plan is to take this new season as a completely new and separate experience from the last!"

Yup! Everyone is on the Kim train. Almost all listed her as having the best game. They are either going to work with her or she's voted off first if her tribe loses the first immunity challenge. I hope not. I thought Kim was so awesome then and in her interviews she's still a hoot. I can't believe she had those 3 kids in that short amount of time. She and the hubby were very busy. LOL!!!! I hope she goes far in to the game. I don't know if she can win again but I would be happy to see her make the merge.

• Love 4

Interview with KIm Spradlin-Wolfe

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/23/survivor-kim-spradlin-winners-at-war-interview/

"It’s a great question. I think I am completely the same and totally different at the same time. I mean, I have a lot of the same attributes that I think made me good the first time. And this time around, I think I know how to grind way harder than I did last time. I mean, having three babies in three years was beyond anything I had experienced. A whole new tired. Natural childbirth. You just want to die. And so if I had to do Survivor or natural childbirth again, that would be a tossup. They’re both an ass-kicking."

• Love 4

I hope she does really well. She's pretty much everyone's #1 target so I'm a little worried. Of course, she could be on a winning tribe and not see Tribal Council till later. I'm curious who she works with and who targets Kim the most. I'm thinking Sandra will do both. It won't be long till we find out some of these answers. I love my Survivor Wednesday's.  

• Love 2

Interview with Kim.

https://my.xfinity.com/ed/tv/2020/01/29/survivor-champion-kim-spradlin-wolfe-i-could-be-the-lord-varys-to-sandras-tyrion/

She wants to align with Sandra, Sophie and Michele. 

"I’m going with Michele. How do I put this nicely…I love Michele, she seems really sweet. I think we’ll get along. I think she could be my new Chelsea (Meissner)."

She also wants to vote out Sarah first (she is the 3rd woman to say tihis, lol)

Also, she hates EOE

" It’s hard for me. I hate the Edge of Extinction, I hate it with a passion. As a fan, as a player…honestly, I can even say even if I was voted out I’d rather go to the jury. I’d love to get back in the game, sure, but it doesn’t feel right. It doesn’t feel like “Survivor” if people can get back in. I wouldn’t have won my season with all of this stuff. Troy would have come back or whatever."

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LanceM said:

Interview with Kim.

https://my.xfinity.com/ed/tv/2020/01/29/survivor-champion-kim-spradlin-wolfe-i-could-be-the-lord-varys-to-sandras-tyrion/

She wants to align with Sandra, Sophie and Michele. 

"I’m going with Michele. How do I put this nicely…I love Michele, she seems really sweet. I think we’ll get along. I think she could be my new Chelsea (Meissner)."

She also wants to vote out Sarah first (she is the 3rd woman to say tihis, lol)

Also, she hates EOE

" It’s hard for me. I hate the Edge of Extinction, I hate it with a passion. As a fan, as a player…honestly, I can even say even if I was voted out I’d rather go to the jury. I’d love to get back in the game, sure, but it doesn’t feel right. It doesn’t feel like “Survivor” if people can get back in. I wouldn’t have won my season with all of this stuff. Troy would have come back or whatever."

I haven't gone through all the interviews yet, but what does everyone have against Sarah?  I'd be going after Parvati, Sandra, and Amber (just by the Mariano default) first.

Also, I 100% agree on her thoughts on EOE.  I don't know if any of them would ever admit it, but I've always wondered if the EOE cast has some regrets voting for Chris as the winner, after being out of the game and having a chance to take it all in. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

If I couldn’t love Kim anymore (Sorry, MR. Wolfe but I really, really do) she goes speaks for millions that EOE sucks. She also adds she’d rather go to Ponderosa. Mmmmmmm! Will Kim forgo EOE and just enjoy Ponderosa until the rest of the jury shows up? That would be interesting. Also, she’s basically perfect. She’s is still bff with Chelsea which I appreciate, too. I hope Kim does well and I’m dying to see her play again. Only, two more weeks to go. So exciting!

• Love 1

She and Jeremy can bond over the fact that they both hate Edge of Extinction.

Of all the returnee winners, she's the one I'm most interested in seeing play again. Of all the non-Sandra winners, she is the one I can most easily imagine drawing even with Sandra's two wins on two outings (even though Sandra's turn on Game Changers has now made it two wins on three outings)—not just on this season, but on any returnee season. I really do think she's that good.

• Love 3
On 1/30/2020 at 9:56 PM, ByaNose said:

If I couldn’t love Kim anymore (Sorry, MR. Wolfe but I really, really do) she goes speaks for millions that EOE sucks. She also adds she’d rather go to Ponderosa. Mmmmmmm! Will Kim forgo EOE and just enjoy Ponderosa until the rest of the jury shows up? That would be interesting. Also, she’s basically perfect. She’s is still bff with Chelsea which I appreciate, too. I hope Kim does well and I’m dying to see her play again. Only, two more weeks to go. So exciting!

My hope is everyone would revolt and leave EOE.  In addition, if they bring this stupid twist back in future seasons, I hope those players do the same.  Of course, TPTB will probably just throw in a new rule saying they aren't allowed to leave anymore just so they don't look bad for putting it in there.

Survivor's had some pretty crappy twists through the years that many have complained about (and still do in the case of the endless idols and advantages that are throw at the castaways).  However, EOE seemed to have everyone in agreement with how bad it was.  It goes along the Outcast Tribe Twist, which, if IIRC, Probst himself hated and made the statement about when people are voted off they should stay voted off.  Guess he only hates it when a Scout leader comes back and takes revenge against one of Probst's man crushes.

But, that might actually be an interesting twist to the EOE twist.  Have those ousted castoffs compete against those still in the game.  If they win, then they can compete for someone to return.  If not, then they have to go off on the pre-jury trip (or to the jury, if they did it twice like they did the first time).  At least it wouldn't be an unfair advantage like the Outcast tribe had, living it up in Ponderosa.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Kim remains one of my favorite winners ever. She made OW bearable to watch, even as she dominated that season from start to finish and made mincemeat of all her other tribemates. She just has a calmness about and around her that makes anyone want to talk and listen to her even though you know deep in your heart she's a damn good player and a huge threat. She's the total opposite of  Sarah and Sandra. 

I mean, like last night - when she heard her name is on the chopping block, she started going around to people, calmly stating "do you want to talk? what are you hearing?" "Am I welcome or not welcome?", etc. You know she's panicking deep down but that calm remained throughout in her voice. I'm glad she beat that poker alliance thing rumor right at the start and was right to bring up that there are other stronger alliances there that others should be afraid of. I hope she eventually teams up with Yul. She's still an "old school" Survivor, after all.

I really hope she goes far, and I hope she wins.

• Love 1

Nobody makes Kim cry and gets away it. It’s sort of like, “Nobody puts baby in the corner”. LOL!!!! I hope she rebounds next week but I worry because if they lose immunity I think she’s next into he chopping block. Unless, the newbies get rid of Rob or Parvati. Hopefully, it’s a man because EI already has two woman. It’s almost like an ordinary season where older or woman in general are voted out first. 

• Love 1

Kim didn't look great in this first episode, but at the end of the day, she survived and clearly knew to write Amber's name down, as opposed to Tyson's (another member of the "poker alliance") or Nick's (which is what Amber did). I think she's going to be okay. Also, her body is insane—I can hardly believe that she's had three kids.

• Love 1

I do worry if they lose immunity she’ll be next on the chopping block. It will be interstellar to see if Kim realizes that Tyson threw her under the bus and if anyone will work with her. For some reason, Sandra (she really is that good) was able to get everyone to ostracize Kim to the point it made her cry. Hopefully, she’ll be able to rebound back.